Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Zank you, thats a purchase for me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Dunno if its a glitch or not but on 360 earlier I was able to download two episodes of the walking dead game for free.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Zank you, thats a purchase for me then.

There'll be a 20GB download when you install plus a few GB's of patches on top that just so you know, so install it offline if yo want to avoid that.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Got that 2tb hardrive from argos so now want ea access and tomb raider, Am I amble to move my current games to the hardrive? Also any slow down or lag for working off a external hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Got that 2tb hardrive from argos so now want ea access and tomb raider, Am I amble to move my current games to the hardrive? Also any slow down or lag for working off a external hard drive?

Yes you can, I've been doing it for a while. I think running it off a half decent external is slightly faster than the stock drive, otherwise it's about the same. Here is a Digital Foundry guide about it http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-xbox-one-external-hard-drive-upgrade-guide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Thanks. Bought the seagate one from a few days ago on the thread. Don't know if its good. Will read the full article u posted tomorrow. Bit to merry now to take it in lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a pretty decent deal for the Xbox and MCC considering it comes with Minecraft for free as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Not everyone's game but if you have gold you can get madden 15 Superbowl edition (you get extra ultimate team cards and a few rookie legends players) for €28, great deal as most shops are still selling for €60,

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr Detail

Hococop wrote: »
    Not everyone's game but if you have gold you can get madden 15 Superbowl edition (you get extra ultimate team cards and a few rookie legends players) for €28, great deal as most shops are still selling for €60,

Thanks a million. I never would have spotted that and nearly bought Madden yesterday. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Bought Unity there on CDKeys, first time I've used them & found it hassle free & easy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

<SNIP> MOD: No linking to your own ebay items here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Hococop wrote: »

I've been thinking about picking this up as I like sports games. But I have never played a Madden game before and my knowledge of American football is basic.
    Is it difficult to pick up and play?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've been thinking about picking this up as I like sports games. But I have never played a Madden game before and my knowledge of American football is basic.

if you've only a passing interest, you might be as well off getting ea access and getting last years version along with a load of other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Its easy to pick up and pretty easy to actually play
    However I found it extremely boring and repetitive after 30 mins
    In saying that I dont follow or have any interest in NFL, then again I dont have any interest in boxing but always enjoyed boxing games.

THe advice about getting EA Access is pretty good. Go for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Not played 15, but last years one was easy to pick up and I've no knowledge of American Football.

I just kept picking plays where the wide receiver was in the end zone and the quarterback would throw the football straight to him.

Although now that I think about it, I may have been playing NHL 14

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Argos have a 50% off deal on a 500gb usb 3.0 drive, not the largest drive but doubling your games capacity for 25 euro is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Argos have a 50% off deal on a 500gb usb 3.0 drive, not the largest drive but doubling your games capacity for 25 euro is decent.

haha, good luck getting one! Pages and pages of threads on this already on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Big thread on this over in the bargain alerts forum two weeks back, very little stock around I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

sweetie wrote: »
    haha, good luck getting one! Pages and pages of threads on this already on boards

Lad sitting beside me picked one up yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Hi all, I guess this is the best place to ask, where is the best/cheapest place to get a new xbox one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hi all, I guess this is the best place to ask, where is the best/cheapest place to get a new xbox one?

Argos I think. €379.99 with Minecraft and either Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive or Assassian Creed Black Flag and Unity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Argos I think. €379.99 with Minecraft and either Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive or Assassian Creed Black Flag and Unity.

If you go for one of these bundles I'd suggest getting the Halo one as you can pick up full game download codes for Sunset and both Assassin's games cheap online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Quite a good deal here found with a glitch on the xbox store.
    Saw this (glitch?) going around Facebook last night and just tried it on son's X-Box One and it worked!

Go to the marketplace store (we did it on the X-Box itself - not sure if it works via internet site) and download Game Of Thrones episode 1: Iron from Ice for only £3.99. Once its downloaded search for Game Of Thrones Season Pass (episodes 2 - 6) and instead of saying £15.99 (as it will say before downloading first episode) it will now just come up with 'Install' - and you don't get charged for it!

Episodes 2-6 are to be released periodically in the six-part series once available to download. All Season Pass content will be available by Summer 2015. If you purchase this Season Pass, all future Season Pass content will be accessible in-game once available.

Episode 2: The Lost Lords has confirmed release date for X-Box One on February 4th 2015.

Can't see this deal already posted (so apologies if it has) but wanted to share hoping it might help others. Can't guarantee 100% it will work for everyone but like i said lots of others have said it worked for them (haven't heard any say it didn't) and its worked for us! :)

Tried it there and worked out €5 euros for all 6 epps not bad at all :eek:

Quite a good deal here found with a glitch on the xbox store.

Tried it there and worked out €5 euros for all 6 epps not bad at all :eek:

no way that'll stay working or be honored. It'd be different if you managed to download something but you're effectively only getting a promise of future content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

no way that'll stay working or be honored. It'd be different if you managed to download something but you're effectively only getting a promise of future content.

Downloaded Epp 1 there anyway and went into the Episodes there and it says i have Purchased the season pass with in the game ... :rolleyes:

Got to have some hope with these things not be disappointed right away with being negative towards it .... :D

Looking at Argos the Halo Bundle seems to be the only bundle with the most stock nationwide.If your bothered about Assassins Creed Black flag and Unity then they can both be both digitally for under €30

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=322%2F8250

Alternatively you can just buy the bog standard Xbox One and get Shadow of Mordor for €13
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=258%2F5530

Dead Rising 3 is €29.99 on the Xbox store atm and Sunset Overdrive is something like €42.

If it was me id get the Halo edition with minecraft for free and pick up the above games in the meantime or whatever your internet connection permits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was about to say so what if they are selling cheaper , but then I realised what the scam was and how they are so cheap.

I laughed at this part.
    The companies behind them source cheap, region-unlocked keys to sell on to their customers - thus undercutting the major players who stick to official, publisher-approved pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Lots of games in deals with gold:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement