Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yup. CDKeys is totally legit as well, you can buy in confidence there. Just make sure that you're buying the right region, it won't matter for games, but it might matter for Xbox Live/Gamepass (I'll admit that I don't actually know, but it's something to keep in mind).

Ya I tried em before but had Xbox 360 registered originally with UK… that kind of messes things up with regions (even though my new Xbox is registered in Ireland) . Anyhow they refunded my money straight away so their customer service is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

6 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Xbox One / PC BRAZIL for € 25.99 on cdkeys. Can you just switch to Brazil on console & redeem? Or use a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lamposts wrote: »
    6 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Xbox One / PC BRAZIL for € 25.99 on cdkeys. Can you just switch to Brazil on console & redeem? Or use a VPN?

You need to use a vpn. If you already have an active sub in another region it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just ordered xbox one x for kids :D while this virus pandemic is going on, is it worth getting game pass and xbox live not very clued up to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just ordered xbox one x for kids :D while this virus pandemic is going on, is it worth getting game pass and xbox live not very clued up to this.

Game Pass is brilliant, I have Game Pass Ultimate myself meaning you have Game Pass for PC too. New games are added to the service each month and you get 4 games to keep each month with Live Gold. When your console arrives it should have a code for a free month of Game Pass.

All details can be found here about Games;

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-game-pass

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Game Pass is brilliant, I have Game Pass Ultimate myself meaning you have Game Pass for PC too. New games are added to the service each month and you get 4 games to keep each month with Live Gold. When your console arrives it should have a code for a free month of Game Pass.

All details can be found here about Games;

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-game-pass

Nice one, so xbox live allows you to play people online?

Nice one, so xbox live allows you to play people online?

Yes. I would advise stacking a couple of years of Xbox Live Gold and then availing of the 3 month Game Pass Ultimate for €1 offer.

For the maximum subscription length I would advise getting 2 x 12 month gold subs and 1 x 6 month sub before subbing to GPU, this should give you 35 months when you include the free month for turning on Autorenew(immediately turn it off and you'll be offered another free month upon adding the next sub).

Yes. I would advise stacking a couple of years of Xbox Live Gold and then availing of the 3 month Game Pass Ultimate for €1 offer.

For the maximum subscription length I would advise getting 2 x 12 month gold subs and 1 x 6 month sub before subbing to GPU, this should give you 35 months when you include the free month for turning on Autorenew(immediately turn it off and you'll be offered another free month upon adding the next sub).

:eek: I'll try and work that out, i'd say the kids will know what you mean better than me, thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

He means buy 2 of these: https://www.gamivo.com/product/xbox-live-gold-12-month-brazil?npr=1&adm=1&currency=eur&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmdzzBRC7ARIsANdqRRnQo-h5v-HRorkuiSbkLogyBYPowhM5uXoR7rDBewykW9WXO3hNglEaAmA0EALw_wcB(also never used this site so don't know much about them but cheapest I could find quickly)

And then once both codes above are entered on Xbox. Buy the xbox ultimate offer for €1. So at the end you will have over 2 years Xbox live Ultimate. So you will have all the games on game pass and you will also be able to play online also.

edit: Also you may think it's mad buying two 12 month xbox live codes but it is actually cheaper in the long run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not sure they explained why you should do this in full, but this is the best deal in gaming.

Microsoft has two subscriptions, Xbox Live Gold and GamePass. GamePass Ultimate is the two combined. Xbox Live Gold allows you to play online, and includes 4 free games per month. GamePass offers access to literally hundreds of games, including the latest releases from Microsoft owned studios.

A year of Live is around €40, while a year of GamePass is around €10 a month. The GamePass Ultimate "3 months for €1" offer upgrades any months of Live left on your account into GamePass Ultimate, so if you bought two years of Live Gold, then buy the upgrade offer, you end up with 27 months of GamePass Ultimate for around €80. It's an incredible deal.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not sure they explained why you should do this in full, but this is the best deal in gaming.

Microsoft has two subscriptions, Xbox Live Gold and GamePass. GamePass Ultimate is the two combined. Xbox Live Gold allows you to play online, and includes 4 free games per month. GamePass offers access to literally hundreds of games, including the latest releases from Microsoft owned studios.

A year of Live is around €40, while a year of GamePass is around €10 a month. The GamePass Ultimate "3 months for €1" offer upgrades any months of Live left on your account into GamePass Ultimate, so if you bought two years of Live Gold, then buy the upgrade offer, you end up with 27 months of GamePass Ultimate for around €80. It's an incredible deal.
    Nice one, xbox live is showing as €49.99 on cdkeys anyone know of cheaper and reliable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nice one, xbox live is showing as €49.99 on cdkeys anyone know of cheaper and reliable

Haven't looked around for a while, but I'd say that there's a run on these cards now. There's an awful lot of people that have "decided" to have a lot of quiet nights in. The price might go down when they get more in, but when that is, and where they source them from, is up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Glebee

Think so, my ultimate is up today as well. Might leave it for a while to renew, not really using it at the moment.

xbox ultimate offer for €1 not showing up for me when I try to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Glebee wrote: »
    xbox ultimate offer for €1 not showing up for me when I try to upgrade.

The €1 offer was a one time offer per account.

You can still stack Live and then convert to Game Pass but it'll be €14.99 I think.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The €1 offer was a one time offer per account.

You can still stack Live and then convert to Game Pass but it'll be €14.99 I think.

I wonder if I gought the 1 month ultimate card on CDkeys would my Live upgrade?

I wonder if I gought the 1 month ultimate card on CDkeys would my Live upgrade?

Pretty sure that is also for accounts that haven't previously has Ultimate, the 3 month one for €23 should work.

Can confirm that if you have availed of the 1euro Ultimate offer previously you can upgrade your Live with a months subscription of Ultimate for 7.99euro and it changes all your remaining Live time to Ultimate. So it was 47.99euro for me for a 13 months of Ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

so you bought say 12 months live then upgraded for 7.99 to get the 13 Months?

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    so you bought say 12 months live then upgraded for 7.99 to get the 13 Months?

Yes, done it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Does your ultimate need to have expired?

maximoose wrote: »

Yes, you need to have no ultimate. Otherwise it just pro ratas whatever Gold or Gamepass you put onto your account.

maximoose wrote: »

I think so, mine expired on Sunday so I had no Xbox Live/Ultimate and had previously used the 1euro offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've another 9 months left just being greedy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Hi all, i just bought a brand new xbox and it comes with 1 month live gold and 1 month game pass.

Should I use this first or buy 24 months live gold and convert to Ultimate first?

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Canonfan wrote: »
    Hi all, i just bought a brand new xbox and it comes with 1 month live gold and 1 month game pass.

Should I use this first or buy 24 months live gold and convert to Ultimate first?

Thank you in advance.

I just got it out of the way and done 2 years, donated my 1 months.

Canonfan wrote: »

Thank you in advance.

If it is standard Game Pass use it, it will give you an additional 2 months of GPU after converting by turning on auto renewal. The 1 month of Gold should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I think so, mine expired on Sunday so I had no Xbox Live/Ultimate and had previously used the 1euro offer.

I availed of the €1 for three months offer of game pass ultimate. It's up next week, so glad to hear the above

• Advertisement

So xbox arrived today and in the process of setting up. Going to buy 2 years of live gold and add, once i have that done where does it give me the option to upgrade to ultimate and do i need to set to uk region or Ireland ok or make any difference.
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement