Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

45 on CDkeys.com

But someone on boards mention to check via the xbox as some people are seeing "extend for 25 euro"

Thanks, I can't see the option to extend, so will go CDkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah seems so, I wasn't logged in myself.

I just don't want to be hit for €12.99 next month for something I barely use.

Some of the comments there on Reddit suggest you can't ever downgrade back to regular Gold from Ultimate too.

You can downgrade, you need to let you're sub lapse first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

So what's the best thing to do if you're Gamespass is a about to expire and you don't have Live? I'm in the middle of one of those 3 month deals so don't have anything really to convert to €1 for the remainder of its term.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Hurrache wrote: »
    So what's the best thing to do if you're Gamespass is a about to expire and you don't have Live? I'm in the middle of one of those 3 month deals so don't have anything really to convert to €1 for the remainder of its term.

Stack some cheap subscriptions from CDKeys. That's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I think this is only if you've never had XBox Live or Gamepass before

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/bykg1l/xbox_game_pass_ultimate_is_currently_1_combines/?sort=new

I can confirm this is not the case.
    ive had game pass before and just upgraded 2 years of gold to ultimate for the €1 charge. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Thats a great deal I'll top up my sub tonight and get it. Is cdkeys the cheapest place?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I posted it yesterday but amadablam actually posted it a few weeks ago so credit goes to them! I think it might have been confined to users on the Insider program back then though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I posted it yesterday but amadablam actually posted it a few weeks ago so credit goes to them! I think it might have been confined to users on the Insider program back then though.

It was confined to insiders in certain territories, of which Ireland wasn't included.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Anyone know when the upgrade offer is open until?

Hurrache wrote: »
    Anyone know when the upgrade offer is open until?

Probably only for a week or so, after that it will be €15 for the first month.

• Advertisement

I read somewhere it ends tomorrow, the 11th June. Don't quote me on that, but it sticks in my head as the 11th is my birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It was confined to insiders in certain territories, of which Ireland wasn't included.

Really? My Microsoft account and Xbox are both set to Ireland and I got the deal via insiders a few weeks ago?

I read somewhere it ends tomorrow, the 11th June. Don't quote me on that, but it sticks in my head as the 11th is my birthday.

Happy early Birthday :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Really? My Microsoft account and Xbox are both set to Ireland and I got the deal via insiders a few weeks ago?

Yeah, I needed to switch to the UK region to redeem on the Insider trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ugh, I should have checked to make sure I still had an XBL subscription when I signed up for the deal. I only got 1 month, bought another year in the hopes of extending it but was offered only 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

In fairness, I haven't switched on my Xbox much in the past year thanks to Forza 7 & Horizon 4 being on PC.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ugh, I should have checked to make sure I still had an XBL subscription when I signed up for the deal. I only got 1 month, bought another year in the hopes of extending it but was offered only 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

In fairness, I haven't switched on my Xbox much in the past year thanks to Forza 7 & Horizon 4 being on PC.

You can cancel ultimate, apply your year of gold and then do the upgrade again I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

i just got it until 2021 ;) in Ireland, once it was included

tinner777 wrote: »
    i just got it until 2021 ;) in ireland

It is now available for everyone. The last time the offer was on it was in select territories for the Xbox Beta program.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

Good until Jan 2022!

Yeah, I needed to switch to the UK region to redeem on the Insider trial.

My apologies! I just seen now I in fact paid £1 for it too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Mine not up till 20/05/2021 I got 9 months free wtf.:) I just figure it out they add the gamepass with my xbox live pretty cool doh nice.none of will have buy halo infinite at launch if were getting xbox 2 at launch sweet save some money.

€50 for a 2tb hard drive https://www.wd.com/en-ie/products/wd-recertified/my-passport.html#RWDBS4B0020BBK-WESN

I've 2 of them now and they're perfect for the xbox/ps4, it will come in very handy for all the game pass games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    €50 for a 2tb hard drive https://www.wd.com/en-ie/products/wd-recertified/my-passport.html#RWDBS4B0020BBK-WESN

I've 2 of them now and they're perfect for the xbox/ps4, it will come in very handy for all the game pass games
    I would get the 4TB for €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Can't get past the 'Verify your identity' screen online, even though the email address and phone number are valid - it never sends me the code to either. Will probably get a bunch of messages at 4am!
    Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Stevie_D_D

JDxtra wrote: »
    Can't get past the 'Verify your identity' screen online, even though the email address and phone number are valid - it never sends me the code to either. Will probably get a bunch of messages at 4am!
    Anyone else the same?

I was for a while and then I got my text and email together about half an hour later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yes, bunch of texts came in at the same time just now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I've already used my 1 euro ultimate thing... can I add gold or GamePass too it or is it too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I've already used my 1 euro ultimate thing... can I add gold or GamePass too it or is it too late?

you can cancel it,buy your subs and join again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement