Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

maximoose wrote: »
    Settings > Storage > Cloud Saved Games > Enable

Will back up all game saves to the cloud and when you sign in on the new console they'll be downloaded

I cannot find "cloud saved games"

I saw the settings and the storage but not an option to save to any cloud

I have xbox s

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

blink44 wrote:
    I knew you guys would be a bad influence on me. Went down to cex and picked up 3 games, straight down to gamestop in dundrum, 15min later I have my brand new Xbox one x. Great deal!

can I ask which games you picked up cheap for this, thinking of doing the same myself thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

can I ask which games you picked up cheap for this, thinking of doing the same myself thanks

I went to Argos personally. Got Rainbox Six Siege (Xbox) €17.99, Call of Duty MW Remastered (Xbox) €15.99 and Strange Bridgade (Xbox) €15.99.

Nearly €50 exactly. I know you might be able to shave off a few quid hunting around but for the ease of being able to reserve and pick-up in Argos rather than going hunting, it was the best option for me.

Thanks very much for that‚ will do the same, well worth it for an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Do they need the box of the console aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do they need the box of the console aswell

Nope. Just the console, a controller, HDMI cable and plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Nope. Just the console, a controller, HDMI cable and plug.

Brilliant stuff. Cheers for that super furry

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

I can’t actually remember what games I bought, hadn’t heard of them I literally just opened the list of games in one tab, then had argos and cex opened in another and just scrolled through in stock games sorted from lowest price. Just like super_furry I found 3 games in stock priced about €15 each and grabbed them. Bargain hunters could probably find even cheaper but a quick and easy Xbox one x at a total cost of €145 was more than good enough for me

blink44 wrote:
    I can’t actually remember what games I bought, hadn’t heard of them I literally just opened the list of games in one tab, then had argos and cex opened in another and just scrolled through in stock games sorted from lowest price. Just like super_furry I found 3 games in stock priced about €15 each and grabbed them. Bargain hunters could probably find even cheaper but a quick and easy Xbox one x at a total cost of €145 was more than good enough for me

sound thanks must get on that can't go wrong for that

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Swapped my One S yesterday for the One X. Picked up 3 games in CeX for €34, they were -

Strange Brigade (PS4) €12
    Steep (PS40 €12
    RE 7: Biohazard Gold (Xbox) €10

Had to wait about half an hour for them to check the S console and got the X then with no issues. Big thanks to the OP.

I ordered these from CEX. 38.50 next day delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Only kopped today I stupidly forgot to take the rechargeable battery pack out of my controller when I traded in my Xbox. Just in case anyone else makes the same mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I left chargeable batteries in mine as well, doh, excitement was too much

Almost made the same mistake with my batteries in the controller.

For those who have ordered games for delivery from CEX, how long does it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Only catching up on this offer now after holidays, whats the best way to bring in the console to them? Wiped with a dummy profile and game?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Basil3 wrote: »
    For those who have ordered games for delivery from CEX, how long does it take?

Most I'd say most went into their local shop and bought them. It depends on when you ordered them with it being the weekend you should have them Monday or Tuesday depending on what day you ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Only catching up on this offer now after holidays, whats the best way to bring in the console to them? Wiped with a dummy profile and game?

Same as the above, if i just remove my profile completely and back up to the cloud will i be able to log in on the x and redownload my games /dlc

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Same as the above, if i just remove my profile completely and back up to the cloud will i be able to log in on the x and redownload my games /dlc

On my console there is no option saving on cloud. I cannot find anything online with the reason why. I have live subscription but no joy

Any ideas how to avoid losing all saved games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

in2dark wrote: »
    On my console there is no option saving on cloud. I cannot find anything online with the reason why. I have live subscription but no joy

Any ideas how to avoid losing all saved games?

It's all done automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Talisman

What is the best way to save all saved games progress and prrpare the xbox s for the switch?

Kids will kill me if i lose their progress
    The saves should be automatically synced with the profile on the MS servers. To be safe I backed up the settings to an external hard drive which was then connected to the new console before it was first powered on and the settings were automatically imported.

We had also moved all the games to an external drive to save the hassle of reinstalling - little people have zero patience for some reason.

What are people doing with the unwanted forzas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

They are gifting them to me :)

If its unwanted two logical things to do are either gift to someone or try and sell them. That said I have seen both games listed for as low as 20 on like of Adverts but still no interest.

I've actually taken some to raffle off for my local charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I've sold my Forza 4 code for €30
    Still have the Motorsports 7 Code but havent advertised it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I've both for 40 and no offers yet

Got the deal today, in and out in 10mins.. Good bye day one xbox one! The guy instore was a1, actually offered me the fallout76 version alternatively but advised against it

Hard to find games from the list now :-(

Decided I'm gonna upgrade my second One S, so went onto CEX online, and they have multiple games available for €8 that are on the list (€9.50 delivered).

Went into a CEX store, and didn't seem to be many deals.

Got the deal today, in and out in 10mins.. Good bye day one xbox one! The guy instore was a1, actually offered me the fallout76 version alternatively but advised against it

You'd struggle to shift Fallout tbh.

Hard to find games from the list now :-(

Argos are selling the uncharted trilogy for 15.99 along with rainbow six siege for 17.99. I already had 2 from the list so they were the cheapest i could find as CEX were out of most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Argos are selling the uncharted trilogy for 15.99 along with rainbow six siege for 17.99. I already had 2 from the list so they were the cheapest i could find as CEX were out of most

Seriously why does everyone keep overlooking the fact that the Xbox One version of Outcast Second Contact is on the list and is available IN GameStop for €10, still stock in a couple of stores in Leinster and the website. Just buy it and trade it straight back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement