Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Talisman

It is,I stacked it with 2 years Gold and it cost me €12.99. Even so,we now have 2 years Game pass Ultimate for less than €100.

The first time I signed up,I did it arseways and should have stacked the Gold subscription before getting the €1 Game pass offer but did it the other way around.
    Is there a limit on how many years of Xbox Live Gold you can stack?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Talisman wrote: »
    Is there a limit on how many years of Xbox Live Gold you can stack?

upto 3 yrs from today so if you have 3 months remaining you could only buy two 1 year subs and three 3 month subs

sweetie wrote: »
    upto 3 yrs from today so if you have 3 months remaining you could only buy two 1 year subs and three 3 month subs
    Thanks.

Do you know if it also applies to the Game Pass? Our Live subscription expired a few months ago but I think the Game Pass is paid up until August 2020 (9 months).

In this case could two 1 year subs for Live and a 3 month sub translate to a ~3 year sub for Ultimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dubliniift

It is,I stacked it with 2 years Gold and it cost me €12.99. Even so,we now have 2 years Game pass Ultimate for less than €100.

The first time I signed up,I did it arseways and should have stacked the Gold subscription before getting the €1 Game pass offer but did it the other way around.

Didnt get it..how does this pass work. Please guide. Thanks in anticipation

dubliniift wrote: »
    Didnt get it..how does this pass work. Please guide. Thanks in anticipation
    Xbox Game Pass is a library of games which you can download and play so long as you have a subscription to the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thanks.

Do you know if it also applies to the Game Pass? Our Live subscription expired a few months ago but I think the Game Pass is paid up until August 2020 (9 months).

In this case could two 1 year subs for Live and a 3 month sub translate to a ~3 year sub for Ultimate?

Yeah. I would just buy the 2 years of Gold though as you will get a free month of Gold for turning on auto renewal.

If you immediately turn off auto renewal and then convert to Ultimate you will be offered another free month for turning auto renewal back on.

That should leave you with the full 3 years of Ultimate.

Yeah. I would just buy the 2 years of Gold though as you will get a free month of Gold for turning on auto renewal.
    I did that and got a Live subscription until January 2022.
    If you immediately turn off auto renewal and then convert to Ultimate you will be offered another free month for turning auto renewal back on.

It didn't give me the option of turning the auto renew on, it did it automatically and it also appears to have added the extra month to the subscription.

Game Pass Ultimate subscription is vow valid until November 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Can someone tell me the best/cheapest way of setting this up if starting as new user? Thanks

Xbox Game Pass is a library of games which you can download and play so long as you have a subscription to the service.

Thanks a lot..how much it cost and any deals on this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Xbox One X with no games is €289 in GameStop.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/66019/xbox-one-x-1tb-console

GameStop give €100 trade on a 500gb S, or CEX currently give €138 cash if anyone wants to trade up.

Do you still have to leave an account on the Xbox if you one trade one for them to test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Do you still have to leave an account on the Xbox if you one trade one for them to test?

I'd say so. I'd trade it in CEX if available for the extra €38.

zefer wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the best/cheapest way of setting this up if starting as new user? Thanks
    You can currently purchase 12 months of Xbox Live Gold for ~€45 on cdkeys.com. That's a saving of €15 compared to purchasing in-store or directly from Microsoft. If you enable auto renew when you use the activation key you will be awarded an additional month so you get 13 months subscription. Be sure to disable the auto renew immediately afterwards.

Using this method you can get 26 months of Xbox Live for €90. Then you can avail of the upgrade offer to get Game Pass Ultimate for €1 for 3 months. It should also offer you an extra month if you enable autorenew, in which case you will have 30 months of Game Pass Ultimate for €91.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I traded in a factory reset console earlier this year without any problem.

Thanks a lot..how much it cost and any deals on this.
    The Game Pass subscription price is €9.99 a month but the best deal is to ugrade the Xbox Live Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate as I outlined in my previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anybody know what's the best price for download version of FIFA 20 for Xbox One please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

dinneenp wrote: »
    Anybody know what's the best price for download version of FIFA 20 for Xbox One please?

€60 for ultimate edition on Microsoft site at the moment

Why an Xbox X over Ps4 Pro.

Please share why - TIA

Also, Xbox X at 289 or XBOX Bundle with Forza 4 & 7 at 329? Which makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Why an Xbox X over Ps4 Pro.

Please share why - TIA

Also, Xbox X at 289 or XBOX Bundle with Forza 4 & 7 at 329? Which makes sense

I'd never pick an Xbox over a PS4. I'd pick an X over an S and a Pro over a Slim but if you've neither get a PS4.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'd never pick an Xbox over a PS4. I'd pick an X over an S and a Pro over a Slim but if you've neither get a PS4.

Reason will be? I in a haste picked xbox x from GameStop. Confused if I should get a PS4 Pro instead. Owner PS3 in past. Hope they will swap as its unopened/

rarely play games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Reason will be? I in a haste picked xbox x from GameStop. Confused if I should get a PS4 Pro instead. Owner PS3 in past.

rarely play games.

PS4 has so many better games. Better exclusives. I'd recommend the Playstation.

Reason will be? I in a haste picked xbox x from GameStop. Confused if I should get a PS4 Pro instead. Owner PS3 in past. Hope they will swap as its unopened/

rarely play games.

I prefer Xbox, hardly ever use my PS4. My reasons:

- Have a bunch of people I game with on Xbox
    - Prefer the Xbox controller
    - My PS4 won't even connect to 5ghz WiFi (although I believe newer models do)
    - I have a kinect I use for Skyping
    - Currently using Xbox game streaming
    - Can use IPTV on Xbox
    - Gamepass

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

The exclusives always seems to be the one plus for PS. If you barely play games, stick with the Xbox and get the gamespass. Always something there, never buy a game again.

And just to keep this thread kind of on topic...

GBP 16.85 for EA Access for a year
    https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld37378-ea-access-12-month-subscription-p180020/?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1574934843_1689928a27726b68e6eb71578e9a6739

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

erkifino wrote: »
    The exclusives always seems to be the one plus for PS. If you barely play games, stick with the Xbox and get the gamespass. Always something there, never buy a game again.

If you want the best exclusives and family friendly games get a Switch.
    If you want good exclusives geared to an older audience then get the PS4 (probably only 2 from this gen that were must buys for me - Bloodbourne & God Of War, and then Horizon Zero Dawn a good solid option but nothing more. Didn't play Spiderman and Days Gone was a bit of a let down when I played it recently after borrowing my brothers PS4).
    If you want the best value gaming experience get the One S and Game Pass.
    If you want good value and best looking console experience then get the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

dinneenp wrote: »

https://www.amazon.fr/Dual-Shock-FIFA-voucher-Jours/dp/B07Y9B1MS4

fifa+controller+14day ps plus 65e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

johnf26 wrote: »

Cheers, but that's PS

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

johnf26 wrote: »

Not much use considering he wants an Xbox version :P

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you want the best exclusives and family friendly games get a Switch.
    If you want good exclusives geared to an older audience then get the PS4 (probably only 2 from this gen that were must buys for me - Bloodbourne & God Of War, and then Horizon Zero Dawn a good solid option but nothing more. Didn't play Spiderman and Days Gone was a bit of a let down when I played it recently after borrowing my brothers PS4).
    If you want the best value gaming experience get the One S and Game Pass.
    If you want good value and best looking console experience then get the X.

Game pass gives access to entire library of games?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Game pass gives access to entire library of games?

All these: https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-game-pass/games

And new games get added regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Basil3 wrote: »
    I prefer Xbox, hardly ever use my PS4. My reasons:

- Have a bunch of people I game with on Xbox
    - Prefer the Xbox controller
    - My PS4 won't even connect to 5ghz WiFi (although I believe newer models do)
    - I have a kinect I use for Skyping
    - Currently using Xbox game streaming
    - Can use IPTV on Xbox
    - Gamepass

This! i have both. Once i finished Horizon and God of War the playstation hasnt even been turned on in a long time. Xbox is way better. Gamepass is also brilliant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement