Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I want to do this trade up but I really want to keep my day one controller :/
    I was the same until I looked down at it and realised its just a small bit of writing on the top saying Day 1.

Microsoft could have put a bit more effort into a Day 1 controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I was the same until I looked down at it and realised its just a small bit of writing on the top saying Day 1.

True. My left analogue is a little worn too. I'll try, see what they say shor. Last time, I traded my 360 one in which was really bad they made a comment like "That's some serious COD playing" or some ****. Cheeky ****ers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Actually does anyone know if the TECH10 code will work to give 10% off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Aidan No1

Hey Gamers!!!

I had bills I had to pay!!! but now I am flush and looking to bounce my 360 and pick up a new Xbox one. What deals are around ideally want to trade my 360 and 2 games in as part of the deal. Anyone know what my best option is.

See you in the cloud

Aidan No1 wrote:
    I had bills I had to pay!!! but now I am flush and looking to bounce my 360 and pick up a new Xbox one. What deals are around ideally want to trade my 360 and 2 games in as part of the deal. Anyone know what my best option is.

What kind of 360 and what size hdd is in it?

• Advertisement

The bumper buttons on the new controller are much better. I like the camo pattern also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah just picked mine up, agree the bumpers feel sturdier or something - happy with that, think I'll trade the spare controller in tomorrow for another one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone looking to upgrade their controller...CeX give 35 cash for the regular xbox one controller and Argos has the new one with the 3.5mm jack for 45 euro. Good deal, especially if you have something lying around the house that CeX will give a tenner for!

Picked up mine today, great deal at the moment. CeX in limerick seems to have a healthy stock of Gen1 controllers too :)

Might pick up another in Argos at €44.99, seems to be excellent value and hard to know if the price will increase in a while.

Thanks for the tip :)

Myself and a friend traded our day one controllers into cex today and picked up new controller from Argos. They never even checked the controllers in cex, noob in the till ha. Thanks for the bargain alert :)

All they did in CeX for me was put batteries in and confirm it turned on!

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    All they did in CeX for me was put batteries in and confirm it turned on!
    ... They never even checked the controllers in cex, noob in the till ha. Thanks for the bargain alert :)

I'll have to start going to your CEX stores, mine feckin CSI everything I bring them.

I am pretty sure they dust my gear to take prints and run DNA before buying it off me :p

backglassnew.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

That's total bull**** from cex tho not checking the controllers. If someone trades in a broken one some poor ****er is gona be sickened and have to go back and return it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

rottie 11 wrote: »
    That's total bull**** from cex tho not checking the controllers. If someone trades in a broken one some poor ****er is gona be sickened and have to go back and return it ha

Do you want to send me back the one I gave you? I erm might have a home for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Do you want to send me back the one I gave you? I erm might have a home for it :D

Lol ya no prob pm your address :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Funny, I was in there at lunch time and ye man played some game for nearly 5 fecking minutes with my controller before giving me the case. I traded in the day one controller which felt like cheap crap plastic and it would snap. The covert one feels a lot more sturdier and has the 3.5mm jack so overall happy with that

I'll have to start going to your CEX stores, mine feckin CSI everything I bring them.

I am pretty sure they dust my gear to take prints and run DNA before buying it off me :p

backglassnew.jpg

Although not quite that intensive :p

I had to leave my controller with them for twenty minutes for testing today, it was pretty much as new and no sign of wear as it was a spare.

I'm going to send the missus down with mine tomorrow. Known my luck shell come back wait €10 :D

I think these controllers have the wireless update functionality too. Don't see it wrote anywhere but I think they do. When I checked for update too it went as if it was doing an update but then said there was none available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Deffo going to give this a try tomorrow. The left stick on mine drifts if I push down on it. Any one had success in Limerick store?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Have the plain black ones with the 3.5 jack been released over here yet? I can't find one anywhere.

• Advertisement

trixiebust wrote: »
    Deffo going to give this a try tomorrow. The left stick on mine drifts if I push down on it. Any one had success in Limerick store?

Success as in trading in to CeX and buying from Argos? Yeah, handy to have both on Cruises street too although CeX did test for twenty minutes which gave me time for an Orange mocha frappuccino :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

amadablam wrote: »
    Success as in trading in to CeX and buying from Argos? Yeah, handy to have both on Cruises street too although CeX did test for twenty minutes which gave me time for an Orange mocha frappuccino :p

Thanks, have a controller reserved in Argos, Cruises St. Now all I need is a light handed sales assistant to test it in CEX...prefer one of those iced coffe thingys myself!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Good to see some Limerick people on the Xbox forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I think these controllers have the wireless update functionality too. Don't see it wrote anywhere but I think they do. When I checked for update too it went as if it was doing an update but then said there was none available.

Yeah they do have wireless updates, I picked my one up yesterday. I also noticed that it is slightly heavier that the Gen 1 controller. Some of the plastics are slightly thicker. The shoulder buttons are alot better but everything else seems to be the same.

amadablam wrote: »
    Diablo Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition Xbox One

€10 in Smyths, savage value for ten euro.

Still two copies as of today at €10 in Smyths, Jetland, Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone looking to upgrade their controller...CeX give 35 cash for the regular xbox one controller and Argos has the new one with the 3.5mm jack for 45 euro. Good deal, especially if you have something lying around the house that CeX will give a tenner for!

Cheers for this. Got mine today. Cex only took about 10 mins with my old one. The new bumpers are so much better. Anyone else think the sticks are slightly looser too?

I thought the sticks were firmer and springier or something when I compared it to my day one, which I traded in today for another covert ops :)

Cheers for the headsup FutureGuy

I thought the sticks were firmer and springier or something when I compared it to my day one, which I traded in today for another covert ops :)

Same.

Here lads calm down with the trade ins CEX will cop on before I get a chance to get down :(

• Advertisement

Cheers for the headsup FutureGuy
    Its really difficult to compare because a Day 1 controller has almost 2 years wear and tear.

I'd like to compare a new controller - old version with the new covert forces controller to see what the difference is like.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Here lads calm down with the trade ins CEX will cop on before I get a chance to get down :(
    MASSSS TRADEEEE INNNNNNN!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement