Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Nice one

Are they always this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭nowecant

I hope this is not too far off topic.

Does anyone here use a projector for playing xbox? If so do they have any recommendations where to look and costs?

I'm currently looking at something like these http://www.optomausa.com/projectorapplication/Gaming

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

nowecant wrote: »
    I hope this is not too far off topic.

Does anyone here use a projector for playing xbox? If so do they have any recommendations where to look and costs?

I'm currently looking at something like these http://www.optomausa.com/projectorapplication/Gaming

Thanks

I don't, but M!CK on here does, check out the show your setup thread, i think he has it in there

I don't, but M!CK on here does, check out the show your setup thread, i think he has it in there

This the one?
    Nedved85 wrote: »
    Xbox one hooked up to optoma hd200x projector.

If you have the room, a projector is the way to go!

I want to hang my screen off the wall but thats pretty much exactly what I want

This the one?

I want to hang my screen off the wall but thats pretty much exactly what I want

thats not his, he might have posted it in here but it'd take me an age to find it.
    at least you got an idea from that one anyway!

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    A decent projector on a nice clean white wall can look pretty decent but its never going to beat a decent screen. Don't skimp on the projector though! A cheap one will look crap.

Ye its more for having friends over for casual multiplayer rather than serious gaming.

Ive been looking at a few blogs etc about it and it seems the best solution is to pick a price rage, > best projectors/brands in that rage > look for deals on 2 - 3 of them. otherwise there are way to many options to go with.

Ye its more for having friends over for casual multiplayer rather than serious gaming.

Ive been looking at a few blogs etc about it and it seems the best solution is to pick a price rage, > best projectors/brands in that rage > look for deals on 2 - 3 of them. otherwise there are way to many options to go with.

Personally I used to game on a projector myself, but after a while I found the large screen more of a hindrance than a help, too much moving of your head to look at objects at the extreme edges of the display. At the minute I'm using a 50" plasma, sitting about 9 feet back from the screen and Its still pushing it a bit IMO.

I can see the appeal for splitscreen multiplayer though. and the projector was awesome for movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

saints row re-elected with gat out of hell for xbox one is €20 in gamestop at the moment.

It's the first edition so it has two dlc packs included. Plague of frogs and devil's workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I wouldnt go buying a new 360 - get a second hand one for peanuts or buy a One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

To be honest I'd put the 120 extra to it and get an Xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

If you were willing to pay 229 for a 360 , then why wouldnt you just get the xb1?

They were down to 329 not so long ago so your only talking about an extra 100euro

I have a one, never use it.

I pretty much collect consoles at this stage. That blue one is nice, but serious lack of games with it. I know I can get a second hand slim for €135 without the box from CEX.

Anyone here have the blue 360s?

I pretty much collect consoles at this stage. That blue one is nice, but serious lack of games with it. I know I can get a second hand slim for €135 without the box from CEX.

unless you're in a mad rush for it, i'd wait. its surely due a price drop soon, its well overpriced in comparison to the xb one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Go on adverts and buy one with a few games for 100 euros i would not be paying nearly 230 euros for a 10 year old games console at this stage.

Spend on the money on games for the xbox one as there is plenty of games for it now. The borderlands handsome collection, State of Decay, Titanfall and the better version of GTA5.

Have every console myself and the one the gets the must use is the xbox one. My PS4 and WII U never get turned on.

Go on adverts and buy one with a few games for 100 euros i would not be paying nearly 230 euros for a 10 year old games console at this stage.

Spend on the money on games for the xbox one as there is plenty of games for it now. The borderlands handsome collection, State of Decay, Titanfall and the better version of GTA5.

Have every console myself and the one the gets the must use is the xbox one. My PS4 and WII U never get turned on.

Yeah you're right! I'll hold off, pick up a cheap one instead. Just want it for the few exclusives tbh.

The xbone is nice an all but nothing really on it just yet appealing to me. My ps4 and WiiU get most of my time instead.

Yeah you're right! I'll hold off, pick up a cheap one instead. Just want it for the few exclusives tbh.

The xbone is nice an all but nothing really on it just yet appealing to me. My ps4 and WiiU get most of my time instead.

State of Decay is a great 1st party game and maybe completely different to anything you have played before as its a mix of so many different kinds of games its crazy.

Sunset Overdrive is a fantastic 1st party game from the makers of Ratchet & Clank is basically the same kind of jokes and gameplay of Ratchet & Clank taking to a new lv.

Forza Horizon 2 is one of the best racing games you can play and hands down looks fantastic and looks like what every game on the xbox one should look like.

Halo the master chief collection the 1st 4 halos and all the map packs on one disk what more could you won't ?. Yes the online was brokering at the start but its all working fine now so well worth picking up.

You could pick up all 4 games for about €100 euros if you look and you will have endless gameplay with the best 1st party games the xbox one has to offer and all games are completely different from one another if you don't like any of them maybe you should think about why you play video games as there some of the best reviewed and best games off the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone seen any particularly good prices for GTAV on Xbox One? Preowned or not doesn't matter, just have a hankering to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dziabong

This is for the ppl who would like to buy Witcher 3 digital version . Price atm on market is 63 euro , but if u create a new account and set region to Poland game in pre-order is 186zl (polish currency) even with the euro been weak recently the price will be around 46euro. This might work if u change your main account region but im not sure . Anyway im buying it with my brother on separate account so we can share it and price is going to 23 euro :)

oh and Lord of Fallen limited edition 23.99e in xtra-vision marketplace
    sorry but cant post links yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

just had alook in cex earlier lots of price drops on xbox one games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Have an Xbox One resrved in Argos,€329 with Forza Horizon 2 ,they also have Halo bundle for the same price.Any one know of a better deal than this?

ben101 wrote: »
    Have an Xbox One resrved in Argos,€329 with Forza Horizon 2 ,they also have Halo bundle for the same price.Any one know of a better deal than this?

Nope thats the best deal your going to get and its quite a bargain

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Picked this up today, great deal. Now I have both Ps4 and the One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Those who have just got a new console should get EA Access for an instant library of games that include NHL 15, Madden 15, NBA 15, UFC, Need For Speed, Peggle 2, Plants Vs Zombies. Fifa 15 was added to it today. Crazy value collection for less than the price of one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

just ordered Project cars from Littlewoods Ireland for 57 euros.....

70 euro in GameStop.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-one-project-cars/1452051018.prd

just ordered Project cars from Littlewoods Ireland for 57 euros.....

70 euro in GameStop.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-one-project-cars/1452051018.prd

I hope you're not in a rush to play it, their delivery times are horrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I hope you're not in a rush to play it, their delivery times are horrid.

I can wait, playing Farcry 4 and Evil within.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Those who have just got a new console should get EA Access for an instant library of games that include NHL 15, Madden 15, NBA 15, UFC, Need For Speed, Peggle 2, Plants Vs Zombies. Fifa 15 was added to it today. Crazy value collection for less than the price of one game.
    Just picked up the Forza bundle today,how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just download the EA Access App and sign up, it's €25 (?) for a year's subscription and you get access to all the above games as well as anything else that gets added

• Advertisement

Just picked up the Forza bundle today,how does that work?

Basically you pay €25 euros for the year from the store on the xbox and you can download all them games to your xbox and play them for as long as you keep paying EA Access.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement