Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Traded in WatchDogs in Xtravision and got €60 for it - put €30 against their Tomb Raider deal and put the other €30 against Fifa 15. Nice.

They are currently doing 50% extra more on trade-in's (so WatchDogs is €40 + €20)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just picked up Ryse and the play and charge kit for just under €40 - nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Oh yeah just seen Ryse & Dead Rising 3 are €24.99 in Xtravision too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Corvo wrote: »
    Traded in WatchDogs in Xtravision and got €60 for it - put €30 against their Tomb Raider deal and put the other €30 against Fifa 15. Nice.

They are currently doing 50% extra more on trade-in's (so WatchDogs is €40 + €20)

Which xtravision branch did you get this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Which xtravision branch did you get this in.

Wexford. But imagine it's across all stores. 50% extra is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Picked up Ryse in Bray and got the last copy of Dead Rising on the Smyths website.

Dead Rising arrived this morning in a box so big it could fit 15 copies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I picked up Forza in Smyths Jervis Street earlier today. I meant to grab it when it was reduced on the live store recently but missed it. I'm not a huge racing game fan and I didn't want to pay big bucks for it so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Shred wrote: »
    I picked up Forza in Smyths Jervis Street earlier today. I meant to grab it when it was reduced on the live store recently but missed it. I'm not a huge racing game fan and I didn't want to pay big bucks for it so happy days!
    Let us know what you think of it. I'm not a big racing fan either, but might consider it at that price.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Let us know what you think of it. I'm not a big racing fan either, but might consider it at that price.

Pretty good imo, not as good as 4 though. The drivatars are both a blessing and a curse, they keep the racing close on higher difficulties, but can also be very aggressive using the worst array of driving skills, eg using you as a brake and using the pit manoeuvre to spin your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Cheapest place to get a xbox one pad? xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Lamposts wrote: »
    Amazon are currently cheapest at £33.10 (~€43) with free postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Is there any problems buying games off the US marketplace? if not can someone let me know how as I really do prefer having the digital copies but I just paid 70 quid for watchdogs..

podgemk wrote: »
    Is there any problems buying games off the US marketplace? if not can someone let me know how as I really do prefer having the digital copies but I just paid 70 quid for watchdogs..

No problems using U.S store. Just switch region in system settings to U.S, go to purchase what you want and enter your details using a fake U.S address. Use Oregon or New Hampshire as these states have 0% sales tax.

Watch Dogs cost me €42 on the day it came out purchasing digitally this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

What shop tends to be the cheapest for new releases and best for trades? I know CEX is generally better than everywhere for trades and before HMV closed down they were best for new release prices but they aren't like that since they reopened. Any advice? Do Smyths still do their discount with the card? Does anywhere do student discount.... etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    What shop tends to be the cheapest for new releases and best for trades? I know CEX is generally better than everywhere for trades and before HMV closed down they were best for new release prices but they aren't like that since they reopened. Any advice? Do Smyths still do their discount with the card? Does anywhere do student discount.... etc

Best for new releases might actually be the American digital store. Haven't done it myself, but the exchange rate is meant to help an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Would 380 without Kinect be the best price around to buy an xb1 soon? Can't see any cheaper but maybe someone might know of somewhere

TheGunns wrote: »
    Would 380 without Kinect be the best price around to buy an xb1 soon? Can't see any cheaper but maybe someone might know of somewhere

Yeah, pity they aren't giving a free copy of Titanfall atm or that would be even better.

Might be a good idea to wait and see what Argos do the Fifa 15 + no Kinect bundle next month for or wait for another free game offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

CatInABox wrote: »
    Best for new releases might actually be the American digital store. Haven't done it myself, but the exchange rate is meant to help an awful lot.

Can't trade them in though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭CiaranW

TheGunns wrote: »

Last week would've been cheap. Had you known anybody who worked in Argos.
    I got an Xbox One, Titanfall (which is awful and I'm going to trade in for Destiny) and play and charge kit for €325 because one of my mates worked in Argos and had a 20% discount week.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Lamposts wrote: »

I bought a used one on amazon for 26 sterling, used parcel motel. Still worked out 15 euro or more cheaper than even adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Its reduced on the xbox store at the moment, just wondering if anyone bought it and would recommend it or not?

Thanks
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Its reduced on the xbox store at the moment, just wondering if anyone bought it and would recommend it or not?

Thanks
    -Toppy-

Edit: Some people now saying it's the trial version. I really hope not.

It's currently free because of a pricing error, grab it before it's fixed:

Edit: False alarm it's only a trial version, bit crap they gave no indication it was a trial on the store page.

http://store.xbox.com/en-ie/Xbox-One/Games/Trials-Fusion/4bf57e2c-173a-4764-bee7-fe93e0613204

• Registered Users Posts: 45,844 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's currently free because of a pricing error, grab it before it's fixed:

http://store.xbox.com/en-ie/Xbox-One/Games/Trials-Fusion/4bf57e2c-173a-4764-bee7-fe93e0613204

Awesome - looking forward to playing that now!

Thanks very much for the heads up!

hmmm, says the transaction completed, but I can find no proof in my account that it worked - and not home for another few hours.

Hopefull it did work - though it is not showing up in transactions in my account or the commerce site, the fact it is 'free' might explain that though.

Some people now saying it's the trial version. I really hope not, I even picked it up and I don't have an Xbox One because for €0.00 I see no reason not to.

Really hope it's not the trial version. Spotted this on reddit gaming deals about 5 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

LEGEND. Thanks for this

Some people now saying it's the trial version. I really hope not, I even picked it up and I don't have an Xbox One because for €0.00 I see no reason not to.

Really hope it's not the trial version. Spotted this on reddit gaming deals about 5 minutes ago.

Navigated to it through the store site (rather than the direct link) and this 0.00 version is the only one to be downloaded, so I would assume it is the full version.

It's the trial apparently. I got my friend to do it through the link. Then he went to the full game in game store on xbox and it said installing trial...

Navigated to it through the store site (rather than the direct link) and this 0.00 version is the only one to be downloaded, so I would assume it is the full version.

Two people on that reddit link saying they started it up to find it's a trial, seems to be a false alarm.

I'll go back to pretending to do work now... :(

• Advertisement

It's strange because even when you click Major Nelsons link for 'Buy Trials Fusion now' it brings you to the link for €0.00 :confused:

http://majornelson.com/2014/04/16/trials-fusion-now-available-on-xbox-one-and-xbox-360/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement