Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

chris_ie wrote: »
    Wouldn't have minded that offer but I only have Blackops 4 on the list!

Check CeX for other games.

With the original offer there a few months ago (trade any xbox + 3 games and get a One X for €99) I picked up three games in CeX for around the €30 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Check CeX for other games.

With the original offer there a few months ago (trade any xbox + 3 games and get a One X for €99) I picked up three games in CeX for around the €30 mark.

Will have a look, cheers. There was an offer for €99 a while back? Or was that a typo?

Had a look and found a few cheap games but out of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I haven't seen the list but I availed off the €99 offer the last time, bought the applicable games from Argos for about €35.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I haven't seen the list but I availed off the €99 offer the last time, bought the applicable games from Argos for about €35.

Yeah I just need two games, Argos have them listed at total of €33 but show unavailable. Still looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah I just need two games, Argos have them listed at total of €33 but show unavailable. Still looking.

FYI, as long as it is on the trade list it will be accepted for this offer, even if it isn't an Xbox One game.

FYI, as long as it is on the trade list it will be accepted for this offer, even if it isn't an Xbox One game.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yeah, I traded in two of the same game, one was for the xbox and the other was for PlayStation.

Those of you on the X already, did you find much of performance boost in general over the original or S?

Those of you on the X already, did you find much of performance boost in general over the original or S?

Yeah. A good indicator is Bloodstained, there is a boss near the end that has a move that tanks the fps from its 60fps target. The One S goes sub 20fps during it while the X is still above 30.

• Advertisement

I traded in two Xboxes in their last promo, with a combination of games from Argos, Smyth's and CeX online. Cheapest game was €8, most expensive was €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I noticed a huge step backwards going from an X to an S when I tried to play Ghost Recon after 80 hours on the x. Reflections, draw distance, loading were all noticably worse on the S. It's not essential but its a really nice luxury

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

pcadhain wrote: »
    I noticed a huge step backwards going from an X to an S when I tried to play Ghost Recon after 80 hours on the x. Reflections, draw distance, loading were all noticably worse on the S. It's not essential but its a really nice luxury

I have both and when we boot 2 games up to play together its pretty frustrating waiting for the S. It's not something that's worth the price of a new console but with a good deal on trade it can be

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I have both and when we boot 2 games up to play together its pretty frustrating waiting for the S. It's not something that's worth the price of a new console but with a good deal on trade it can be

If it's load times you want to improve, an external SSD is your man. PUBG on a One X is still brutal with rendering in the map, something that the internal drive just isn't fast enough for.

I've also had an issue lately with some games. I simple example is Overcooked 2! Not exactly a demanding game at all but it gets laggy or choppy on local 2 player. Tried loads of things, removing and reinstalling etc and some of the settings tricks but nothing makes much difference. Dashboard can be laggy at times too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

x is a significant improvement over the s, but i agree with the comment about adding an ssd, makes a huge difference to loading times on the x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Went in to get my pre-order today I done with the deal, the warehouse never sent the shop the game. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Anyone that ordered the wireless controller from Amazon.de have you had a dispatch notification yet? I ordered mine August 21st, due for delivery from today and still waiting for it to dispatch.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Anyone that ordered the wireless controller from Amazon.de have you had a dispatch notification yet? I ordered mine August 21st, due for delivery from today and still waiting for it to dispatch.

Not surprised. I've found of late that Amazon only ship here on Sundays unless you pay for priority or have Prime.

Bought an Arctis 7 headset last week and it only shipped yesterday.

It shouldn't take long to arrive though once sent as it will dispatch from a UK warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I have Prime membership but can't remember if it was prime eligible or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

markc1184 wrote: »
    I have Prime membership but can't remember if it was prime eligible or not

UK prime does not work on other Amazon sites. Each one has its own membership.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

dan786 wrote: »
    Trade Deal from Gamestop is back: €129.99

Tired of your old Xbox One? Trade it along with 3 select games and SAVE BIG on the #XboxOneX 1TB - Forza Bundle

Games list: https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

That still going?
    Getting a new TV and be Xbox would be nifty..

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

It's still going until this Sunday (the 15th)

pcadhain wrote: »
    It's still going until this Sunday (the 15th)

Cool, best hurry up and grab it so..

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Cool, best hurry up and grab it so..

Cheeky question, but has anyone looked at the cheapest place to get the trade in games for GameStop offer?
    I've only got one in the list...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Cheeky question, but has anyone looked at the cheapest place to get the trade in games for GameStop offer?

Cex and Argos. I think you can use PS4 games too but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

you could try adverts and facebook market place

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Cex and Argos. I think you can use PS4 games too but could be wrong.

You can use any game on the list. The same game on different formats aren't counted as doubles either.

You can use any game on the list. The same game on different formats aren't counted as doubles either.

Best I can find such far is a few in Smyths for 25 each..:(

Edit, Hitman 2 in Argos and Subnautica in Smyths
    Total of 72 quid... For 3 games, takes a bit of a shine off the offer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Best I can find such far is a few in Smyths for 25 each..:(

Edit, Hitman 2 in Argos and Subnautica in Smyths
    Total of 72 quid... For 3 games, takes a bit of a shine off the offer..

Call of Duty Modern Warfare is €16 in Argos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement