Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Its a shame. . Destiny was so good for the first 3 weeks but you can only replay those strikes and missions so many times. Really want the dlc now but i dont want to spend 35 quid to play it for another week. Looks like waiting till the next dlc is released is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Today only on Game Xbox One with ACU, ACIV, Forza5 and Halo, GTAV or FIFA15 for £320 using code XBOXXMAS.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/hardware/xbox-one-consoles/assassins-creed-unity-hardware/?cm_mmc=game-_-XboxOne-_-DecSpecialOffer-_-mainbanner

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Might not be really Xbox related, but tomorrow, a years subscription to Xbox Music is $50.

I got it last year, think it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote: »
    Might not be really Xbox related, but tomorrow, a years subscription to Xbox Music is $50.

I got it last year, think it's well worth it.

I was actually looking at this all year and keeping in mind they do it half price at Christmas. I'm still on the fence about it tho lol. They really need to add music playing without having it snapped, assuming they haven't already?

Outlast for €8.... HMMMMMMMMMMM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I was actually looking at this all year and keeping in mind they do it half price at Christmas. I'm still on the fence about it tho lol. They really need to add music playing without having it snapped, assuming they haven't already?

Have to admit, as my PC is in the same room as my Xbox, I've never had to use it on my Xbox.

Works fine on everything else though.

I was tempted by the price, then watched some of the videos.

That's a giant big case of NOPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

CatInABox wrote: »
    I was tempted by the price, then watched some of the videos.

That's a giant big case of NOPE.

As in nope, it's crap or nope is in.............
    NOPE. Not even once?

nicklauski wrote: »
    As in nope, it's crap or nope is in.............
    NOPE. Not even once?

Hate horror stuff. Little bit of a wuss when it comes to it as a genre, just doesn't float my boat at all, in any format.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

gonna get that thanks
    small download too which is good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I was wondering how much does parcel motel charge if you're getting a console sent over from the UK to the republic of Ireland?
    Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

€3.95 standard charge

Be warned there's a delay in getting stuff from them at the minute though with the Christmas rush

That's good so do you give the Belfast address and then they drop it off to your local depot like eg. Tullamore and they charge only 3.95 for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    €3.95 standard charge

Be warned there's a delay in getting stuff from them at the minute though with the Christmas rush

some people have reported mixed success with using less popular drop boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They were notoriously slow last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Allyall wrote: »
    They were notoriously slow last year.

well in fairness, its only a week to xmas, and the very nature of the service means that they have limited capacity. you could get your notification at 7:30 am and not pick up your parcel for another 48 hours. If everyone did that you could be adding days onto the amount of time it takes before a free slot in the dropbox comes up.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    That's good so do you give the Belfast address and then they drop it off to your local depot like eg. Tullamore and they charge only 3.95 for that?

Exactly!

well in fairness, its only a week to xmas, and the very nature of the service means that they have limited capacity. you could get your notification at 7:30 am and not pick up your parcel for another 48 hours. If everyone did that you could be adding days onto the amount of time it takes before a free slot in the dropbox comes up.

Yeah, defended them last year. In the end it was their own fault. I have no idea what it's like this year, but it's probably best to give a heads up to anyone ordering today and expecting it before Christmas.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

And one other thing to bare in mind, unless you upgrade their insurance the most you'll be able to claim for is €100 if anything goes missing on PM's side. Usually a seller is responsible for getting your package to you, but once it gets to PM the seller has kept it's side of the bargain, whatever happens between PM and you won't be their problem. (just posting this as lately there have been quite a few reports of packages going missing over in the massive PM thread)

And one other thing to bare in mind, unless you upgrade their insurance the most you'll be able to claim for is €100 if anything goes missing on PM's side. Usually a seller is responsible for getting you package to you, but once it gets to PM the seller has kept it's side of the bargain, whatever happens between PM and you won't be their problem. (just posting this as lately there have been quite a few reports of packages going missing over in the massive PM thread)

I completely forgot about that. Thanks! Important to know/remember that.

I was thinking of ordering a few games I'm in no rush for. Loads went missing in their warehouse last year, and If they signed, in some instances they didn't get resent, or if you didn't send with tracking, you lost the item..

• Advertisement

Ah nevermind I won't bother with it so cheers guys.

Nah it's fine to use them like, I've picked up 4 parcels in the last week no bother.

Although I was ready to start smashing heads when I hadn't gotten a pick up code for my Moto 360 after 3 days and thought it had been stolen :pac:

Parcel motel is the absolute business. Have used them countless times and for stuff worth well over the €100 liability limit.

Just also seen this there now parcelmotel.com

"My Shopping Tracker
    Keep track of your shopping and help us to ensure that your parcel gets to you without delay by providing us with some details about the parcels you are expecting.
    If your parcel arrives without a PMID and/or name your Shopping Tracker details will assist us in the identification process.
    As an incentive, we are giving free extended liability up to €250 per parcel (standard liability €100) when you add your parcel details to the Parcel Motel Shoping Tracker. Standard liability is €100"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Did you buy outlast? just wondering if its worth buying :D

rottie 11 wrote:
    Did you buy outlast? just wondering if its worth buying 

I did buy it but I haven't played it yet. I'm a bit of a whore for buying games like so I have a bit of a backlog right now :P I did however check it out on twitch before and it does look pretty good!

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Did you buy outlast? just wondering if its worth buying :D

Pewdiepie is annoying but you get a good look at the game here:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Oh outlast is great craic ! A bunch of the lads and stayed in a house during the summer and we played it on the PS4 with a projector . There was some amount of screams and laughs :D

It's worth the €8

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I got it today and am looking forward to it.
    one question ......should I wait till I get my turtle beach headset first to really get into the atmosphere of the game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I did buy it but I haven't played it yet. I'm a bit of a whore for buying games like so I have a bit of a backlog right now :P I did however check it out on twitch before and it does look pretty good!

Ah ya im the same way have a bit of a backlog myself ha

Will have a look at the video now thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Might be use to somebody but gamedealdaily.com ( assassain creed unity/blackflag fame)have max curse of the brotherhood for $5.49.

They also have lococycle for the same price but I don't think people will want that.:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement