Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It makes it a terrible idea as you can cancel and reset the console whenever you like. Basically unless you know the person isn't going to do this you have just given 40 quid to a guy off the net and you have literally 0 power to stop him ripping you off. It works grand for mates, not so grand with dodgey dave.

Yes, to use an analogy, its like buying a car from someone without transferring ownership and at any time they can report the car as stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yes, to use an analogy, its like buying a car from someone without transferring ownership and at any time they can report the car as stolen.

Yeah except you don't have to report it stolen. You can just press a button and the car will come driving back to you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It makes it a terrible idea as you can cancel and reset the console whenever you like. Basically unless you know the person isn't going to do this you have just given 40 quid to a guy off the net and you have literally 0 power to stop him ripping you off. It works grand for mates, not so grand with dodgey dave.

For a 'quick trip to the US' to buy games from the US store, you can pay the €40 (give or take) and there's no messing or worrying about this happening.

And with Game Sharing with a mate / family member, you can split the purchase price and only be out €20 without any of the worry if the account may be suddenly withdrawn by some unscrupulous sort.

Problem solved and on with the XBox One Bargain alerts: GameDeal daily have Assassin's Creed Unity ($29.49) and Assassin's Creed Black Flag ($10.49) back in stock.

Buy both games for less than €35 (game share with a mate and you're laughing :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

Thanks for replies!

I ended up chancing it & got minecraft digital code off amazon.com as it was the cheapest game i could find to test. Just added a USA shipping address, redeemed it on my irish xbl account, all working sweetly :)

Will keep an eye on the bargain alerts forum for new websites too, thanks again guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Gamedealdaily.com are now offering the Assassin Creed Xbox One games even cheaper. $9.49 for Black Flag and $24.99 for Unity (in stock as I write this). Thats roughly €28.50 for both games delivered in one minute. Unbelievable, Jeff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just bought a code there from gamedealdaily and when I try to redeem it just says code not found :s

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just bought a code there from gamedealdaily and when I try to redeem it just says code not found :s

Are you using a U.S. account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Issues with live at the moment ...... again. So that might be why you are having trouble.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status

ShaneU wrote: »
    Are you using a U.S. account?

Nah an irish one but I did try it on my us account and still a no go, that service alert is for the 360 and not the one although I guess it could be affected too

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Some great games here for cheap http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

calex71 wrote: »
    Issues with live at the moment ...... again. So that might be why you are having trouble.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status

So Microsoft are finally letting people know about the problems with live on the 360 since the ddos earlier in the week, bit slow of them isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So Microsoft are finally letting people know about the problems with live on the 360 since the ddos earlier in the week, bit slow of them isn't it?

What do you mean? There was a service status the other day whilst the DDoS attack was happening too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What do you mean? Their was a service status the other day whilst the DDoS attack was happening too?

I know, but since then I've had nothing but problems with connecting to live on the 360, been fine on the One though.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Fifa 15 is about €34 on simplycdkeys.co.uk

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/xbox-games/fifa-15-full-game-download

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE:

Digital codes thread has been merged with this thread. This should be the main thread for discussion of purchasing games, whether digital or physical.

CatInABox

So I got emailed a replacement code from gamedealdaily and it worked :D

Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where can one get Sunset Overdrive for cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Anyone know of any digital forza 5 for cheap as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any digital forza 5 for cheap as possible

https://www.g2a.com/forza-motorsport-5-xbox-one-cd-key-global.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Wow Assassins Creeed Unity down to 26 quid on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

$26 dollars? Wil they email me the code?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    $26 dollars? Wil they email me the code?

It's €21.25, just change the settings to Euros. Yeah they'll email the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Xbox One with Forza 5, Battlefield 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, Titanfall and Wolfenstein : The New Order - €406

Shipping is ~ €10.

The whole bundle for €416 delivered seems to be one of the best, if not the best I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Sorely tempted by that, £16.76 for Forza 5. Mmmmm decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Forza is a class game I must say. it is missing a couple of things, but the graphics are so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Liamalone wrote: »
    Sorely tempted by that, £16.76 for Forza 5. Mmmmm decisions

at that price youd be mad not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

anybody know the best deal for gta v for the x1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Since I am keeping my 360 to live alongside the One, I picked up a new in box Battlefield 3 vault for €9.99 in gamestop today, superb value.

Well chuffed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Since I am keeping my 360 to live alongside the One, I picked up a new in box Battlefield 3 vault for €9.99 in gamestop today, superb value.

Well chuffed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement