Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Season pass included too, nice.

Those Herk missions are actually a bit more substantial then the usual rubbish you get free with limited editions and pre-order bonuses.

calex71 wrote: »
    Season pass included too, nice.

Those Herk missions are actually a bit more substantial then the usual rubbish you get free with limited editions and pre-order bonuses.

Sorry I don't think it comes with season pass. I just took that picture from google. It says uplay shop exclusive. this would be the correct graphic for the amazon edition I'd imagine. Still pure bargain!

91O7UjHA9dL._SL1500_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

dunworth1 wrote: »
    but you haven't transferred the games to your account you are just granting "resting in your account" :D
    your xbox the right to play.

there is nothing stopping gk4.me from recovering the account and telling Microsoft you hacked it.

in my opinion i wouldn't be using that particular method just seems to risky to me i would rather pay the little bit extra for the download code

What are you talking about?

Each game has a game license and an xbox license.

The account Gk4.me gives you allows you to my home xbox it. This means that the XBOX licence for this account is transferred to your xbox, allowing the game to be played on your account without even having the original account from which it came on your xbox WHATSOEVER.

The game can still be played on the actual account from which it came, as it still has it's seperate GAME licence.

The 5 games I've bought from gk4.me all came on seperate accounts. None of these accounts are on my xbox anymore, as they do not need to be.

I also chuckled at GK4.me going to microsoft and saying it was hacked. That's an awful straw-man argument considering the website retains all your purchase information in the ''My Purchases'' tab whereby all account details can be found.

Seems like you're speaking about something you've no knowledge on, and that's a rather silly thing to do considering you're giving terrible and ill-informed advice.

TLDR: Gk4.me works perfectly. 40 quid for a game that you can have on your xbox and use with your primary account without having the account it came on anywhere near your xbox.

Another plus is that you can give the account to a mate and he can play on his main as well, providing the account the game was purchased on is signed in as a second user.

They both work simulatenously because one is running on the XBOX licence, the other on the games licence. Rather simple.

Each game has a license.

The account Gk4.me gives you allows you to my home xbox it. This means that the xbox licence for this account is transferred to your xbox, allowing the game to be played on your account without even having the original account from which it came on your xbox WHATSOEVER.

The 5 games I've bought from gk4.me all came on seperate accounts. None of these accounts are on my xbox anymore, as they do not need to be.

Seems like you're speaking about something you've no knowledge on, and that's a rather silly thing to do considering you're giving terrible and ill-informed advice.

Jan.....

I'll be as polite as I can here.

Sure, that website gk4.me might be legit and all that. but the fact remains, them games aren't actually yours in the eyes of Microsoft.

There is NOTHING stopping whoever owns the Live Account, be it gk4 or a person on gk4 from basically logging into their xbox one and making it their home xbox once again which would REVOKE the license on your Xbox, therefore making the games you purchased from them, invalid and unplayable.

I'm not saying gk4 WILL do this, but the fact remains it CAN be done.

This is what myself and the rest of the lads are trying to say, so there's no need to personally attack any of us over it.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Jan.....

I'll be as polite as I can here.

Sure, that website gk4.me might be legit and all that. but the fact remains, them games aren't actually yours in the eyes of Microsoft.

There is NOTHING stopping whoever owns the Live Account, be it gk4 or a person on gk4 from basically logging into their xbox one and making it their home xbox once again which would REVOKE the license on your Xbox, therefore making the games you purchased from them, invalid and unplayable.

I'm not saying gk4 WILL do this, but the fact remains it CAN be done.

This is what myself and the rest of the lads are trying to say, so there's no need to personally attack any of us over it.

I didn't personally attack anybody.

''Attack the post, not the poster''. That's exactly what I done.

Your reply was left open to interpretation, and when you're giving advice to people and trying to help them make a decision, that's not the best way to do it.

The fact remains that they don't sign in to the account and revoke access.

How do I know this? Because one of the games I bought 9 months ago still works.

The site is excellent, I'd recommend it 100%. Games are too expensive.

I didn't personally attack anybody.

Your reply was left open to interpretation, and when you're giving advice to people and trying to help them make a decision, that's not the best way to do it.

The fact remains that they don't sign in to the account and revoke access.

How do I know this? Because one of the games I bought 9 months ago still works.

The site is excellent, I'd recommend it 100%. Games are too expensive.

"Resting in your account" would be the best way to put it tho.

"Resting in your account" would be the best way to put it tho.

Well for 40 quid, and some few quid less if you give the account to a mate, I'll take resting in my account for eternity as a rather good deal. :)

I understand your concerns nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition for only €59! :O

Do many ppl actually like Far Cry games? I couldn't get into FC 3 and FC 2 was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Well for 40 quid, and some few quid less if you give the account to a mate, I'll take resting in my account for eternity as a rather good deal. :)

I understand your concerns nonetheless.

You may not know that you can buy new digital games around the same price for your own XBL account minus the questionable methods of some websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You may not know that you can buy new digital games around the same price for your own XBL account minus the questionable methods of some websites.

Indeed, through switching regions or game sharing. Instead of relying on a third party, why don't you just game share with the friend you shared the third party account with. I'm sure a few people on here also game share, myself included with my brother(even if it does annoy him sometimes due to having auto download turned on). I wouldn't trust the a/c of someone I don't know as mentioned there is nothing stopping them changing what their primary console is thus revoking your rights.

Anyway back on topic, Zavvi are doing another Black Friday with some reasonable deals inc Dragon Age Inquisition for €48 which is pretty good for a EU disc copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

That buying a game on a profile thing is a bag o' ****e from what I've seen. Had a look over the last couple of months and you can only change your 'My Home Xbox' a couple of times which negates the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Just bought Black Flag off Game Deal Daily for $10.99 (rather nervously).

Email with code was there INSTANTLY. Like, before the confirmation from bloody paypal! Just redeemed code there and worked perfectly.

Seriously good bargain. Cheers lads :D

Gonna get a live subscription off them now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    That buying a game on a profile thing is a bag o' ****e from what I've seen. Had a look over the last couple of months and you can only change your 'My Home Xbox' a couple of times which negates the whole thing.

Well no, you can only change one account's home xbox a couple of times (think it's 3 a year?), but g4k and the likes give you a new profile altogether which you then set your xbox as "home" for - allowing you to play the games on your real GT.

I still agree it's a load of bollix though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭sweetie

Trilla wrote: »
    Do many ppl actually like Far Cry games? I couldn't get into FC 3 and FC 2 was awful

try Blood dragon and then tell me you don't like it! I didnt take to FC3 at first but went back after loving the sh1t out of Blood Dragon. 4 is pretty good but too similar to 3, I think. The first one was a pretty great shooter (played it recently for the 1st time) and I enjoyed the xbox iterations too back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

sweetie wrote: »
    try Blood dragon and then tell me you don't like it! I didnt take to FC3 at first but went back after loving the sh1t out of Blood Dragon. 4 is pretty good but too similar to 3, I think. The first one was a pretty great shooter (played it recently for the 1st time) and I enjoyed the xbox iterations too back in the day.

I loved the eighties schlock presentation, music tone. Everything.

But the gameplay sucked! (IMHO)

maximoose wrote: »
    Well no, you can only change one account's home xbox a couple of times (think it's 3 a year?), but g4k and the likes give you a new profile altogether which you then set your xbox as "home" for - allowing you to play the games on your real GT.

I still agree it's a load of bollix though.

Meant to say I do the game sharing thing with a mate so this just arses things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno dude, that sounds a bit like finding some hens teeth and then complaining that they came from a brown hen rather than a white one. :pac:

I dunno dude, that sounds a bit like finding some hens teeth and then complaining that they came from a brown hen rather than a white one. :pac:

Lol. You're only able to change your profile a couple of times is my point. Might be worth it for a game or two, but I think after that it goes pear shaped. Happy to be corrected though :)

Metro Redux bundle is this weeks Deals with Gold title priced at €26.46, a great deal for 2 games.

This is now €39, correct? I thought this was a week deal?

330646.png

• Advertisement

330646.png

Think it's €28 at the moment.

Are you signed into your account and currently have a Live 'gold' subscription?

Also, click into that Metro link to bring up the deal as it won't show it before that. Once you're signed in with a gold account and click right in to where you can hit purchase. It should show the deal price then.

It's €26.46 at the moment. Just checked :)

It's €26.46 at the moment. Just checked :)

Yeah, when you drill into the offer it goes down to that you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

One of my favourite games on the 360. Farcry 3 I played non stop for 2 weeks until I beat it and same with Blood Dragon. Huge fan and really looking foward to Farcry 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lol. You're only able to change your profile a couple of times is my point. Might be worth it for a game or two, but I think after that it goes pear shaped. Happy to be corrected though :)

You're limited to 3 time per year afaik. I cant imagine changing much more often than that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You're limited to 3 time per year afaik. I cant imagine changing much more often than that myself.

You can get that reset very easily.

Each game has a game license and an xbox license.

The account Gk4.me gives you allows you to my home xbox it. This means that the XBOX licence for this account is transferred to your xbox, allowing the game to be played on your account without even having the original account from which it came on your xbox WHATSOEVER.

The game can still be played on the actual account from which it came, as it still has it's seperate GAME licence.

I also chuckled at GK4.me going to microsoft and saying it was hacked. That's an awful straw-man argument considering the website retains all your purchase information in the ''My Purchases'' tab whereby all account details can be found.

TLDR: Gk4.me works perfectly. 40 quid for a game that you can have on your xbox and use with your primary account without having the account it came on anywhere near your xbox.

Another plus is that you can give the account to a mate and he can play on his main as well, providing the account the game was purchased on is signed in as a second user.

They both work simulatenously because one is running on the XBOX licence, the other on the games licence. Rather simple.

gk4 is a terrible process - they can pull back the games whenever they choose as you never actually own them. Also, when you lose net connection you'll lose access to your own games as your license cant be validated and its not sitting on your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gk4 is a terrible process - they can pull back the games whenever they choose as you never actually own them. Also, when you lose net connection you'll lose access to your own games as your license cant be validated and its not sitting on your console.

Xbox One works slightly differently to the 360 for which what you say is true.

On the One any account can use a game from another account, if set as the primary console for the game owners account, unlike the 360 where the game licence is on the first console it is downloaded to.

Still doesn't make it a good idea though.

• Advertisement

Xbox One works slightly differently to the 360 for which what you say is true.

On the One any account can use a game from another account, if set as the primary console for the game owners account, unlike the 360 where the game licence is on the first console it is downloaded to.

Still doesn't make it a good idea though.

No, this is how the One works. If you are sharing home console with someone else that means your own console is not your home console - therefore games licenses for games tied to your won account must be validated when you play.

It makes it a terrible idea as you can cancel and reset the console whenever you like. Basically unless you know the person isn't going to do this you have just given 40 quid to a guy off the net and you have literally 0 power to stop him ripping you off. It works grand for mates, not so grand with dodgey dave.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement