Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Liamalone wrote: »
    No, on the console.

I bought two years Brazil xbox live on cdkeys, activated vpn to Brazil on laptop, redeemed codes via xbox.com and then availed of the Gamepass 3 months for a quid deal via the actual console itself after confirming the codes went through alright.

Ah so the upgrade your gold to Ultimate is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Ah so the upgrade your gold to Ultimate is gone?

Not too sure what you mean tbh.

Two seperate actions here, one is getting Gold membership on laptop, then after that is done n dusted use console to upgrade to GamePass Ultimate.

Might be available via xbox website also, unsure about that.

Edit : are you no longer seeing the option to upgrade to GPU?

Liamalone wrote: »
    Not too sure what you mean tbh.

Two seperate actions here, one is getting Gold membership on laptop, then after that is done n dusted use console to upgrade to GamePass Ultimate.

Might be available via xbox website also, unsure about that.

Edit : are you no longer seeing the option to upgrade to GPU?

I got it. Doesn't expire till March 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Shopto are selling the One S for £140 atm.

https://www.shopto.net/en/xb1hws43-xbox-one-s-1tb-console-p191480/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Too late for Xmas but Amazon Italy have the digital console 1tb with 3 games and 1 month Gold for €129.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Too late for Xmas but Amazon Italy have the digital console 1tb with 3 games and 1 month Gold for €129.99

Only seeing at 199 - got a link?

sugarman wrote: »

It's €149.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Control is still €29.99 in smyths at the moment! Labels are showing €54 but staff just said they haven't been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dubliniift

Xbox One X down to 299 on MS Site. 269 on Amazon.fr - Forza 4 & Lego Bundle

I got One s with 2 controller bundle at 169e. Only a week ago - Unopened from MS Germany. Return/Sell to CES X and get One X > Extra 130e??

• Advertisement

dubliniift wrote: »
    Xbox One X down to 299 on MS Site. 269 on Amazon.fr - Forza 4 & Lego Bundle

I got One s with 2 controller bundle at 169e. Only a week ago - Unopened from MS Germany. Return/Sell to CES X and get One X > Extra 130e??

€299 on Moore St with Jedi Order too for the One X.

€299 on Moore St with Jedi Order too for the One X.

which shop

which shop

The phone shop on the corner on the left as you head towards the Ilac from Henry St.

Can I return? 130-140 for Xbox One X? Make sense. casual Occasional gamer with a Smasung 7400 4K tv

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Can I return? 130-140 for Xbox One X? Make sense. casual Occasional gamer with a Smasung 7400 4K tv

I really REALLY think you are over thinking this whole thing. Lord of the Rings was a quicker quest than your xbox story. Almost a month now, the new xbox will be out by the time you've decided.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I really REALLY think you are over thinking this whole thing. Lord of the Rings was a quicker quest than your xbox story. Almost a month now, the new xbox will be out by the time you've decided.

This is second X Box for myself.

First one was for kids at Sis place. Gift. Agree though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

Treppen wrote: »

What is diff between Game Pass Ultimate vs gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Ultimate includes Gold and Gamepass membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

I think there's some thing about getting Gold for €1 and then upgrading to Gamepass Ultimate for cheap. Check back along... Good deal if you can swing it.
    I just got the ultimate for a present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Treppen wrote: »
    I think there's some thing about getting Gold for €1 and then upgrading to Gamepass Ultimate for cheap. Check back along... Good deal if you can swing it.
    I just got the ultimate for a present.

Yeah just to confirm this still works, if you never had games pass before but still have Gold subscription, when you subscribe to game pass ultimate (currently 1 euro for 3 months trial) it upgrades all your remaining gold subscription to Game pass ultimate.

Did just that this morning, (had bought a couple of years of Brazilian gold from cd keys before Christmas, also as a result of a tip from this forum). Now have Ultimate Game pass until December 2022. Son is delighted.

Have a code for free month game pass if anyone wants it. (only any good if you have never had game pass before)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just wondering can you purchase games on the MS US store for installation on Xbox in Ireland? If so what's the procedure?

Have a little person who has money burning a hole in their pocket. They wish to purchase the LEGO Harry Potter collection, it's €25 in Smyths, €20 on the MS IE store and $13 (~€12) on the MS US store.

Talisman wrote: »
    Just wondering can you purchase games on the MS US store for installation on Xbox in Ireland? If so what's the procedure?

Have a little person who has money burning a hole in their pocket. They wish to purchase the LEGO Harry Potter collection, it's €25 in Smyths, €20 on the MS IE store and $13 (~€12) on the MS US store.

You can, but you need to switch region on your console and use prepay vouchers. There is another step you will need to look up as it can't be mentioned here due to forum rules.

Tbh, you'll probably end up needing to pay €20 in US credit to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Talisman wrote: »

Yes you can
    Just change region. Login on your pc using vpn. Buy the game using revolut.

Enjoy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

in2dark wrote: »
    Yes you can
    Just change region. Login on your pc using vpn. Buy the game using revolut.

Enjoy :-)

That won't work. You need to buy a US xbox gift code.

That won't work. You need to buy a US xbox gift code.

Yeah, it won't let you load out of account region currency cards on PC and Revolut doesn't work either any more afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Yeah, it won't let you load out of account region currency cards on PC and Revolut doesn't work either any more afaik.

I did buy last year the nba2k from the us account by just doing what i said.
    Paid with either revolut or paypal. Cant remember.
    What i remember is how low the price was :-)

Fone Xpert on Moore St are now selling the Xbox One X with Jedi Fallen Order for €269. Absolute bargain for whoever buys it.

Fone Xpert on Moore St are now selling the Xbox One X with Jedi Fallen Order for €269. Absolute bargain for whoever buys it.

I'm gonna go with Smyths. Least I trust them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'm gonna go with Smyths. Least I trust them.

How much is the price difference? All my Xbox warranty dealings have been directly with MS so I'd be going for the cheapest once I can be sure it's an EU console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement