Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

Currently none in or near Dublin (Halo/Assassin's Creed/Sunset Overdrive bundles), but I'll keep checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

Assassins creed bundle is 399 in Gamestop, got one this morning - add any EA game for 49.99 - got fifa and both assassins creeds for 450 - kids will be delighted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Smashling7 wrote: »
    Assassins creed bundle is 399 in Gamestop, got one this morning - add any EA game for 49.99 - got fifa and both assassins creeds for 450 - kids will be delighted! :D

For extra 25€ you could get KINECT as well in argos :D
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3235793/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+ONE.htm

Assassins bundle and kinect for 429 and fifa for 46 =475.It easy to sell kinect on ebay for 80-90€ so u overpaid 100€

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think people need to shop around a lot more. GameStop are overpriced but Argos have been running some great deals for the last few months and no where seems to even try to match them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think people need to shop around a lot more. GameStop are overpriced but Argos have been running some great deals for the last few months and no where seems to even try to match them.

Argos have definitely been top of the list on here for the last month or so.

Yeah I'm hoping Argos will get some more in for the weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There even starting to offer great PS4 bundles and to say I was tempted is putting it mildly.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There even starting to offer great PS4 bundles and to say I was tempted is putting it mildly.

sshhh! dont say Jehova!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

sshhh! dont say Jehova!

That piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah!

Be tempted myself if I wasn't broke. :(

CatInABox wrote: »
    That piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah!

Be tempted myself if I wasn't broke. :(

If i was 18 again I'd be all over it myself, its spare time thats in short supply in my life.

pesky kids........:pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If i was 18 again I'd be all over it myself, its spare time thats in short supply in my life.

pesky kids........:pac:

Totally with you on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Argos maybe is great with deals lately, but check the actual stock... Most of the time they put up those deals with feck all stock. On the other hand if you are fast enough to grab one, then its a real bargain.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Argos maybe is great with deals lately, but check the actual stock... Most of the time they put up those deals with feck all stock. On the other hand if you are fast enough to grab one, then its a real bargain.

BS, they can only sell what they have. I got my X1 from one of the argos deals about 2 weeks after the offer started, they're not intentionally offering stuff they don't have or are in short supply like you're suggesting.

well, to be fair, I think what he might mean is that there are plenty in stock, but they just might not be in locations that are convenient to you. from personal experience, the Argos in Blackpool in cork rarely has stuff but the one in the city and the one in mahon point seem to fare better. Its also worth remembering that a lot of these are going out the door now, the closer we get to christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

a bit harsh. It's the game's availablity that usually let's the deal down and the willingless of argos staff to 'bend' the rules to allow a later pickup or use an alternate store. Their system of reserving items makes things difficult too when one user can reserve an item or bundle in 10 or 20 stores should they wish thus impacting the stock levels in those stores for upto 48hrs.

Just on the Alien: Isolation pack; I haven't seen that around anywhere except on Amazon. I take it it's discontinued in Argos etc...

AnimalChin wrote: »
    Just on the Alien: Isolation pack; I haven't seen that around anywhere except on Amazon. I take it it's discontinued in Argos etc...

they seem to change on an almost daily basis, all you can do is keep checking in and seeing whats on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Anyone see any decent deals for GTA V or the Destiny season pass on xb1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jaysus, calm the **** down, son. :pac:

I am just saying that their stock levels can be all over the place. for example there is feck of those kinect AC bundles in Cork. As mentioned above, you are lucky if they got all games that are listed for particular deals. At least they give you receipt to pick it up when it is back in stock.
    Its a good deal if you can actually get it. Anyone can put up 1eu xbox ones, and it will be an awesome deal, but if there is no stock, its useless.
    I am glad that you were able to pick up your deal, but it does not mean that everyone able to.

AnimalChin wrote: »

Assassins creed pack you were looking for earlier
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-one-console-with-assassins-creed-unity-and-optional-3-or-12-months-xbox-live/1406385188.prd?searchTerm=xbox-one

alien isolation - not good value though
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-one-console-with-alien-isolation/1458095669.prd?searchTerm=xbox-one

Assassins creed pack you were looking for earlier
    ]

alien isolation - not good value though

Thanks. I had seen someone mention Littlewoods so checked it out. 479 for the console with Alien!! Madness considering what Argos are offering.

I'll hold out for a while longer and see if anything changes on Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

podgemk wrote: »
    Anyone see any decent deals for GTA V or the Destiny season pass on xb1 ?

Given the massively limited content for the destiny season pass I'd go so far as to say there are no good deals on it. Might be worth a fiver maybe.

I've been actively scouring the web for the last fortnight trying to pick up the season pass for cheap. having surfed all the way to the far side and back, I can confirm that cheap season passes are not available. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've been actively scouring the web for the last fortnight trying to pick up the season pass for cheap. having surfed all the way to the far side and back, I can confirm that cheap season passes are not available. :mad:

I got burned bad on that one , not worth the asking price. Might come up on sale in the daily deals, but I don't think I've seen Destiny discounted in any way in a sale so far.

calex71 wrote: »
    I got burned bad on that one , not worth the asking price. Might come up on sale in the daily deals, but I don't think I've seen Destiny discounted in any way in a sale so far.

yeah, no way am I paying 35 for it, Id offer 20 max. I thought I might be able to find someone who got it with a disc copy, but not luck so far.
    Now that I think o it, they probably wont discount it until the second expansion has been released.
    definitely the biggest downside to buying digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

yeah, no way am I paying 35 for it, Id offer 20 max. I thought I might be able to find someone who got it with a disc copy, but not luck so far.

What's annoying also is that the pass is only for the first 2 DLC packs, so it's not like Battlefield where it will get you a year of extra content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

What's annoying also is that the pass is only for the first 2 DLC packs, so it's not like Battlefield where it will get you a year of extra content.

Haven't seen any mention of any DLC beyond the House of Wolves.

Is there more coming in the medium term?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Now that I think o it, they probably wont discount it until the second expansion has been released.

Save yourself the grind and wait for the second one to be out sure, you'll be able to go straight to the current level cap just like they've done now. Season pass more likely to be discounted after everything being released, much like titanfall for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

quad_red wrote: »
    Haven't seen any mention of any DLC beyond the House of Wolves.

Is there more coming in the medium term?

More than likely since its Activision and with 1 DLC already out the next one is probably only a few months away.

Without DLC I think this game would die very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

UFC is available on EA Access now lads