Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I discovered I have a backlog of 44 games on xbox 360 alone.
    I'm trying to decide if I should just work my way through the backlog or buy an xbox one while its at a good deal.
    What do you guys reckon?
    Will there be better deals in the future or by the time I'm finished most of those 44 games?

No hurry buying a ONE, you can log into xbox.com and claim the games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I'm trying to decide if I should just work my way through the backlog or buy an xbox one while its at a good deal.
    What do you guys reckon?
    Will there be better deals in the future or by the time I'm finished most of those 44 games?

Unless there are multiplayer games you really want to play on the one I'd say wait. As long as the PS4 has the lead in terms of sales theres going to be deals. As time goes by the one is going to get bigger hard drives and they're probably going to release a slim model at some point. Also if you wait to get a one there will be a backlog of cheap great games, and with the preview program on 360 now Microsoft should be supporting it for another few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yes I've been doing that thing where you go onto the xbox website and buy the free games with gold for the xbox one so I'll have backlog on the xbox one whenever I get it aswell :D.
    I'm also thinking it's a good idea in my case to wait and see how E3 goes aswell.
    My backlog will definitely keep me happy til then and beyond.
    Thanks for the advice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

What do you guys reckon?

Hope you're getting the free games for both either way every month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Jesus never knew you could claim the free games with gold if you didnt have a xbox one better start doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

tkd93 wrote: »
    Jesus never knew you could claim the free games with gold if you didnt have a xbox one better start doing it.

Started myself around 2 months before I bought a Xbox one. really love games with gold :)

Yes I've been doing that from the start.
    You just login on the xbox website go to games with gold, download from xbox store and once you have gold obviously it's free to buy them.
    I renewed my gold subscription from cardscodes.com for 33 euros because it was the cheapest I could find.
    It took 3 hours to arrive in my email as it was my first time using it but when I got it, it all worked perfect.
    Games with gold this month are Pool Nation, Child of Light on the one and Assassins Creed Black Flag and Army Of Two on the 360.
    If you're like me and don't have a one yet grab them off the xbox.com site you've nothing to lose.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know how long Witcher 3 will be discounted for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone know how long Witcher 3 will be discounted for?

Don't know, but seeing that there is going to be a digital bundle pack released expect the price of keys to be pretty good at release.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't know, but seeing that there is going to be a digital bundle pack released expect the price of keys to be pretty good at release.

Oh you reckon it could end up like the assassins creed games?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh you reckon it could end up like the assassins creed games?

Doubt it would go as low as Unity and Black Flag, but would expect it to available for around €45-50 like Sunset Overdrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Doubt it would go as low as Unity and Black Flag, but would expect it to available for around €45-50 like Sunset Overdrive.
    Black Flag is less than €4 on CDkeys.
    And it doesn't even feel like a bargain anymore :pac::pac:.. ..

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/assassin-s-creed-iv-4-black-flag-xbox-one

Doubt (m)any will go that low for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So where's the best B&M deals on the Xbox one in Dublin? and what's people's opinions on Sunset Overdrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So where's the best B&M deals on the Xbox one in Dublin? and what's people's opinions on Sunset Overdrive?

Sunset overdrive is great. My favourite game of the new generation so far.

Argos and Smyths sell the One for €330 with Halo MCC. Gamestop and HMV/Xtravision sell it for €400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Argos is now charging 359.99 for Halo:MCC bundle which is perplexing since the other day it was 329.99. Their pricing is a real mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gflood wrote: »
    Argos is now charging 359.99 for Halo:MCC bundle which is perplexing since the other day it was 329.99. Their pricing is a real mess.

The deals change almost weekly, if you see something you like, you're best off pulling the trigger as soon as you can.

The deals change almost weekly, if you see something you like, you're best off pulling the trigger as soon as you can.

They'll usually finish up on a thursday and a new one will begin on the friday I believe. Date is usually there when you click special offers on the console page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Smyths currently have the xbox one with halo (download code) for €330 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭nowecant

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Smyths currently have the xbox one with halo (download code) for €330 :)

Got mine today. They had an offer book on the counter which said this special offer would be finishing 26/04/2015

Though they might extend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

if any one is interesed xbox one for 330 on argos,
    Includes Xbox One console, wireless controller, chat headset, HDMI cable, power supply, 14-Day Xbox Live Gold membership.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2585530/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+ONE.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nathan99 wrote: »
    if any one is interesed xbox one for 330 on argos,
    Includes Xbox One console, wireless controller, chat headset, HDMI cable, power supply, 14-Day Xbox Live Gold membership.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2585530/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+ONE.htm

That's just the standard box contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Allyall wrote: »
    Black Flag is less than €4 on CDkeys.
    And it doesn't even feel like a bargain anymore :pac::pac:.. ..

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/assassin-s-creed-iv-4-black-flag-xbox-one

Doubt (m)any will go that low for a while..
    Is that site trustworthy? Never bought from it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Is that site trustworthy? Never bought from it before.

Yes, very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Nolimits wrote: »
    Yes, very much so.
    Thanks, they have good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Can anybody recommend a good price for x box live gold at the moment please?
    I have to get two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

juneg wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a good price for x box live gold at the moment please?
    I have to get two of them

Try cdkeys. 12 month live code is around 34 euro I think

I got it for 33 euro from cardscodes.com.
    Took about 3 hours to arrive but worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Try cdkeys. 12 month live code is around 34 euro I think

I'd actually recommend one of the 12+1 keys that comes in at £26.90 as being the best value they have:

12+2 = 14 for £29.99 ~ £2.14 per month
    12+1 = 13 for £26.90 ~ £2.07 per month (rounded up)
    12 for £24.99 ~ £2.08 per month (rounded down)

Marginal I know, but still no harm in knowing. I bought a 13 month last week and it came in around 34 quid converted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Pay £39.89stg (€58.85) for £50stg (€70) worth of Xbox Live Account Credit.
    Go To CDKeys Facebook page
    (You don't have to enter an email address, just enter any text and press enter for a code.)
    Then go to THIS LINK €70 Xbox Live account credit - €58.85
    (using other currency)

13 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - €35.99 (Again, use FB page for 5% off)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement