Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Microsoft are not region locking stores (Yet).

You can still switch marketplace using the features that are built into the OS. They are just using better payment validation to ensure that you have a valid payment method for that particular region.

Most Xbox One owners have noticed that if you try to watch an Xbox One video from the US region it straight away region blocks you. They could apply the same to marketplaces but haven't yet.

Offically you can make a purchase from any region as long as you have a valid payment method for the region. Unfortunately many of us don't :D

Strange as the reason I assumed it was region / ip locked was I had $30 of credit on my us account and it wouldn't let me buy the game I wanted. Must check it again as that could have been an xbox live issue at the time I tried :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Will there be any more deals on xb1 store? Would love forza 5

Ahem, check my sig ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »
    Strange as the reason I assumed it was region / ip locked was I had $30 of credit on my us account and it wouldn't let me buy the game I wanted. Must check it again as that could have been an xbox live issue at the time I tried :confused:

when was that? I bought far cry 4 last week with credit on my us account.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Was up all night with sick son, so used the opportunity to jump on to the Game website when it eventually came back up. Black Friday deal (XB1, ACU, ACBF, Lego Marvel and Forza 5 for STG299) was gone but managed to pick up the ACU/ACBF bundle plus the dual controller docking station and rechargeable battery pack for STG312.98 (€392) inc delivery. Not a huge saving but saves me having to scramble round Dublin looking for a decent available deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

"FAILSAFE wrote:
    Most Xbox One owners have noticed that if you try to watch an Xbox One video from the US region it straight away region blocks you. They could apply the same to marketplaces but haven't yet.
    The video Marketplace is different, as that requires licencing by the various studios and distributors, which are different per movie per region usually.

For the Game marketplace, Microsoft licence that and can leave it up to the publishers whether the game will be sold in a particular region, and even let the publisher decide if a game will work in a particular region or not (see the Chinese Xbox One).

Aside from Chinese specific games, I think everything released works in any region - once there is a valid payment option on the account, as you said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You can still switch marketplace using the features that are built into the OS. They are just using better payment validation to ensure that you have a valid payment method for that particular region.

Offically you can make a purchase from any region as long as you have a valid payment method for the region. Unfortunately many of us don't :D

So they're still trying to stop people buying from marketplaces they shouldn't be buying from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

calex71 wrote: »

That is strange I bought $25 Xbox digital gift card last night switched the region on my Xbox one to US and entered the code and was then able to buy and download the walking dead bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

fifa 15 ultimate addition was around 38e on Xbox Live I noticed earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just picked up shadow of mordor and destiny season pass for €52. Not a bad saving :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just picked up shadow of mordor and destiny season pass for €52. Not a bad saving :)

where did you get the destiny season pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Looking for Metro Redux

where did you get the destiny season pass?

Us store. $30 for shadow of mordor and $35 for destiny season pass. So worked out around €50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That is strange I bought $25 Xbox digital gift card last night switched the region on my Xbox one to US and entered the code and was then able to buy and download the walking dead bundle.

Where'd you buy your US currency from?

I seen Newegg.com had a $20 with $5 free but couldn't get it to work :(

Just seen there now Argos have an Xbox ONE controller and Minecraft physical copy for €54.99 and also get €5 argos voucher back too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was trying to buy something that was on sale with a US account, didn't notice at the time that gold sharing doesn't let you avail of deals with other accounts, so the reason it was prompting for payment / card details was because the item was full price and not sale price with that account and the credit on it wasn't enough to cover the game on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Could someone please tell me what assassins creed game is in this Argos bundle, are there 2 AC games in the package ? AC unity is the new one, so is AC rogue a different game then?
    Im not interested in the dance central but with the kinect it seems like a good price??

Thanks from a confused Mammy!!!!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3235793/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+consoles%7C37328802.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

juneg wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me what assassins creed game is in this Argos bundle, are there 2 AC games in the package ? AC unity is the new one, so is AC rogue a different game then?
    Im not interested in the dance central but with the kinect it seems like a good price??

Thanks from a confused Mammy!!!!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3235793/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+consoles%7C37328802.htm

There are 2 AC games: A.C. 4: Black Flag and A.C. Unity.

Rogue is a 360 only game(last gen) and not available on the Xbox One.

It seems like a pretty good price alright. Also, if you click on the special offer tab underneath you can get Shape Up as well for free which you could trade in for free if not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Deano7788 wrote: »
    There are 2 AC games: A.C. 4: Black Flag and A.C. Unity.

Rogue is a 360 only game(last gen) and not available on the Xbox One.

It seems like a pretty good price alright. Also, if you click on the special offer tab underneath you can get Shape Up as well for free which you could trade in for free if not interested.

Thanks Deano,
    I was going to get the extra controller at €13 off . Out of interest though, How much would you get trading in the shape up ( unopened) do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

juneg wrote: »
    Thanks Deano,
    I was going to get the extra controller at €13 off . Out of interest though, How much would you get trading in the shape up ( unopened) do you know?

Not much. You'd be better off getting the extra controller to be honest. Cex only give €15, and I don't think you'd do better elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Where'd you buy your US currency from?

I seen Newegg.com had a $20 with $5 free but couldn't get it to work :(

Got it from Amazon.com have an Oregon billing address setup or just use pcgamesupply.com and you can check out with PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm gonna sound like a right moany old man here but there's bloody two much of this set your region to that, buy in this currency, use this download, thats currently being patched etc... Prices all over the shop!

Bring back the put in your cartridge or cd and have the odd decent price drop!

I own a xbox one a week now (first one broke and second one needed a manual system update using a flash memory stick) and the impression I get is there's way too much going on or way too many ways to buy your games. Can't help but potentially feeling cheated everytime I look to buy a game.

I own the kinect with some dance game, halo and the two assassin creeds. I'd like to add to the collection and shop wisely but there's just too many variables to take into the equation to get the best deals it seems.:-(

What other games should I consider at a good price?

Trilla wrote: »

Bring back the put in your cartridge or cd and have the odd decent price drop!

What other games should I consider at a good price?

You can still have the system of owning a physical collection only if that's what you're after. Yes, with the odd price drop too. Argos for example have a good few games for half price or so at the moment.

A lot of the games on sale tho you can get digitally on the Xbox ONE for only €24.99 for the year.

If you want a cheap, great way to add to your games collection. Get EA Access. You get it through the app store on the Xbox. Launch it, sign up using a debit or credit card for €24.99 for 12 months. For that you get 5 full games. Battlefield 4, Need for Speed Rivals, Madden 25, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare & Peggle 2. You also get to play 6 hours of new games, 5 days before they're actually released. Achievements and all!

Titanfall Deluxe Edition which includes all the DLC is only €12.50 at the moment on the Irish Xbox digital store. That's an AMAZING bargain!

If you want a physical only collection, I can see the appeal of that but you are restricting yourself price wise a lot of the time!

Titanfall Deluxe Edition which includes all the DLC is only €12.50 at the moment on the Irish Xbox digital store. That's an AMAZING bargain!

another n00b question, but by this you mean via xbox live correct?

another n00b question, but by this you mean via xbox live correct?

yes. you might want to gwt moving on that deal. it expires at midnight tonight I think.

yes. you might want to gwt moving on that deal. it expires at midnight tonight I think.

I'd nearly pick it that up myself again for that price

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd nearly pick it that up myself again for that price

ive played a bit over the weekend. player counts are noticeably higher and plenty of n00bs to make me feel better about my abilities too! great game, it was weird how quickly interest died off initially.

Just picked it up! thanks

Any other tips?

Just picked it up! thanks

Any other tips?

Which did you pick up? Titanfall Deluxe Edition is it?

Get EA Access app and sign up to 12 months for €24.99!

More info about it here: http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_IE.html

• Advertisement

Which did you pick up? Titanfall Deluxe Edition is it?

Get EA Access app and sign up to 12 months for €24.99!

More info about it here: http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_IE.html

Yep titanfall!! Is ufc joining that list of EA games Soon? Will I get to keep games after a year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement