Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Its really difficult to compare because a Day 1 controller has almost 2 years wear and tear.

I'd like to compare a new controller - old version with the new covert forces controller to see what the difference is like.

MASSSS TRADEEEE INNNNNNN!!

Ive just bought my xbox 2 weeks ago, so wont be taking up this deal, as dont want to trade in a brand new controller already. If it was a year old one I would, but ill still pick up the covert one for multiplayer and compare the two if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Its really difficult to compare because a Day 1 controller has almost 2 years wear and tear.

I'd like to compare a new controller - old version with the new covert forces controller to see what the difference is like.

I replaced a Day One controller (my 4th iirc) recently and found the standard replacement to be slightly looser stickwise*. Replaced that today with the covert one and found it to be slightly looser stickwise*

*May not have a clue anymore with the amount of replacement controllers I've been through since Day One. :)

The covert one feels great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/sniper-elite-3-xbox-one/dgc-se3xbox1.htm

Sniper elite is only 12 sterling, I quite enjoyed the second one so I grabbed it. Shipping to Ireland is 1.50 sterling. Well worth it in my opinion.

Well worth it, very enjoyable especially if you like the previous games. Im tempted to rebuy the ultimate edition for the DLC.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Lads do you need a micro USB cable when trading in the controller? going to head into town tomorrow and try my luck

No, not at all. Take the batteries out too. *uck 'em. :) Took 10 minutes.

Not to take the batteries out :D. Cex checking, but that was at 10am just after opening, would imagine it's busier later on.

• Advertisement

Lads do you need a micro USB cable when trading in the controller? going to head into town tomorrow and try my luck

No they don't come with one, the cable comes with the charge kits.

Should there be a new thread for the new controller vs. the old controller? I've noticed a few differences but haven't a clue how to start a new thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Should there be a new thread for the new controller vs. the old controller? I've noticed a few differences but haven't a clue how to start a new thread.
    Done:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96424851#post96424851

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Tinie wrote: »
    Ive just bought my xbox 2 weeks ago, so wont be taking up this deal, as dont want to trade in a brand new controller already. If it was a year old one I would, but ill still pick up the covert one for multiplayer and compare the two if I remember.

Traded in my controller in cex today, which had been replaced a few months back in argos. Managed to reserve the last covert forces in Argos Childers Road in Limerick so they must be going fast!

I bought this wired controller in argos for multiplayer when it was half price
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3486528/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+CONTROLLER.htm

Its actually pretty good and the cable stretches quite a long distance. You can change the illumination colour on the controller also which is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Colemania wrote: »
    Traded in my controller in cex today, which had been replaced a few months back in argos. Managed to reserve the last covert forces in Argos Childers Road in Limerick so they must be going fast!

I bought this wired controller in argos for multiplayer when it was half price
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3486528/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+CONTROLLER.htm

Its actually pretty good and the cable stretches quite a long distance. You can change the illumination colour on the controller also which is pretty cool.

Got mine today aswell. Had the last one reserved in Cruises St. CEX told me to call back in 45mins because they wanted to test it, even though the place was quiet. Must be flooded with controllers at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

trixiebust wrote: »
    Must be flooded with controllers at this stage!

Someone should have taken a note of how many they had before this bargain was posted :pac:

76 in stock in all stores now. Maybe 50 before hand I'd guess :P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Someone should have taken a note of how many they had before this bargain was posted :pac:

76 in stock in all stores now. Maybe 50 before hand I'd guess :P

Gen 1 controller, RIP. I shall miss you, even though your shoulders buttons drove me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

trixiebust wrote: »
    Got mine today aswell. Had the last one reserved in Cruises St. CEX told me to call back in 45mins because they wanted to test it, even though the place was quiet. Must be flooded with controllers at this stage!

Actually tried to reserve the cruises Street one as someone was in town at the time but it was gone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Someone should have taken a note of how many they had before this bargain was posted

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    76 in stock in all stores now. Maybe 50 before hand I'd guess

Pretty sure I saw 65 when I checked couple days ago when the idea was first mooted

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Gen 1 controller, RIP. I shall miss you, even though your shoulders buttons drove me mad.

we got the xbox one last November
    would our controllers be gen 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

km79 wrote: »

Yes they would be the new controllers have only came in the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

km79 wrote: »

The only way to get a black Gen 2 controller at the moment is to buy the 1TB version of the Xbox One. 99% of people will have a Gen 1 controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerard98

Hey guys would anyone know where I could get a power brick for an xbox 360 slim?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gerard98 wrote: »
    Hey guys would anyone know where I could get a power brick for an xbox 360 slim?

You can order generic ones from ebay that are fine:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/AC-Power-Supply-Charger-Adapter-for-Microsoft-Xbox-360-Slim-Game-Console-UK-Plug-/321697520553?hash=item4ae6aa9ba9

There's also a few on Adverts.ie second hand if you need it sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I was in Salou all week and spotted this in a GAME store, didn't realise this existed!
    Tjinsxfl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I was in Salou all week and spotted this in a GAME store, didn't realise this existed!
    Tjinsxfl.jpg

That's an absolute bargain. Just starred playing wwe again, I forgot how much fun it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    That's an absolute bargain. Just starred playing wwe again, I forgot how much fun it is :D
    Ah nice one, I'm a big WWE gamer which one were you playing?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone looking to upgrade their controller...CeX give 35 cash for the regular xbox one controller and Argos has the new one with the 3.5mm jack for 45 euro. Good deal, especially if you have something lying around the house that CeX will give a tenner for!

Just wanna say thanks for this, pushed me to switch em up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/628497119050133504

Elite controller almost half price, very tempted.

It's UK, so I don't know if they deliver to Ireland

Controller.

Gift Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/628497119050133504

Elite controller almost half price, very tempted.

It's UK, so I don't know if they deliver to Ireland

Controller.

Gift Card.

You could use parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Controller out of Stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Controller out of Stock :(

At that price I would say it was sold out within 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

logik wrote: »
    At that price I would say it was sold out within 30 minutes.

It was gone in minutes. GameSpot and one of the other gaming mags posted it on their websites as well.

Well annoyed I missed out as I'm def buying one on launch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

For anyone looking to get xbox credit for their Irish account gameladen.com have 4200 points cards, which gets you €50.40 credit, for €42.45 and you can get 3% off with a facebook like. I've used them a few times and never had a problem, they rang me the first time to confirm the order but I've received the codes within 10-15 mins every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dor83 wrote: »
    For anyone looking to get xbox credit for their Irish account gameladen.com have 4200 points cards, which gets you €50.40 credit, for €42.45 and you can get 3% off with a facebook like. I've used them a few times and never had a problem, they rang me the first time to confirm the order but I've received the codes within 10-15 mins every time.

50 euro can be got a g2a.com for 40

https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-50-euro-card-eu.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement