Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Newbie question.

If I was to do this upgrade for my young fellow, do I just plug in new console sign in and all his old games and apps will download?

I have an external drive plugged into currently in which some some is stored, will this continue to work on new console.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Newbie question.

If I was to do this upgrade for my young fellow, do I just plug in new console sign in and all his old games and apps will download?

I have an external drive plugged into currently in which some some is stored, will this continue to work on new console.

Thanks
    it will you just have to sign into the new xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah did the trade in there as well, upgraded my card but never did the extra game for a tender off but we're telling me the best way to do it, they were absolutely sound

Wait until you have to deal with them in the Parkway when it comes to warranty issues :D the 3 R’s may as well not exist when it’s past 3 or 6 months, whatever their policy is in GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Newbie question.

Thanks

Transfer what you can to the hard drive, it should be seamless when you reattach it. But yeah all his digital games should be attached to his gamertag. Make sure to set the new console as the 'home' console.

There's a games section on the Xbox divided into 'installed' and 'ready to install'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

How do you mean?

Its slow, takes ages too boot, load menus, browse even compared to the other systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Have to say, extremely pleased I did this, the difference in games like RDR2 has been amazing. What else particularly takes advantage of the extra welly?

That said, my son has mostly taken over and we've had Minecraft on. I *think* it looks better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

the corpo wrote: »
    Have to say, extremely pleased I did this, the difference in games like RDR2 has been amazing. What else particularly takes advantage of the extra welly?

That said, my son has mostly taken over and we've had Minecraft on. I *think* it looks better ;)
    xbox x way more power than the orginal to get most of your new xbox connect it to a 4k Tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

Kingdom Come is €5 at the minute in Smyth's. The game is a different beast from its buggy launch. Highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Has anyone brought the old 500gb ones into GS with scratches etc. Were they accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

dan786 wrote: »
    Has anyone brought the old 500gb ones into GS with scratches etc. Were they accepted?

I went in today with my S which has a 2TB HD, when I mentioned it to them they said it didnt matter as it was for ANY Xbox One console.

Still a good deal as I ended up trading a few other games I had which I no longer played and got it for €75 in the end.
    This was GS in Blanch, they had the Forza bundle so I now have 2 Forza games I will never play, I'll have to sell them :)

Have to say, the staff were really good and the one who helped me was very bubbly and cute, her name was Heather, I think I might have a crush on her :p:p

I was worried that they wouldnt take it because the cable to the controller had broken, I had glued it back together but it still didnt work however when she was taking it out she just handed it to me and said it wasnt needed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

dan786 wrote: »

I traded in my Day One banger, no issues. :D

Zico-PES wrote: »
    I traded in my Day One banger, no issues. :D

Just left a two with them for testing hopefully they accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Anyone know if they accept more than one copy of the same game for the xbox one x trade in deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

EmacB wrote: »
    Anyone know if they accept more than one copy of the same game for the xbox one x trade in deal?

Generally with their trade ins they have "multiples not allowed"

EmacB wrote: »

No if its same platform.

Yes if its different platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Another question, what other hardware apart from the xbox itself do they need? Power supply, hdmi and a controller I'm guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Have you done a power cycle/reset? How old is the console? If you've tried everything, symptoms would suggest its the HDD failing

It's an X I got Thursday morning. It just the ****ty OS MS use for Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm not sure if this has been posted but no harm in a repost. :D

This is for anyone on the Xbox Insider program. I think you have to be Delta at minimum in the program.

If you sign up for Games pass ultimate for 1 pound UK, it amalgamates the combined months of your existing games pass and existing gold and you get that amount in months in Ultimate, as far as I can see.

I had Gold out to mid 2020 and GP out to mid 2021 and for 1 pound, it combined both to give me Gold out to mid 2022 and Game Pass to mid 2022, so the 36 month max stack for both.

Effectively, two years free Gold and over an extra free year of Games Pass in my case

Just turn off recurring billing when you are done.

Well it cost a pound so technically not free :D

Worth a try for anyone on the preview / insider program.

There are threads in UK about it if anyone is interested.

Some details here

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-1-plus-equivalent-time-credit-for-your-gold-game-pass-xbox-insider-app-3216054?page=4#comment-37678326

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's an X I got Thursday morning. It just the ****ty OS MS use for Xbox.

It works fine tbf. I'm sure you could make a tidy profit selling it now so wouldn't worry about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

amadablam wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been posted but no harm in a repost. :D

This is for anyone on the Xbox Insider program. I think you have to be Delta at minimum in the program.

If you sign up for Games pass ultimate for 1 pound UK, it amalgamates the combined months of your existing games pass and existing gold and you get that amount in months in Ultimate, as far as I can see.

I had Gold out to mid 2020 and GP out to mid 2021 and for 1 pound, it combined bother to give me Gold out to mid 2022 and Game Pass to mid 2022, so the 36 month max stack for both.

Effectively, two years free Gold and over an extra free year of Games Pass in my case

Just turn off recurring billing when you are done.

Well it cost a pound so technically not free :D

Worth a try for anyone on the preview / insider program.

There are threads in UK about it if anyone is interested.

Some details here

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-1-plus-equivalent-time-credit-for-your-gold-game-pass-xbox-insider-app-3216054?page=4#comment-37678326

I don't fully understand is it a glitch or an offer if a glitch I can see them over turning it as it is easily traceable but if it is an offer(some how I don't think it is as it sounds too good to be true) then that is dome deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I don't fully understand is it a glitch or an offer if a glitch I can see them over turning it as it is easily traceable but if it is an offer(some how I don't think it is as it sounds too good to be true) then that is dome deal.

Its an offer, apparently. They are really just combining your subs. You are being rewarded because GPU runs both subs combined.

Nothing sinister and nothing to trace. People have done it over a month ago with out hassle.

Its part of trialing the new GPU apparently.

Only open to preview program and you just get a chance to try Games Pass Ultimate as part of that.

Good value. Lots of lads are topping up existing subs with cheap 3 month cdkeys games pass and benefiting with the corresponding Gold sub extensions.

Im glad I did it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Oh right. I can't get it as I am not on the insider program for good reason too many updates. I find a general user updates too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

amadablam wrote:
    I'm not sure if this has been posted but no harm in a repost.

Ha no way had gold till July 2020 and gamepass till July 2019. Now have Game Pass Ultimate till October 2020 :D Thanks for sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ha no way had gold till July 2020 and gamepass till July 2019. Now have Game Pass Ultimate till October 2020 :D Thanks for sharing!

Same had Gold until September 2019 and Game Pass until December 2019. Bought 12 months Gold for €40 then switched to GPU, extended both until July 2021 for €41.20.

Your remaining time on Gold and Game Pass are added, up to a maximum of 36 months. Well worth getting ~30 months in subs before switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I need to set my country to UK on my xbox for this to work? :)
    Or can i buy it on xbox.com/en-gb ??

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I need to set my country to UK on my xbox for this to work? :)
    Or can i buy it on xbox.com/en-gb ??

Has to be done on the console through the Insider app while set to a region where the GPU trial is taking place.

Has to be done on the console through the Insider app while set to a region where the GPU trial is taking place.

Not showing up for me! :(
    I'll just leave it set to UK overnight and try again tomorrow! :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Not showing up for me! :(
    I'll just leave it set to UK overnight and try again tomorrow! :)

Didn't show for me until I set both my language and region to UK. You also need to be in the Delta or higher preview dashboard.

• Advertisement

Didn't show for me until I set both my language and region to UK. You also need to be in the Delta or higher preview dashboard.

My tier is beta, but I think my language is Ireland. I'll sort it out tomorrow, cheers boss :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement