Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Does Titanfall come with an XBox Live membership for a month, or do you still have to get XBox live to be able to pay it even if you buy it with the console in the argos offer (or maybe the console comes with a trial membership) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've merged the "Cheapest Place to Buy Xbox One" thread into this one which covers all hardware/software bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Does Titanfall come with an XBox Live membership for a month, or do you still have to get XBox live to be able to pay it even if you buy it with the console in the argos offer (or maybe the console comes with a trial membership) ?

My Xbox came with a 14 day trial I think so that's what you'd probably get.

This is probably the cheapest place to get 'Gold' if you need it, 12 months for €30: http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/cheap-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-subscription/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    My Xbox came with a 14 day trial I think so that's what you'd probably get.

This is probably the cheapest place to get 'Gold' if you need it, 12 months for €30: http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/cheap-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-subscription/

12 months gold for €28

https://www.g2a.com/weeklysale?adid=M_x12m_20140808&id=2

Godammit. I was going to check G2a first and all :D

• Advertisement

Thanks all. Just (yesterday afternoon) picked up the Argos bundle without the connect and free Titanfall and Deadrising 3 for 430 total.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thanks all. Just (yesterday afternoon) picked up the Argos bundle without the connect and free Titanfall and Deadrising 3 for 430 total.
    :)

Are they physical copies of the games?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Are they physical copies of the games?

Yep - both sealed copies of the games in their boxes.

Argos are also doing some games for 2 for €78.
    I was tempted to go for Tomb Raider and Plants Vs Zombies (for the €78), but I'm gonna find it hard to play online a lot (and I was already getting Titanfall which is going to use up a lot of time) as I have 2 small kids so if I manage an hour or 2 at night I'll be doing well.

Dead rising 3 has decent review, decent single payer and you can save anywhere which make it perfect for quick sessions without have to join into an online game (Also - I'm in the sticks so my Broadband speed it 4MB, but at least it's a solid 4MB and ping of 40ms)

Beware though - Dead rising 3 has a 16GB update as soon as you try and play it so I haven't got to play anything yet as it was updating all night....
    This evening hopefully !

BTW - the free Titanfall offer ends today : "Get a free copy of Titanfall when bought with this Xbox One console. Offer ends 11 August 2014."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yep - both sealed copies of the games in their boxes.

Argos are also doing some games for 2 for €78.
    I was tempted to go for Tomb Raider and Plants Vs Zombies (for the €78), but I'm gonna find it hard to play online a lot (and I was already getting Titanfall which is going to use up a lot of time) as I have 2 small kids so if I manage an hour or 2 at night I'll be doing well.

Dead rising 3 has decent review, decent single payer and you can save anywhere which make it perfect for quick sessions without have to join into an online game (Also - I'm in the sticks so my Broadband speed it 4MB, but at least it's a solid 4MB and ping of 40ms)

Beware though - Dead rising 3 has a 16GB update as soon as you try and play it so I haven't got to play anything yet as it was updating all night....
    This evening hopefully !

Disconnect from Xbox Live when you are installing it so that it just installs the disc, once the disc is installed the game is playable and you can then reconnect to Xbox Live to get the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Hey Guys,

Any idea where I can get the best price on the newer Xbox 360 controller? The one with the good D-Pad.

They seem to be going for €40 on Amazon and Argos, which seems a little steep since I could get an Xbox One Controller for €45.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭CiaranW

If any of you know anybody who works in Argos they have a 20% off all products for this week only.
    That's a mighty cheap Xbox!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CiaranW wrote: »
    If any of you know anybody who works in Argos they have a 20% off all products for this week only.
    That's a mighty cheap Xbox!

Is it a staff only discount or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭CiaranW

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it a staff only discount or something?

Yeah, tis indeed.
    For one week only as far as I'm aware.
    They only gave it to their staff for one week last year.

Great game. Would nearly buy it again to get the achievements on Xbox :D

(Own it on Steam)

Titanfall only $25 on US store.

Metal Gear Solid only about $20 I think and also 33% off UFC

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Titanfall only $25 on US store.

Metal Gear Solid only about $20 I think and also 33% off UFC

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold
    Thanks - its interesting that UFC is reduced, goes to hopefully disprove that EA games will never be on DwG after EA Access went live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Can anyone find Metal Gear Solid either on xbox.com or on the console store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is there for $15 alright, I've got my region set to US though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Smoggy wrote: »

they have a 2100 points card going for 9.99 :eek: /yoink !!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 KevPS4

forza is a great game if you like racers! get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

aint the 2100 points worth like €25??

calex71 wrote: »

Does 2100 ms points give you €25? :O

KevPS4 wrote: »
    forza is a great game if you like racers! get it!

I wouldn't expect that from womeone with PS4 specifically in his username :p

calex71 wrote: »

They're al out of stock aren't they? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They're al out of stock aren't they? :(

Yes :(

At least anywhere near me that I checked, it was too good to be true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Picked up Ryse in Bray and got the last copy of Dead Rising on the Smyths website.

Picked up Ryse in Bray and got the last copy of Dead Rising on the Smyths website.

I absolutely loved Ryse. It's a great game and gorgeous looking too :D

I told my friend about the Smyths offer and he ran straight down and grabbed Ryse too lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

Does 2100 ms points give you €25? :O

yeah pretty sure it does.
    i had 3400 points before the changeover and it converted to €40 or so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement