Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare is €16 in Argos.

I had assumed that was the new one..
    But happy days if it's the old one

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

It's 100% the new one. Old one is Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. The list is just future proof to include a load of games listed that haven't come out yet but will soon: Fifa 20, WWE 2K20, Luigis mansion 3 etc. Pokemon Sword and Shield are also on the list and they aren't out until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

pcadhain wrote: »
    It's 100% the new one. Old one is Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. The list is just future proof to include a load of games listed that haven't come out yet but will soon: Fifa 20, WWE 2K20, Luigis mansion 3 etc. Pokemon Sword and Shield are also on the list and they aren't out until November.

Yeah they always have games on the list that won't be released until after it's refreshed again :pac:. They had Omega Labyrinth on the list for ages despite the game being banned and its release ultimately cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I had assumed that was the new one..
    But happy days if it's the old one

Sh1t sorry, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Picked the GameStop deal up yesterday. Traded in an OG 500GB. Had backed up the Xbox to an external HDD and wiped it in advance. Just a note to bring the HDMI cable for it as they do look for it on the trade-in.

Didn't have any of the games on the list so I traded in games to CEX and bought three 30 quid games with the trade-in value.
    Jurassic World PS4
    Lego DC Supervillians XB1
    Spyro PS4

I traded in Halo MCC / Halo 5 / Gears 4 / KOTOR2 (Have on PC) ; RDR2 and Metroid Samus Returns for 3DS. I have 3 years of GamePass so was happy to trade in Halo / GoW.

Also used up a One4All voucher I had in my wallet for nearly a year now that I won at work so brought the cost down to 80.

The X is a pretty noticeable improvement on 4k. I've been playing Gears 5 and the lighting alone makes a massive difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Cheeky question, but has anyone looked at the cheapest place to get the trade in games for GameStop offer?
    I've only got one in the list...

SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy for Nintendo switch Argos 20.99

Subnautica for Xbox 21.99 Argos.

Stock might be a problem though...

erkifino wrote: »
    SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy for Nintendo switch Argos 20.99

Subnautica for Xbox 21.99 Argos.

Stock might be a problem though...

Cheers, I grabbed Subnautica but the other one was our of stock. Had to grab DC Super Villans from Smyths for 25 quid

Got the deal today, upgraded from level 2 to level 3 GameStop + rewards and due to some other funky offer going on the trade cost me 67 quid!

Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is 247euro the best deal on an Xbox then with 2 controllers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Would be. Unless you want to wait till Black Friday, will be under 200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I've 2 codes available,

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month Membership for only £19.99 (instead of £32.99)
    Xbox Live 3 Month Gold Membership for only £10.99 (instead of £17.99)

would like a trade but willing to give away rather than waste them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

£190 from Shopto for the 1TB One S 2 controller pack with Fifa 20.

https://www.shopto.net/en/xb1hws27-xbox-one-s-1tb-two-controller-console-bundle-p171361/?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1569146024_3883e0f22b6f61278929bf918f263747

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So I got a random email with the following details:
    Hello dear valued customer,

We'd like to send you a 7% discount code (EM7QQ) to get the price bellow:

XBOX Live 5 EURO Gift Card @ 3.65 EURO

https://www.nokeys.com/xbox-5-euro-gift-card-eu.html

XBOX Live 3 Month Gold Membership Card @ 13.52 EURO

https://www.nokeys.com/xbox-3-month-gold-membership-card-global.html

I never joined this site but decided to check it out, ended up buying 4 €5 gift cards, I made sure that I had selected Europe as my region, even though there was the option to select UK.
    Anyway, the €5 cards are being sold at €3.93 while the €20 is €17.74 which is why I went with 4 of the €5, paid with PayPal, tried to do forgot password since I thought maybe I had at some point registered on the site but it came back saying my email didnt exist so I created an account.

Got the 4 codes about 5 minutes after paying, used them just there and they all worked fine, no issues at all.
    Thought I would share this in case anyone else wants to get some gift cards or even Xbox Live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

So I got a random email with the following details:

I never joined this site but decided to check it out, ended up buying 4 €5 gift cards, I made sure that I had selected Europe as my region, even though there was the option to select UK.
    Anyway, the €5 cards are being sold at €3.93 while the €20 is €17.74 which is why I went with 4 of the €5, paid with PayPal, tried to do forgot password since I thought maybe I had at some point registered on the site but it came back saying my email didnt exist so I created an account.

Got the 4 codes about 5 minutes after paying, used them just there and they all worked fine, no issues at all.
    Thought I would share this in case anyone else wants to get some gift cards or even Xbox Live

Nice one! I just went to buy the €5 ones but looks to be out of stock :(

amadablam wrote: »
    Nice one! I just went to buy the €5 ones but looks to be out of stock :(

Looks to be back in stock, I tried it there, it says in stock on the page and I got another 2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ordered myself an Xbox One S 1tb from Smyths with forza horizon 4(digital) and fifa 20 and gears 5(both physical) for 250 quid. Includes a month free gamepass and 14 days free Xbox live also. Solid deal. I added on 3 months gamepass ultimate for an extra 23 odd quid(40% discounted). Free delivery also. Not sure how much I’ll play fifa or gears, but sure I’ll give them a shot and if I don’t much like them I can get about 40 quid each for them in cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

manual_man wrote: »
    Ordered myself an Xbox One S 1tb from Smyths with forza horizon 4(digital) and fifa 20 and gears 5(both physical) for 250 quid. Includes a month free gamepass and 14 days free Xbox live also. Solid deal. I added on 3 months gamepass ultimate for an extra 23 odd quid(40% discounted). Free delivery also. Not sure how much I’ll play fifa or gears, but sure I’ll give them a shot and if I don’t much like them I can get about 40 quid each for them in cex.

Those games wIll drop fast and Gears is in gamepass so I recommend trading soon. Also look at the gamepass upgrade deal. Add upto 3yrs live and convert to 3yrs of
    gamepass ultimate for a euro. You should be able to pickup 3 yrs for about e120. It's a great deal. Sell your games and the 3 months to go towards it.

12 Months Xbox Live for €39.58 here https://www.nokeys.com/xbox-12-month-gold-membership-card-europe.html if its any help
    This seems to be the cheapest at the moment, CDKeys have it at €43.29 https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

sweetie wrote: »
    Those games wIll drop fast and Gears is in gamepass so I recommend trading soon. Also look at the gamepass upgrade deal. Add upto 3yrs live and convert to 3yrs of
    gamepass ultimate for a euro. You should be able to pickup 3 yrs for about e120. It's a great deal. Sell your games and the 3 months to go towards it.
    How do you get the upgrade deal?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

How do you get the upgrade deal?

The process is pretty simple:

Buy up to three years of Xbox Live from a place like CDkeys or such (check the bargain alerts thread for the cheapest).

Load those three years onto your account, one after the other.

Go to the Game Pass page here, and click "join". You only need one month of Ultimate to upgrade the three years of Live to Ultimate

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    The process is pretty simple:

Buy up to three years of Xbox Live from a place like CDkeys or such (check the bargain alerts thread for the cheapest).

Load those three years onto your account, one after the other.

Go to the Game Pass page here, and click "join". You only need one month of Ultimate to upgrade the three years of Live to Ultimate
    So I shouldn't even bother with the free month that I'll get in the box? Or the 3 month ultimate pass I bought with it? Sorry, this is all new to me. Had a look at the game pass list there. A lot of good stuff on it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So I shouldn't even bother with the free month that I'll get in the box? Or the 3 month ultimate pass I bought with it? Sorry, this is all new to me. Had a look at the game pass list there. A lot of good stuff on it

I don't think so, as it might get in the way of stacking the three years. There's a limit of three years (or three codes, I'm not sure), so the free month might mean that you can't add the third year.

Game Pass is amazing, you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/1-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one-360

1 euro for a month, would it be possible to buy multiples of this and use them or would it be 1 per user?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/1-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one-360

1 euro for a month, would it be possible to buy multiples of this and use them or would it be 1 per user?

New customers, you could keep creating new users on your Xbox but it's a bit messy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

sweetie wrote: »
    New customers, you could keep creating new users on your Xbox but it's a bit messy

Ill use it on my sons account :D

Dunno how I missed the "new customers" bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Does that six months of free spotify with Gamepass promotion work in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The young lad's gold expired today,he got a notification that there's 28% off on renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Can someone tell me if I am nuts or not?

The Darkness (360) was on Deals with gold about 2 weeks ago. It was going for 19.99 but I could have sworn I also saw it going for 2.49. Was it a mistake or i'm crazy? :pac:

I searched online and never could find out. Just always said it WAS on games with gold never the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

The Darkness (360) was on Deals with gold about 2 weeks ago. It was going for 19.99 but I could have sworn I also saw it going for 2.49. Was it a mistake or i'm crazy? :pac:

I searched online and never could find out. Just always said it WAS on games with gold never the price.

You are right, a lot of 360 games were down to that a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't know what price it was but it was a good game. I remember playing it years ago on my 360.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement