Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Hey Folks,

I thought I would post this. Amazon.co.uk has a sale on external hard drives at the moment, they have an 8TB drive for £129

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Desktop-External-Integrated-2-Port/dp/B07173WR4B?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_cddbae49_4&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

8TB External Hard Drive - £129

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Drive-Special-Portable-External/dp/B071HXZX2C?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_cddbae49_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

4TB External Hard Drive - £95

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Drive-Special-Portable-External/dp/B0711V6Q3K?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_cddbae49_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

2TB External Hard Drive - £65

Could be worth it if you are looking to expand your storage

Is it only the xbox specific external drives working with xbox as storage extension? Can i not plug any other ordinary external drive?

in2dark wrote: »
    Is it only the xbox specific external drives working with xbox as storage extension? Can i not plug any other ordinary external drive?

Any drive works, but it has to be formatted, so you can't use it for other stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Basil3 wrote: »
    Any drive works, but it has to be formatted, so you can't use it for other stuff as well.

USB 3.0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

USB 3.0

And at least 256GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Upgraded to the One X yesterday, left it downloading games overnight, from the looks of it the increased file size of the "Enhanced for One X" games means I'll only get one or maybe two more titles onto the 1TB drive than I got on the 500GB of my one S!

Anyway, I got the Forza Horizon 4 /Forza Motorsport 7 bundle, any suggestions on the best way of selling on the Forza 7 code, and a suitable price for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Faker74 wrote: »
    Upgraded to the One X yesterday, left it downloading games overnight, from the looks of it the increased file size of the "Enhanced for One X" games means I'll only get one or maybe two more titles onto the 1TB drive than I got on the 500GB of my one S!

Anyway, I got the Forza Horizon 4 /Forza Motorsport 7 bundle, any suggestions on the best way of selling on the Forza 7 code, and a suitable price for it?

I have the codes on adverts for 40e and no takers after a week

What is the best way to save all saved games progress and prrpare the xbox s for the switch?

Kids will kill me if i lose their progress

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Settings > Storage > Cloud Saved Games > Enable

Will back up all game saves to the cloud and when you sign in on the new console they'll be downloaded

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I have the codes on adverts for 40e and no takers after a week

I'd say you'd do fairly well to get €20, partly because there's probably loads available online, and you can get them with Game Pass anyway, can't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Swapped my One S yesterday for the One X. Picked up 3 games in CeX for €34, they were -

Strange Brigade (PS4) €12
    Steep (PS40 €12
    RE 7: Biohazard Gold (Xbox) €10

Had to wait about half an hour for them to check the S console and got the X then with no issues. Big thanks to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Tempted now that I see the console is back in stock in my local store. Not sure if I’d really benefit though as I’m not a huge gamer, only occasionally play red dead and fifa. And also yet to upgrade to a 4k tv. Still the idea of picking up 3 cheap games in argos or cex and getting the x for €99 seems a class deal

blink44 wrote: »
    Tempted now that I see the console is back in stock in my local store. Not sure if I’d really benefit though as I’m not a huge gamer, only occasionally play red dead and fifa. And also yet to upgrade to a 4k tv. Still the idea of picking up 3 cheap games in argos or cex and getting the x for €99 seems a class deal

Well the way I justified it to myself, cause likewise I'm a pretty casual gamer, is that judging by cex's trade in prices, the trade in value of a one x is around 120-150 euro higher than a one s.

So when I trade in the X further down the line it will have essentially covered the upgrade cost.

(not that I am trying to twist your arm)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Same both here,without the 4k tv I dunno if it's worth the upgrade.

Faker74 wrote: »
    Well the way I justified it to myself, cause likewise I'm a pretty casual gamer, is that judging by cex's trade in prices, the trade in value of a one x is around 120-150 euro higher than a one s.

So when I trade in the X further down the line it will have essentially covered the upgrade cost.

(not that I am trying to twist your arm)

Good argument to convince me spending 150 :-)

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I'm actually running the X on my 1080p monitor rather than my main 4k TV, and there's still a noticeable difference. Do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Game run and play better even if you don't have 4K.

Is there much involved in backing up and restoring the Xbox to factory settings for trade in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i didnt back anything up, i assume its default for saves to be sent to cloud. You dont have to reset it either they do that as well. I just brought it down, they tested it, got one x, plugged it in, updates, add profile, install whatever game i need.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

amadablam wrote: »
    For anyone still trying this : it appears the trial offer is over.

Well done to those who maxed out the 36 months - competitive barstewards! :D. :D

Got my 36 months #delighted!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/21/thanks-for-testing-xbox-game-pass-ultimate/

Anyone else's Gamepass Ultimate disappeared? Mine has gone off the 'services and subscriptions' page on my Microsoft account. Xbox Live Gold & regular Gamepass showing as expired. If I click to renew either of them, it just brings me to another page where the only option is to 'Manage' the subscription which just brings me back to the original page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Is there much involved in backing up and restoring the Xbox to factory settings for trade in?

Dont bring it back to factory settings. Simply remove your profile.

It makes the testing process much faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i didnt back anything up, i assume its default for saves to be sent to cloud. You dont have to reset it either they do that as well. I just brought it down, they tested it, got one x, plugged it in, updates, add profile, install whatever game i need.

I wasn't taking the risk so reset it myself.

Dont bring it back to factory settings. Simply remove your profile.

It makes the testing process much faster.

How do I remove profiles?

Iv read 2 different things on the web, one saying to wipe it for security reasons, another saying don’t wipe it as it will take a lot longer for them to set it up from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Chieftain wrote: »
    Anyone else's Gamepass Ultimate disappeared? Mine has gone off the 'services and subscriptions' page on my Microsoft account. Xbox Live Gold & regular Gamepass showing as expired. If I click to renew either of them, it just brings me to another page where the only option is to 'Manage' the subscription which just brings me back to the original page.

It has disappeared from my subscription page, but my gold and game pass are still active. It is probably there, but hidden as the subscription is not currently available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

It has disappeared from my subscription page, but my gold and game pass are still active. It is probably there, but hidden as the subscription is not currently available.

What Sniper said above, it's removed as it's not actually for sale at the moment.
    Chieftain wrote: »

Is that on your PC or console?

Just checked my subscription on the Xbox App and both game pass and Gold are showing out to 2022.

Might just be something they are testing for the launch of GPU?

Hopefully................ :o

How do I remove profiles?

Iv read 2 different things on the web, one saying to wipe it for security reasons, another saying don’t wipe it as it will take a lot longer for them to set it up from scratch

Personally I did a factory reset, put a new account on it, and installed one of the games I was going to trade in.

When I traded the console in at lunchtime yesterday there were other people queued up ahead of me for testing also, so I told them I'd call back after work.

I don’t actually have any physical games all digital I was just gonna pop down to cex on the way and pick up 3 games off the list I saw on the bargain alerts thread last week. I just logged into my Microsoft account there and removed all payment options so that should be a safe medium?

What Sniper said above, it's removed as it's not actually for sale at the moment.

Is that on your PC or console?

Just checked my subscription on the Xbox App and both game pass and Gold are showing out to 2022.

Might just be something they are testing for the launch of GPU?

Hopefully................ :o

Yeah, it is showing as expiring in the app when it should on the Gold and Game Pass pages, not showing up on account.microsoft.com or the subscription page on the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Yeah, it is showing as expiring in the app when it should on the Gold and Game Pass pages, not showing up on account.microsoft.com or the subscription page on the console.

Just checked mine now on desktop and it showing as expired but when i go into the Xbox app, under settings, both my games pass and Gold are showing as 2022

Might be a glitch but I wont be near my console until later tonight so I cant check it.

Looks like just an error. Fingers crossed anyway :)

Just checked mine now on desktop and it showing as expired but when i go into the Xbox app, under settings, both my games pass and Gold are showing as 2022

Might be a glitch but I wont be near my console until later tonight so I cant check it.

Looks like just an error. Fingers crossed anyway :)

It's working fine as I was still able to download Golf Club 2 today, just an issue with GPU being unavailable.

• Advertisement

I knew you guys would be a bad influence on me. Went down to cex and picked up 3 games, straight down to gamestop in dundrum, 15min later I have my brand new Xbox one x. Great deal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement