Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I got him the other day. Took about 40 goes all together but only 7 or 8 on him and only the third time I got to his final phase. Died about 15 times to Genichro before I beat his phase the first time :pac:

Deflecting worked wonders and then using Mikiri when he uses a thrust attack. Then return the lighting in his final phase.
    Sweet!

I love how the game forces you to get better at the mechanics and play how you're meant to play. Like, I really respect FromSoft how they pulled that off.

First time I got to Genichiro I was a scrub still trying to Soulsborne my way through the game. I'm way more confident now.

In saying that, I've only just got to him/Ishinn the other night. Had a few goes and I know I just need to put it down for a few days before I go in for the 20-40 back to back attempts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,021 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Sweet!

I love how the game forces you to get better at the mechanics and play how you're meant to play. Like, I really respect FromSoft how they pulled that off.

First time I got to Genichiro I was a scrub still trying to Soulsborne my way through the game. I'm way more confident now.

In saying that, I've only just got to him/Ishinn the other night. Had a few goes and I know I just need to put it down for a few days before I go in for the 20-40 back to back attempts :pac:

I started NG last night and flew through it. It's a lot easier the second time around.

Managed to beat the first Yamauchi, Kawarada, second Yamauchi, Blazing Bull, Lone Shadow Longswordman, Matsumoto, Seven Spears, Shirafuji, Glutton fat guy, Mist Noble, and O'Rin all on my first try.

Chained Orge took three goes because he grabbed me and one hit me the first two goes :pac:

Have stayed away from the Headless so far.

Also killed Gyoubu on my first go. And onto Corrupted Monk tonight.

Just over two hours to do that last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Ryse: Son of Rome In-Game Gold

Free 25,000 gold, according to reddit you can keep on adding it over and over.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/ryse-son-of-rome-in-game-gold/C29LML3XCBJZ/JS0N?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Is the game itself any good?
    I played this game for a bit a while back (then deleted) but went back to it last night....it really is a great looking game.
    Have they added levels to it?
    I did a level where you fought on a beach then had to take down a castle...definitely dont remember it before! Lots of fun.
    I have figured out the key is lots of rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

gmisk wrote: »
    I played this game for a bit a while back (then deleted) but went back to it last night....it really is a great looking game.
    Have they added levels to it?
    I did a level where you fought on a beach then had to take down a castle...definitely dont remember it before! Lots of fun.
    I have figured out the key is lots of rolling!

I haven't played it since Launch, but I definitely remember those levels.

Spec Ops the line is on offer at the minute for 5.99 if you are on gold...bargain lots of fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Spec Ops the line is on offer at the minute for 5.99 if you are on gold...bargain lots of fun

Wouldn't use fun to describe that game unless you're a mentalist. Great game.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Wouldn't use fun to describe that game unless you're a mentalist. Great game.
    Fun is a good thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Fun is a good thing! :)

Yeah it was super fun dropping white phosphorus on all those innocent people and watching their skin burn off while walking through the level. :confused:

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yeah it was super fun dropping white phosphorus on all those innocent people and watching their skin burn off while walking through the level. :confused:
    In fairness I hadnt got that far lol
    It all went trippy and very dark....its an excellent game and managed to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Bought xbox live on cd keys. When i renew it says different region. Do i just wait for xbox love to lapse and renew then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Bought xbox live on cd keys. When i renew it says different region. Do i just wait for xbox love to lapse and renew then?

What region is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You can change the region on the xbox to where you currently have one, then it will work.

You can change the region on the xbox to where you currently have one, then it will work.

Nor sure which region im on now. New one just says eu region

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

yeah, happened to me last month on renewal, got EU key from cdkeys for subscription, ended up waiting until current Subscription expired.
    Xbox region settings were all local Ireland, but region seems to be tied somehow to their billing/subscription system.

SM

yeah, happened to me last month on renewal, got EU key from cdkeys for subscription, ended up waiting until current Subscription expired.
    Xbox region settings were all local Ireland, but region seems to be tied somehow to their billing/subscription system.

SM

Was u.s. moved it back to ireland and worked no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I got one, was 37.64 inc standard delivery, good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I got one, was 37.64 inc standard delivery, good deal

Just got it for the same. Clicked into the link just now and showed up at the lowet price. Odd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Nice one. Have been on the lookout for a new wireless controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

YDJXY-MYXDQ-W4DCF-VPGCK-RY3WZ

rocket league for xbox one (im pretty sure its for xbox one)

this was given to me last year but i got gamepass also so never needed it, forgot all about it.

not sure if keys go invalid after a certain time but first one to type it in gets it i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Redeemed and neither thanked nor quoted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Birneybau wrote: »
    Redeemed and neither thanked nor quoted

Bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Bots.

I think you gave it to me.
    But I got gamepass with my Xbox and it was on that haha
    So thanked and quoted
    XD

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some ok prices fo Xbox on X bundles on Amazon at the mo, particularly with the sterling being so good.

Few S bundles on offer too but don't look great value tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Trade Deal from Gamestop is back: €129.99

Tired of your old Xbox One? Trade it along with 3 select games and SAVE BIG on the #XboxOneX 1TB - Forza Bundle

Games list: https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

dan786 wrote: »
    Trade Deal from Gamestop is back: €129.99

Tired of your old Xbox One? Trade it along with 3 select games and SAVE BIG on the #XboxOneX 1TB - Forza Bundle

Games list: https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

So trade Xbox s and controller plus 3 games from list. Get Xbox X with Forza?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭djan

Can't seem to find it on the site could some please link me?

Also, would that be for a new console? Only have FIFA19 in a box so not sure if it would be worth it having to buy the games to trade in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

djan wrote: »
    Can't seem to find it on the site could some please link me?

Also, would that be for a new console? Only have FIFA19 in a box so not sure if it would be worth it having to buy the games to trade in?

https://www.facebook.com/273761945061/posts/10161983830450062/?substory_index=0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

deckie27 wrote: »
    So trade Xbox s and controller plus 3 games from list. Get Xbox X with Forza?

Yes, any Xbox One even the original fat ones. That and 3 games with 129.99

The One X will be brand new Forza bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Wouldn't have minded that offer but I only have Blackops 4 on the list!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement