Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Guy at work getting the exact same result when I told him about the offer.
    Anyone know any more ?
    Trying to redeem it on xbox live online

Im assuming they are US region codes? (if there even is such a thing?)

try setting your console region to US and go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cd keys probably bought the codes off deals daily and tried to pass them off as their own. Snakes

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I just bought Black Flag from Game deal daily and redeemed it fine. Location set to Ireland :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cd keys probably bought the codes off deals daily and tried to pass them off as their own. Snakes

I Bought the code off games daily though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

km79 wrote: »
    just purchased black flag and its says code has already been used !?

Reset your console location to Ireland and then try redeem it, its very strange as loads of us have bought from there and had no issues, I have even seen it mentioned on neogaf and have seen no issues there either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

km79 wrote: »
    just purchased black flag and its says code has already been used !?

I think someone on reddit said the same happened to them, they contacted the seller and they apologised and gave them a new code which then worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Metro Redux bundle is this weeks Deals with Gold title priced at €26.46, a great deal for 2 games.

I just bought it for €17.48, here's how. Only takes about 10 mins.

Purchase a $150 Hong Kong dollar Xbox prepaid card from the Play Asia website
    Make sure you provide your mobile number with the correct international format +353 and remove first 0 so an 086 number should start with +35386, this is to verify your purchase.
    Within in a few minutes you'll recieve code via email.

Go to Xbox.com and login.

Select redeem code in your account dropdown menu and use the 25 digit code.

Next, go to search and enter Metro redux bundle. Select it to load up the product page that shows the price. Now scroll down to the bottom left hand corner of the website to change its location to Hong Kong(English) the page will reload with the price set to $131 HK dollars and purchase it.

That's it done. You can also redeem + purchase the game direct from the XB1 as long as your region is set to Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Metro Redux bundle is this weeks Deals with Gold title priced at €26.46, a great deal for 2 games.

I just bought it for €17.48, here's how. Only takes about 10 mins.

Purchase a $150 Hong Kong dollar Xbox prepaid card from the Play Asia website
    Make sure you provide your mobile number with the correct international format +353 and remove first 0 so an 086 number should start with +35386, this is to verify your purchase.

Go to Xbox.com and login.

Select redeem code in your account dropdown menu and use the 25 digit code.

Next, go to search and enter Metro redux bundle. Select it to load up the product page that shows the price. Now scroll down to the bottom left hand corner of the website to change its location to Hong Kong(English) the page will reload with the price set to $131 HK dollars and purchase it.

That's it done. You can also redeem + purchase the game direct from the XB1 as long as your region is set to Hong Kong.

I thought the stores were region locked now I have to use Hola on the US store. Did you not use a VPN after?

36.54 for the standard edition and 48.72 for the deluxe edition.

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

tony1980 wrote: »
    36.54 for the standard edition and 48.72 for the deluxe edition.

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

Is that from the Hong Kong store ? Sorry the website won't load up on my phone.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah the Hong Kong store or else in HK$ it's $351 for Standard and $468 for Deluxe.

Cool thank . Really need to pick up an external my Xbox is bursting at the seems.

Scores well on metacritic and I have heard they are great games, this is the bundle, so it is two games for that price :pac:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/metro-redux

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Trilla wrote: »
    Love the savings here, i'm a n00b to the xbox live change your region tricks so scared to try it! Is it a good game? I think I've enough with the two Assassin Creed games, Halo and Titanfall to last me a while :)

I take it you can switch your region back and all will be a-ok?

My console has been on a world tour for months now :D

There are no tricks to switching region on the XB1, its a feature built right into the OS. Switching is easy and only takes a few seconds to restart your console after selecting a region.

I have not played the game yet although I marked it as one to pick up when it went on sale because reviews and impressions were really good. Whats great about Deals with Gold is that they show you the discount in percentages and then apply them to most regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I have not played the game yet although I marked it as one to pick up when it went on sale because reviews and impressions were really good. Whats great about Deals with Gold is that they show you the discount in percentages and then apply them to most regions.

Great! Look forward to it now

Cool, how long where you waiting for the email (with the code) after you purchased and verified your phone number? I'm waiting 15 minutes now

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Ahhh are you kidding me, the second I buy it a cheaper option appears :( wen't with the argos 29 version,m at leas is a physical copy I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Where is this coming from? It's not as if there was any indication such a thing would happen so CHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL amigo :cool:

Sorry. Was channeling a bit of angry frank there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not sure if it was mentioned the TB XO Fours are down to 64.99 in argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1389407.htm

Decent for that kind of money

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jaysus, don't you have some rule for this thread where you actually post bargains in here and not just chat about region swaping and fake address usage?
    Everytime I come over here to check the bump I get disappointed as it's same **** and no bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Jaysus, don't you have some rule for this thread where you actually post bargains in here and not just chat about region swaping and fake address usage?
    Everytime I come over here to check the bump I get disappointed as it's same **** and no bargains.

Changing regions makes everything a bargain in comparison to what we spend over here.

MOD:We also have a rule against back seat modding, and derailing threads, which is what you are doing by not choosing to simply report the post so the mods can clean up and move the posts around to the appropriate threads.

@Other mods I'll that do now,

@All others please keep discussion of the regional marketplaces within rules and in the regional thread.
    Edit: Oh looks like we locked that one a while back ...... bear with me while we huddle and see where these posts go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Jaysus man, give it a rest. You are borderline trolling now on here and the other xbox one forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jaysus man, give it a rest. You are borderline trolling now on here and the other xbox one forum.

Not 5 minutes after I warn him and you go and post that ???? You clearly missed the part about reporting posts you had issue with.

And @ Gatt not helpful either.

Thread temp locked for clean up. Bear with me.

OK thread re-opened: Going forward please only post about actual bargains and not saving from regional market places please, a mod note has been added to post #1 and thread title altered to reflect this.

If you have issues with posts please report them instead of escalating things on thread, at least 3 of you are on thin ice but have been spared infractions and worse for now but further posts in this vein will not be tolerated, 1st and final warning lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has bought games from <snip> ( will not let me post link ) 35e per digital download for all new releases. Have mailed the seller, its a profile you get from him, not a D.L.C then you can download the games to the profile he gives you, and then transfer them to your own profile.

Is this legit?!!

MOD EDIT: I removed that link, as it's not legit or a Bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

trixiebust wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has bought games from <Snip> ( will not let me post link ) 35e per digital download for all new releases. Have mailed the seller, its a profile you get from him, not a D.L.C then you can download the games to the profile he gives you, and then transfer them to your own profile.

Is this legit?!!

Well I tell you I wouldn't be handing over my money anyway. First of all, they can recover their profile they give you at any time. Secondly, you can't "transfer" the games, they would just be playable on your own profile as long as the facebook guys profile was active on your Xbox.

If you want a site that is proper legit that boardsies have used, then currently you can get Assassins Creed Unity for €24.50 and Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag for €9 from here: http://gamedealdaily.com/xbox-one/xbox-one-downloads/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thanks, thought it might be too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Managed to reserve the last Sunset Overdrive Bundle in Argos for 380 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Well I tell you I wouldn't be handing over my money anyway. First of all, they can recover their profile they give you at any time. Secondly, you can't "transfer" the games, they would just be playable on your own profile as long as the facebook guys profile was active on your Xbox.

If you want a site that is proper legit that boardsies have used, then currently you can get Assassins Creed Unity for €24.50 and Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag for €9 from here: http://gamedealdaily.com/xbox-one/xbox-one-downloads/

Wrong.

If you set the account as my home xbox you can play the game without the account it is tied to being on the xbox.

I've done it plenty of times using a website called gk4.me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Wrong.

If you set the account as my home xbox you can play the game without the account it is tied to being on the xbox.

I've done it plenty of times using a website called gk4.me

but you haven't transferred the games to your account you are just granting "resting in your account" :D
    your xbox the right to play.

there is nothing stopping gk4.me from recovering the account and telling Microsoft you hacked it.

in my opinion i wouldn't be using that particular method just seems to risky to me i would rather pay the little bit extra for the download code

• Advertisement

MOD Guys I removed that facebook link from the thread , no way that is legit.

I was strangely compelled to buy a copy of Wolfenstein from them though :o

Back on topic please guys, thread is for bargain alerts anything else take it to the general discussion thread. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement