Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ha no way had gold till July 2020 and gamepass till July 2019. Now have Game Pass Ultimate till October 2020 :D Thanks for sharing!

You are more than welcome bud.

I thought it might be of use to some of the gang here :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    My tier is beta, but I think my language is Ireland. I'll sort it out tomorrow, cheers boss :D

You might have to be tier 4 or 5 but just do the activities. Some people poster issues with that.

Best of luck though. :)

Glad a few of ye are getting it anyway. It's a fantastic little deal.

Don't know how many on insider program but going by the thanks on my post and how few questions, I'd say only a handful of people here are benefiting this time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^
    I'm level 14, so should be grand there :)

I will get it to work later, was just ready for bed last night, so hadn't the patience!

If I get it going, I should get 31 months free game pass :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    ^^^
    I'm level 14, so should be grand there :)

I will get it to work later, was just ready for bed last night, so hadn't the patience!

If I get it going, I should get 31 months free game pass :D

Same as myself so apologies I didn't respond until this morning.

Hope you get maxed out lad :D:D

I was delighted to get the full 36 stack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

amadablam wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been posted but no harm in a repost. :D

This is for anyone on the Xbox Insider program. I think you have to be Delta at minimum in the program.

If you sign up for Games pass ultimate for 1 pound UK, it amalgamates the combined months of your existing games pass and existing gold and you get that amount in months in Ultimate, as far as I can see.

I had Gold out to mid 2020 and GP out to mid 2021 and for 1 pound, it combined both to give me Gold out to mid 2022 and Game Pass to mid 2022, so the 36 month max stack for both.

Effectively, two years free Gold and over an extra free year of Games Pass in my case

Just turn off recurring billing when you are done.

Well it cost a pound so technically not free :D

Worth a try for anyone on the preview / insider program.

There are threads in UK about it if anyone is interested.

Some details here

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-1-plus-equivalent-time-credit-for-your-gold-game-pass-xbox-insider-app-3216054?page=4#comment-37678326

Just did this myself and got an extra 14 months on both so I now have 36 months of ultimate, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I dont have game pass but I may have to pick up a cheap sub on cdkeys and go for that offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I dont have game pass but I may have to pick up a cheap sub on cdkeys and go for that offer

Think there is an offer for 3 months at €1 or something on Xbox dashboard if you don't have current sub. Unless you've already availed of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I can see it in the insider app so I figure its a good time to load up on Xbox live subs to the max 36 month limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Hasn't worked for me. I have both 14 months XBL and 3 months Game pass currently. Joined in the Insider app but it hasn't been reflected in my subscriptions. Was charged the £1 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

You are more than welcome bud.

I thought it might be of use to some of the gang here :D

You might have to be tier 4 or 5 but just do the activities. Some people poster issues with that.

Best of luck though. :)

Glad a few of ye are getting it anyway. It's a fantastic little deal.

Don't know how many on insider program but going by the thanks on my post and how few questions, I'd say only a handful of people here are benefiting this time :(

Thanks a million for this one. Managed to sign up. Only thing was it asked for a new payment method, and would only accept a UK postcode so not sure that will cause any hassles when it looks for the first payment. My original gamepass and xbox live gold are now showing as expired so looks good. Do I have to leave the region setting as UK ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

baldshin wrote:
    Hasn't worked for me. I have both 14 months XBL and 3 months Game pass currently. Joined in the Insider app but it hasn't been reflected in my subscriptions. Was charged the £1 too.

Your gold and gamepass sub stay as they were but your gamepass ultimate sub will say different. Did you check that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm good until August 2021 with Ultimate!

On my PC, its saying Live Gold & Game Pass are under Cancelled Subscriptions.

Should I keep my region as UK or will it mess up things to change back to Ireland?

Your gold and gamepass sub stay as they were but your gamepass ultimate sub will say different. Did you check that?

I don't actually, where could I find that? Sorry if it's a stupid question!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

baldshin wrote: »
    I don't actually, where could I find that? Sorry if it's a stupid question!

You can check it here: https://account.microsoft.com/services/

Or under Subscriptions in settings on the xbox itself

You can check it here: https://account.microsoft.com/services/

Or under Subscriptions in settings on the xbox itself

Thanks for that, it's not showing me as being subscribed to GPU at all in there or the console, but it is from the Insider Hub app. Might need to contact support.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Sorted with ultimate until December 2021 now. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Do you only get the offer for GPU if you take the 1 for 3 months GP deal? I'm a Delta level 3 currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Probably mentioned earlier but what are these levels? The fact I'm asking probably says I won't be able to take advantage of the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

baldshin wrote: »
    Thanks for that, it's not showing me as being subscribed to GPU at all in there or the console, but it is from the Insider Hub app. Might need to contact support.

Go back to the page via the insider hub, it sounds like it was the first time using that payment type in that region causing a £1 charge to be sent to verify it. It should allow you to join from there if it didn't work previously.

Seems like this is finished now, oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

sweetie wrote: »
    Do you only get the offer for GPU if you take the 1 for 3 months GP deal? I'm a Delta level 3 currently.

How do you check your level?

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    How do you check your level?

just under your avatar in the insider hub, you build up your level score by doing quests and surveys etc. I managed to get to 4 last night but think the offer was finished yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

dan786 wrote: »
    Just left a two with them for testing hopefully they accept.

I was just wondering if you, or anyone else who did a trade in, can tell me how long the testing usually takes?

I'll drop my one s in at lunch time, wondering if they would have it done in the hour or if I'll need to call back after work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Faker74 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if you, or anyone else who did a trade in, can tell me how long the testing usually takes?

I'll drop my one s in at lunch time, wondering if they would have it done in the hour or if I'll need to call back after work?

They usually ask you to come back in half an hour so just pop in then maybe do some shopping or just walk around for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Depends on the store, mine is always dead so took 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Depends on the employee/store by the looks of it, I was in the place ten minutes tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Different store by store and also day you bring it in and the number of staff in. I brought in two Monday to my local and it took them 3 hours.

Brought two last Thursday as well to same place and it took 1 hour.

They had 3 staff Thursday and two Monday.

I'm not sure if this has been posted but no harm in a repost. :D

This is for anyone on the Xbox Insider program. I think you have to be Delta at minimum in the program.

If you sign up for Games pass ultimate for 1 pound UK, it amalgamates the combined months of your existing games pass and existing gold and you get that amount in months in Ultimate, as far as I can see.

I had Gold out to mid 2020 and GP out to mid 2021 and for 1 pound, it combined both to give me Gold out to mid 2022 and Game Pass to mid 2022, so the 36 month max stack for both.

Effectively, two years free Gold and over an extra free year of Games Pass in my case

Just turn off recurring billing when you are done.

Well it cost a pound so technically not free :D

Worth a try for anyone on the preview / insider program.

There are threads in UK about it if anyone is interested.

Some details here

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-1-plus-equivalent-time-credit-for-your-gold-game-pass-xbox-insider-app-3216054?page=4#comment-37678326

For anyone still trying this : it appears the trial offer is over.

Well done to those who maxed out the 36 months - competitive barstewards! :D. :D

Got my 36 months #delighted!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/21/thanks-for-testing-xbox-game-pass-ultimate/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

dan786 wrote: »
    Different store by store and also day you bring it in and the number of staff in. I brought in two Monday to my local and it took them 3 hours.

Brought two last Thursday as well to same place and it took 1 hour.

They had 3 staff Thursday and two Monday.

Thats crazy, my store usually has one person working. 3 would be Xmas eve haha. It was literally me and your one behind the till in the store. Naas is always dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Liamalone wrote: »
    Depends on the employee/store by the looks of it, I was in the place ten minutes tops.

Definitely depends on the employee, I dropped into Liffey Street as I was passing yesterday and asked the young fella what I need to do to prep my original console for the trade and he started talking about send the console off "to the warehouse" to be tested. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hey Folks,

I thought I would post this. Amazon.co.uk has a sale on external hard drives at the moment, they have an 8TB drive for £129

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Desktop-External-Integrated-2-Port/dp/B07173WR4B?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_cddbae49_4&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

8TB External Hard Drive - £129

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Drive-Special-Portable-External/dp/B071HXZX2C?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_cddbae49_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

4TB External Hard Drive - £95

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Drive-Special-Portable-External/dp/B0711V6Q3K?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_cddbae49_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

2TB External Hard Drive - £65

Could be worth it if you are looking to expand your storage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement