Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Apologies, not sure what I was doing putting a €179 controller into the bargain thread... Opps.

Happy for you to move.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

It's closer to a €150 controller to be fair.

Isn't it 180?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You've used the new controller then?

Bought it. Sold it after a half hour of use. I'm sure the new one is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

PostWoke wrote: »
    Isn't it 180?

I thought €170, could be wrong though.

€190 in gamestop so probably €180 elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

€190 in gamestop so probably €180 elsewhere.

Ain't that the truth, can these ****es go bankrupt already so we can get a few good deals?

Bet they think Pokemon can carry them through to next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

PostWoke wrote: »
    Ain't that the truth, can these ****es go bankrupt already so we can get a few good deals?

Bet they think Pokemon can carry them through to next year.

We'll get less deals in they go.. The amount of bargains i have got there dwarfs anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, buying three years of live from a place like CDkeys, loading them all up, and then upgrading to Ultimate for a euro is still the best deal going.

A friend just bought his first xbox and wants to join Live/Gamepass, what's the best way to do it these days? I availed of the recent offer advised on here and stacked my own but that's hardly available now I'd imagine.

If he signs up to Live for a year or two, can he upgrade that year or two to GP Ultimate for a quid still?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Liamalone wrote: »
    A friend just bought his first xbox and wants to join Live/Gamepass, what's the best way to do it these days? I availed of the recent offer advised on here and stacked my own but that's hardly available now I'd imagine.

If he signs up to Live for a year or two, can he upgrade that year or two to GP Ultimate for a quid still?

Not sure if it is still a quid, it probably is with XO2019 on, but converting to GPU adds all current subscription time between Gold and Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭beardo81

Hey all, quick question. Do you think there will be any hardware deals coming up, Black Friday type sales? My young lads birthday is in a week and hoping somewhere will do some early deals!

Is there any hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

beardo81 wrote:
    Hey all, quick question. Do you think there will be any hardware deals coming up, Black Friday type sales? My young lads birthday is in a week and hoping somewhere will do some early deals!

beardo81 wrote:
    Is there any hope?

Yeah there definitely will be, Microsoft store and amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah there definitely will be, Microsoft store and amazon.

The all digital console is going to be 150 notes, with 3 games, according to announcement made at XO 19 last night,

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Was u.s. moved it back to ireland and worked no problem

My Ultimate gamepass subscription is billed in sterling, but my xbox region is Ireland. I got a 3 month sub on cdkeys this morning but when I tried to redeem on website it gave me a region error.

If I just switch region on Xbox itself to the UK, will I be able to redeem then?

Thanks

Chieftain wrote: »
    My Ultimate gamepass subscription is billed in sterling, but my xbox region is Ireland. I got a 3 month sub on cdkeys this morning but when I tried to redeem on website it gave me a region error.

If I just switch region on Xbox itself to the UK, will I be able to redeem then?

Thanks

Yes, had to do that myself when Three were giving free 1 month GPU subs on 3Plus. Turned off auto renew first and I got a second free month for turning it back on.

Yes, had to do that myself when Three were giving free 1 month GPU subs on 3Plus. Turned off auto renew first and I got a second free month for turning it back on.

Ah perfect, i'll do that when I get home. Can I just add this 3 months onto my existing subscription (should have mentioned that I bought the 3 months in sterling on cdkeys so presume its a UK one), or should I switch off auto renew and then just put in the code when the current month finishes.

Thanks

Chieftain wrote: »
    Ah perfect, i'll do that when I get home. Can I just add this 3 months onto my existing subscription (should have mentioned that I bought the 3 months in sterling on cdkeys so presume its a UK one), or should I switch off auto renew and then just put in the code when the current month finishes.

Thanks

Switch off auto renew, then input code. You don't need to wait.

Switch off auto renew, then input code. You don't need to wait.

Nice one, thanks for your help. Was 17.99 sterling for the 3 months so decent value

The all digital console is going to be 150 notes, with 3 games, according to announcement made at XO 19 last night,

I wonder when the price drop will kick in... The kiddos birthday is this coming Thursday and I've a feeling it won't be before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

beardo81 wrote: »
    I wonder when the price drop will kick in... The kiddos birthday is this coming Thursday and I've a feeling it won't be before then!

Probably not until the 25th I think but I could be wrong, might need to get a gift card for the moment

Harvey Norman have their Black Friday sale but couldnt find the Digital Xbox on it, did find this if its any help https://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/xbox-one/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Harvey Norman have their Black Friday sale but couldnt find the Digital Xbox on it, did find this if its any help https://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/xbox-one/

Here you go; https://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/xbox-one/xbox-one-bundles/xbox-one-s-1tb.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

anyone any idea if there will be a trad-in upgrade offer to the one X again? wouldn't mind upgrading my day one to the X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Current and new Game Pass Ultimate members can get one free month of EA Access, three free months of Discord Nitro and six free months of Spotify Premium.

I had to change my region to the UK on my Xbox, put in a Revolut card as payment method (with AddressPal postcode for my address) and it came up on my Home page to collect my gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

beardo81 wrote: »

I'd go with a disc version, Xbox games will be very cheap in CEX etc especially with the new gen coming next year.

sweetie wrote: »
    I'd go with a disc version, Xbox games will be very cheap in CEX etc especially with the new gen coming next year.

That's what I'm thinking too, digital is cheaper but really want the disc version for him for the preowned game selection.

Crossing fingers price will drop online by Wednesday and Harvey Norman will price match maybe.... 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Current and new Game Pass Ultimate members can get one free month of EA Access, three free months of Discord Nitro and six free months of Spotify Premium.

I had to change my region to the UK on my Xbox, put in a Revolut card as payment method (with AddressPal postcode for my address) and it came up on my Home page to collect my gifts.

Weirdly when I plugged in and updated my XBOX One S I got these offers, didn't bother to click on them as I'm selling it and just wanted to update and reset thinking I'd get them later on my One X. Nothing on the One X! Do I have to go and unpack the nicely boxed One S...?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Any way to do this on a pc? don't have an xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Weirdly when I plugged in and updated my XBOX One S I got these offers, didn't bother to click on them as I'm selling it and just wanted to update and reset thinking I'd get them later on my One X. Nothing on the One X! Do I have to go and unpack the nicely boxed One S...?

Literally said what you have to do in my post...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is Mass Effect Andromeda worth it for €10?

Microsoft have the recruit edition in their store.

Loved the original trilogy (know that this got a lot of stick).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is Mass Effect Andromeda worth it for €10?

Microsoft have the recruit edition in their store.

Loved the original trilogy (know that this got a lot of stick).

Yeh for a tenner it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone able to recommend a bargain for a decent gaming headset that won't break the bank?

Don't know much about them/have never used them but find I'm really struggling without them in line of CoD (the fact I'm terrible doesn't help).

Bluetooth is a preferred option just for neatness.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,020 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone able to recommend a bargain for a decent gaming headset that won't break the bank?

Don't know much about them/have never used them but find I'm really struggling without them in line of CoD (the fact I'm terrible doesn't help).

Bluetooth is a preferred option just for neatness.

Thanks in advance!

Have a look on Argos scanner. Good few reduced there this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement