Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

maximoose wrote: »
    Lego Marvel is great, one of my favourite lego games

The Movie tie in is a brilliant game too, if you liked the film it was a joy to play through it :)

Great price for both!

Lego Marvel Super Heroes for €13.20. Grand job!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    **** it for both Lego games for €18.99 I couldn't leave them there :eek: :P

Shi**. Am I after messing up? Bought Lego Marvel for €13.20. Didn't see the deal for €18.99. Where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Went for The Walking Dead instead, cheap as. Ah well, needz ta werk on me unkling skillz.

I already bought all the telltale games on sale already :D Walking dead is brilliant. Good choice!

Maybe someone here interested.
    zerks wrote: »
    Shadow Of Mordor €41.99 in Argos for PS4 and Xbone.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2819000

Cheapest B&M price I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Looking to buy Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for xbox 360
    Has anyone seen this at a good price recently?

• Advertisement

juneg wrote: »
    Looking to buy Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for xbox 360
    Has anyone seen this at a good price recently?

€39.99 in Smyths any good to you?

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/c-684/coming-soon-xbox-360/p-6607/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-x360/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

cant get minecraft for 4 euro on xbox one,have it on the same account on 360,is that deal over?

soap1978 wrote: »
    cant get minecraft for 4 euro on xbox one,have it on the same account on 360,is that deal over?

The upgrade offer runs until August 2015.

Here's a quote from FAQ's:

"I own Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, but I’m not seeing the discounted offer – I only see full price. What’s wrong?

Have you signed in to your Xbox Live account since purchasing Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition? If you haven’t, sign in and allow 24–48 hours for the discounted price to become available."

Source: http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/games/minecraft-discount-upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone know the best place to get rocksmith 2014 with the cable.
    72 quid on amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Why are the prices gone up on cd keys? I noticed they went up a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

stuchyg wrote: »
    Looking to try diablo 3 ultimate edition. Anywhere cheaper then 37 quid

I have it on the 360 if thats any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why are the prices gone up on cd keys? I noticed they went up a good bit

new EU digital tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Cheapest place for xbox live for 12months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

We really need a new thread for bargain requests.

Cotts72 wrote: »

Try cd keys i think its about 36 for 13 months

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cotts72 wrote: »

If you can still find one Smyths are doing the Day One 12 month sub for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Hi guys. PS3 owner here that wants to upgrade to a next gen console. Was fairly undecided on whether to go for the ps4 or Xbox one. Argos seems to do pretty good deals for both consoles but it has been hard trying to find one in stock in my area over the past few days. Initially I was looking at the ps4 bundles for 400 or the forza Xbox one bundle for 380 but have never been in stock. Today I managed to find one assassins creed unity bundle in stock so I reserved it and at €380 + a special offer of FIFA 15 for €17, it's just inside my price range. Should I go with this deal. Any opinions on the 2 assassins creed games. Tbh I played 1 and 2 on ps3 back in the day and even though I thought they were good I never really got fully into them. Also I read that these games are digital copy so I can' t trade them in. Anyway thanks in advance for any advice. It'd be much appreciated. Also sorry for the large block of text . I'm just after realising that I probably should have used a few paragraphs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

DJ90 wrote: »
    Hi guys. PS3 owner here that wants to upgrade to a next gen console. Was fairly undecided on whether to go for the ps4 or Xbox one. Argos seems to do pretty good deals for both consoles but it has been hard trying to find one in stock in my area over the past few days. Initially I was looking at the ps4 bundles for 400 or the forza Xbox one bundle for 380 but have never been in stock. Today I managed to find one assassins creed unity bundle in stock so I reserved it and at €380 + a special offer of FIFA 15 for €17, it's just inside my price range. Should I go with this deal. Any opinions on the 2 assassins creed games. Tbh I played 1 and 2 on ps3 back in the day and even though I thought they were good I never really got fully into them. Also I read that these games are digital copy so I can' t trade them in. Anyway thanks in advance for any advice. It'd be much appreciated. Also sorry for the large block of text . I'm just after realising that I probably should have used a few paragraphs!

Basically black flag is a fantastic assassins creed game got everything right in it as you will love the sea shanties while sailing around, Story was also quite good and the game looks fantastic.

Unity on the other hand is the biggest price of crap i have ever played in my life i had the PS4 copy of the game but the xbox one version is all broke as the PS4 one. After i think 4 patches the game is basically broke still and notting works right, Frame rate drops, screen pop ups and glitches everywhere posable. Unity is the 1st Ass creed game i ever traded in as it was so bad and i have played every single one from the PSP, iPhone, Vita and so on. Unity was my biggest disappointment in gaming of 2014.

If i was you try and sell the digital code on adverts.ie and use the money on some other game. Get Far cry 4 witch is just fantastic and so much fun to play and to me was the only Ubisoft game that worked right and was good this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

if you didn't like 1 and 2 then the never ones won't do much for you either, the story is very poor now, I had few issues with unity myself, certainly nothing to stop me playing it. That said Black flag might be a decent game for you as it's essentially a pirates game called assassins creed, Unity is more like the one's you've played.

They have the sunset overdrive white version there too but is more expensive but a very good game , and to be honest if you are getting a new console you might as well get something exclusive to it. Sunset is a great game. Also the assassins creed game can be got very cheap now on the cdkey sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Unity on the other hand is the biggest price of crap i have ever played in my life i had the PS4 copy of the game but the xbox one version is all broke as the PS4 one. After i think 4 patches the game is basically broke still and notting works right, Frame rate drops, screen pop ups and glitches everywhere posable.

I agree and disagree. I enjoyed a lot of the game, however the frame rate, various glitches, NPCs appearing all over the place, some awful bugs like Arno the main character freezing or not capable of attacking or being attacked etc. The AI wasn't the greatest either. The popups were a little annoying too. The 40gb patch lol.

If it didn't have the glitches it was easily a 7 or 8 out of ten for me. I'd give it a 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

When I buy the assassins creed unity bundle do I also need to buy an Xbox live membership in order to download the 2 games or is Xbox gold membership just for online play

When I buy the assassins creed unity bundle do I also need to buy an Xbox live membership in order to download the 2 games or is Xbox gold membership just for online play

Im not 100% sure but i think you can download the games without the gold membership

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Im not 100% sure but i think you can download the games without the gold membership

Yes you can. Gold is only used for MP gaming and deals/games with gold offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just get a cheap sub online for 30-35 eu when you have the money to spare so you can get a free game each month, they haven't been exactly amazing ones so far but still can't knock a free game every month, and it's D4 this month which is actually decent enough I believe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And also look into EA Access. If you're into sports games, or even EA games in general, then it's a no brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

If you decide to get the Xbox and are selling the code for Assassins creed unity PM me and I'll buy it off you mate

Juan8 wrote: »
    If you decide to get the Xbox and are selling the code for Assassins creed unity PM me and I'll buy it off you mate

AC Unity is €22.84 here
    http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/assassin-s-creed-unity-xbox-one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement