Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Not really.

Live is €5 per month from Xbox. Ultimate is €15 (?).

So two years 120/360 or a third and that's the ratio they are applying.

At Microsofts rates Gold is €6.99 a month, Game Pass is €9.99 and Ultimate is €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Ill be on to them this morning

If im limited vy gamepass like that ill just take the live for 2 years instead

If you get on to them, my advice would be to be very nice. Don't make demands. Accept you messed up and ask them for help.

I posted this in the Game Pass thread last night after I went through the transaction having missed the offer:
    WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Well I completely effed up!

I cancelled my GPU sub to Oct 19 about 10pm on my account on my phone.
    I was refreshing my Xbox dashboard at the same time to see that the 1euro upgrade offer was still there.
    Bought two years of XBL (26 months) and then went though the upgrade process.

It was 12.99...

"Oh well, I missed the 1euro offer. I guess 12.99 is still grand for 26 months of GPU."

No.

I lost my 26 months and was converted to monthly GPU. Next charge due 12/07/19.

I nearly had a heart attack.

When I picked myself up off the ground, stopped throwing a toddler tantrum, and came to my senses, I got onto Xbox email support and told them what had happened.

"No problem sir, I understand your concern, bear with me and I'll see if I can help.....
    Ok, I fixed that there for you. Please check your subscriptions on your Xbox now. You should have Game Pass Ultimate good until 12/09/21."

Glory be.....

It would have served me right. Thick!!! Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

was going to do the offer today when I had cash to get live. ah well live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

WarpAsylum, nice job man, fair play to them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So the guy i was talking to said no no no you cant do that and was rude tbh

Asked to speak to a supervisor

Said look at my account

I paid for gamepass from day 1 monthly and laid out how long i was a customer

It worked

He said as a once off ill do this for you

90 euro for 2 years gamepass

Get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

IvoryTower wrote: »
    WarpAsylum, nice job man, fair play to them as well
    I was blessed! Big time fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So the guy i was talking to said no no no you cant do that and was rude tbh

Asked to speak to a supervisor

Said look at my account

I paid for gamepass from day 1 monthly and laid out how long i was a customer

It worked

He said as a once off ill do this for you

90 euro for 2 years gamepass

Get in

This happened because you became an Ultimate member before redeeming your Live Codes?

In fairness they were right to sort you out but you were likely lucky. Either way its a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Xbox have terrible customer support like sometimes you screw up and its completely not their fault but they fix your screw up for you shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

xPixelx wrote: »
    Xbox have terrible customer support like sometimes you screw up and its completely not their fault but they fix your screw up for you shocking!

They bowed in an apologetic manner and i said arise sir microplat all is forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 19,162 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So am I right in saying that the initial thing you could do where it converts your remaining gold to ultimate for the length left is gone? Seems to be conflicting. Renewed gold today and seeing if I should get another and do this... really should have done it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Liam O wrote: »
    So am I right in saying that the initial thing you could do where it converts your remaining gold to ultimate for the length left is gone? Seems to be conflicting. Renewed gold today and seeing if I should get another and do this... really should have done it before.

Worked for me last night. Topped up my remaining few months live by another two years and then upgraded to game pass ultimate. Next billing date for my ultimate is now 11/2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

The offer is still listed on their website, I'm guessing it's good to the end of the E3 sale, June 17th.

Strongly considering cancelling and topping up another 6 months of live before buying again. Anyone do it recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I had gold until 6/9/19 and my game pass was cancelled. I just got the 1euro ultimate deal there and now it says my ultimate will expire on the 10/9/19

So I just gained 3 months of game pass did I ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I had gold until 6/9/19 and my game pass was cancelled. I just got the 1euro ultimate deal there and now it says my ultimate will expire on the 10/9/19

Also it won’t let me play nhl which is the current game with gold for some reason, it’s sayibg to make sure my gold, game pass or ea access is up to date?

I have ultimate until October so what’s the problem here ?

Also it won’t let me play nhl which is the current game with gold for some reason, it’s sayibg to make sure my gold, game pass or ea access is up to date?

I have ultimate until October so what’s the problem here ?

Your use of American date formats is confusing. All of my dates are in UK/Irish.

Mine says it expired on 9/6/19 (9th of June) and now I have ultimate until 10/9/21 (10th September 2021).

I'd double check the dates on yours.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Your use of American date formats is confusing. All of my dates are in UK/Irish.

Mine says it expired on 9/6/19 (9th of June) and now I have ultimate until 10/9/21 (10th September 2021).

I'd double check the dates on yours.

Sorry my mistake , I meant I had gold until 6/9/19 , my game pass was expired. Now since I got ultimate it expires on 9/10/19 .

So do I now have gold and game pass until October ?

Sorry my mistake , I meant I had gold until 6/9/19 , my game pass was expired. Now since I got ultimate it expires on 9/10/19 .

So do I now have gold and game pass until October ?

By those dates, you'd think so.....but it also doesn't make sense that you would get an extra month and 3 days when you have nothing to stack.

By those dates, you'd think so.....but it also doesn't make sense that you would get an extra month and 3 days when you have nothing to stack.

Well I got an extra month of gold but got 4 months of game pass , didn’t make sense to me either not complaint tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I think you get an extra month for the €1 you pay for the actual months ultimate.

For example I had gold until October 2019 and over 2 months of normal game pass. When I paid the €1 my renewal date is now in February 2020. So they added the 2 months of game pass and 1 month of ultimate to the existing Live subscription.

Well I got an extra month of gold but got 4 months of game pass , didn’t make sense to me either not complaint tho

Yeah, you should be good. Regarding NHL, I just tested it and it's working fine for me, so not sure what the issue is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

After that €1 offer, I bet everyone is sick of hearing about Game Pass Ultimate, right?

Well, for those that missed out, you can get 3 months GPU from amazon for £14.99 at the moment. Normal price £32.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Offer-Ultimate-Months-Limit-Customer/dp/B07S97D11H/ref=sr_1_2?crid=205IWW0UYFKQW&keywords=game+pass+ultimate&qid=1560934352&s=gateway&smid=AR9ZQCUDB1BRG&sprefix=game+p%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-2

Looks like the offer is running until June 30th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I actually have that same HDD, got it during the January Sale, very handy

It also in a weird way looks like the original Xbox One

• Registered Users Posts: 32,606 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

marcbrophy wrote: »
    After that €1 offer, I bet everyone is sick of hearing about Game Pass Ultimate, right?

Well, for those that missed out, you can get 3 months GPU from amazon for £14.99 at the moment. Normal price £32.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Offer-Ultimate-Months-Limit-Customer/dp/B07S97D11H/ref=sr_1_2?crid=205IWW0UYFKQW&keywords=game+pass+ultimate&qid=1560934352&s=gateway&smid=AR9ZQCUDB1BRG&sprefix=game+p%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-2

Will that work in Ireland? It says UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

marcbrophy wrote: »

The upgrade offer is still available though, isn't it? It's still there for me or is it account specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

erkifino wrote: »
    The upgrade offer is still available though, isn't it? It's still there for me or is it account specific?

I’m trying to activate it and it just brings me to a screen with the GPU logo and that’s it.

Is something up here?

Got it to work but it’s saying I don’t have the right membership to play online... I thought Gold was included in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

The Division 2 down to €21 at the moment on CD keys.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/tom-clancys-the-division-2-xbox-one-cd-key

IIDSIIELMO wrote: »
    The Division 2 down to €21 at the moment on CD keys.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/tom-clancys-the-division-2-xbox-one-cd-key

Mmmm I wonder is that a coming soon to game pass price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Mmmm I wonder is that a coming soon to game pass price?

Unlikely seeing as Ubisoft is starting it's own game pass service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Done the €1 GPU deal last night. Bought two 12 month passes of Xbox live at the most expensive I have paid in a long time as I needed them in a hurry. Roughly €43 each I usually wait till there is a deal for around €30-34 for 12 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement