Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Skerries wrote: »

I remember it got poor reviews back in the day, anyone know if it improved?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hococop wrote: »
    I remember it got poor reviews back in the day, anyone know if it improved?

Doubt it. Silicon Knights are long gone, thanks to a ridiculously silly lawsuit they started and lost.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ffs, used press-start, first, every credit card i used kept rejecting
    the used my revoult card on it, took money & said it was rejected.. down 45 euro on that.. maybe it'll bounce back after a few days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorted until June 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Dozyart wrote: »
    you can cancel it,buy your subs and join again

Just for anyone thinking of doing this, it works but something a bit weird happened for me anyway.

I had at least six months XBL left and a few months Game Pass so when I was originally joined Ultimate, I only got it up to early next year or something like that.

Decided I'd try an cancel, stack a couple of years of XBL and try my luck paying the €1 again.

When I cancelled the Ultimate, the 6 months of XBL I should have had left seemed to vanish. My subscriptions page recognized I had an active XBL subscription but there was no date for renewal mentioned. When I stacked my new XBL two codes, it said I was subbed until June 2021 rather than December 2021, as it should have been.

I was still able to resign up to Ultimate for €1 so I'm not too bothered by it but just thought I'd mention it here for anyone who thought they might have missed the boat by signing up before stacking extra subs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

this has me very confused. my live is up next month and gamepass is up in December.
    should I buy a year of gold and then join or join and see what I get from gamepass?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gmg678 wrote: »
    this has me very confused. my live is up next month and gamepass is up in December.
    should I buy a year of gold and then join or join and see what I get from gamepass?

Joining now would give you ultimate until September, better value to extend your gold by a year first imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Joining now would give you ultimate until September, better value to extend your gold by a year first imo.

Would it not be 7 months of Game Pass ultimate. (1 month of Gold renaming + 6 months of Game Pass remaining) so Jan 2020.

I am not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would it not be 7 months of Game Pass ultimate. (1 month of Gold renaming + 6 months of Game Pass remaining)

I am not sure.

Typo, should have typed December there. You are right though, it would actually be January due to the month of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Purchase 2 years of Xbox Live Gold and Redeem both codes.

Check your account first to make sure your Xbox live sub has been extended for 2 years.

Once confirmed get the €1 Game Pass Ultimate offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I currently pay for live monthly (stupid I know). Can I cancel the recurring payment, then purchase a years live sub and upgrade to ultimate and have both for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

stuchyg wrote:
    I currently pay for live monthly (stupid I know). Can I cancel the recurring payment, then purchase a years live sub and upgrade to ultimate and have both for the year?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Just for anyone thinking of doing this, it works but something a bit weird happened for me anyway.

I had at least six months XBL left and a few months Game Pass so when I was originally joined Ultimate, I only got it up to early next year or something like that.

Decided I'd try an cancel, stack a couple of years of XBL and try my luck paying the €1 again.

When I cancelled the Ultimate, the 6 months of XBL I should have had left seemed to vanish. My subscriptions page recognized I had an active XBL subscription but there was no date for renewal mentioned. When I stacked my new XBL two codes, it said I was subbed until June 2021 rather than December 2021, as it should have been.

I was still able to resign up to Ultimate for €1 so I'm not too bothered by it but just thought I'd mention it here for anyone who thought they might have missed the boat by signing up before stacking extra subs.

Same happened to me, oh well it's done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Basil3 wrote: »
    I guess the question is where the best place is to buy xbox live gold at the moment? I need to extend mine.

CDKeys has it for 39.99 GBP - which is a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Korvanica wrote: »
    CDKeys has it for 39.99 GBP - which is a good price.

Press Start is a little cheaper atm at €44.

https://www.press-start.com/en/1-buy-xbox-live-gold-12-month-membership/

I read somewhere it ends tomorrow, the 11th June. Don't quote me on that, but it sticks in my head as the 11th is my birthday.

Apologies for the incorrect info, folks. don't know where I pulled that from.....hope I didn't cause anyone hassle over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

B_Sharp wrote: »

Got this off Reddit:
    Note: Purchase of Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).

So yeah, it you cancel your GPU having upgraded, you go back to scratch.

Oof, post conversion redemption of codes is garbage.

Taken from the Xbox website

1 month of Gold|20 days of Ultimate
    3 months of Gold|50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)
    6 months of Gold|79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
    12 months of Gold|4 months of Ultimate
    24 months of Gold|8 months of Ultimate
    1 month of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)|20 days of Ultimate
    3 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)|2 months of Ultimate
    6 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)|4 months of Ultimate
    12 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)|5 months of Ultimate
    24 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)|10 months of Ultimate
    1 month of Xbox Game Pass PC Games|20 days of Ultimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I had signed up for the ultimate when was announced for 1 euro

Tonight i bought 2 years live and redeemed it

Tgey gave me 8 months ultimate

Cant get through to live now but not happy with that

Ill be ringing them in the morning but surely they will allow it

Would be ****ty pr to screw a few over

That is correct as per the table in the post before yours, that is info taken directly from xbox.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

There's a very clear warning on the conversion before you finally hit OK to redeem any codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They're not screwing anyone over. There's a clearly laid out conversion chart that explains what 12 months of live will give in relation to Ultimate.

You made a mistake, not Microsoft.

Edit: others have said similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They're not screwing anyone over. There's a clearly laid out conversion chart that explains what 12 months of live will give in relation to Ultimate.

You made a mistake, not Microsoft.

Edit: others have said similar.

Ill be on to them this morning

If im limited vy gamepass like that ill just take the live for 2 years instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I'm pretty sure they also state that you cannot convert back.

It's a really crap conversion rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I don't think it'd be ****ty PR considering the amount of people who correctly availed of the offer and are insanely happy about it. The positive here will far outweigh the negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Why are you getting onto them? The details were laid out before you accepted and changed to ultimate.

Ill be on to them this morning

If im limited vy gamepass like that ill just take the live for 2 years instead

You've added 8 months to whatever it extended to orginally on the €1 offer.

So if you'd Live up to 31/12/2019 and added the €1 Ultimate your Live converts to Ultimate until 31/01/20.

You then added another 8 months bringing it to 30/09/20.

Most people added the extra live before upgrading to the €1 offer.

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they also state that you cannot convert back.

It's a really crap conversion rate.

Not really.

Live is €5 per month from Xbox. Ultimate is €15 (?).

So two years 120/360 or a third and that's the ratio they are applying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement