Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It was gone in minutes. GameSpot and one of the other gaming mags posted it on their websites as well.

Well annoyed I missed out as I'm def buying one on launch :)

Do you have use for it? Is it really going to give you an edge? I am a little skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

logik wrote: »
    Do you have use for it? Is it really going to give you an edge? I am a little skeptical.

Yea I play a lot of Xbox :)

I don't drink or smoke and I treat myself to Xbox stuff when I have some spare cash.

Like I posted when it was first announced I would play games for around 20 hours a week. I'd expect the console/controller to last at the very least 3 years. Therefore its costing me 5c an hour to own the controller. €150x(20hoursx52weeksx3years)= €0.048

Or when I used to drink I'd easily spend €150 on a night out for feck all bar a hangover :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea I play a lot of Xbox :)

I don't drink or smoke and I treat myself to Xbox stuff when I have some spare cash.

Like I posted when it was first announced I would play games for around 20 hours a week. I'd expect the console/controller to last at the very least 3 years. Therefore its costing me 5c an hour to own the controller. €150x(20hoursx52weeksx3years)= €0.048

Or when I used to drink I'd easily spend €150 on a night out for feck all bar a hangover :D

Not questioning your justification mate :) I also play alot of Xbox, always have done but I am trying to see what this controller will offer me over the Gen 2 pad.

I don't drink or smoke either, so money is not the issue, it is, "what will I actually use this controller for". Would I be better off buying a few games for the console?

I play all types of games including FPS, will this controller really give me an edge?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

logik wrote: »
    Not questioning your justification mate :) I also play alot of Xbox, always have done but I am trying to see what this controller will offer me over the Gen 2 pad.

I don't drink or smoke either, so money is not the issue, it is, "what will I actually use this controller for". Would I be better off buying a few games for the console?

I play all types of games including FPS, will this controller really give me an edge?
    was wondering the same thing.it if works like they claim or is it just a gimmick.Will be a big hit if it gives even the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ben101 wrote: »
    was wondering the same thing.it if works like they claim or is it just a gimmick.Will be a big hit if it gives even the edge.

Not a gimmick, just a little picey for what it is. With the mappable paddles on the back you can do stuff like crouch, shoot and look around at the same time unlike with the standard controller as you'd need to take your thumb off.

• Advertisement

Not a gimmick, just a little picey for what it is. With the mappable paddles on the back you can do stuff like crouch, shoot and look around at the same time unlike with the standard controller as you'd need to take your thumb off.

Suppose I will just have to wait and see. There may be to much going on with 4 extra map able buttons, especially in the heat of a fire fight in BF4 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had a Scuf One and I used to use it a lot. Unfortunately when you plugged in the headset adaptor the paddles were much harder to press.

Now on the Elite it'll be so handy to remap every button. For example in Destiny I can move B to one of the new buttons on the back and now my right thumb never has to leave the right stick and I can stay on target at all times.

Trigger stops are great as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone know if Cex buy Xbox 360 wireless adaptors? If not, where should I sell it and for how much? Caught for cash at the moment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know if Cex buy Xbox 360 wireless adaptors? If not, where should I sell it and for how much? Caught for cash at the moment.

They do, €10 for the older one and €22 for the newer one.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They do, €10 for the older one and €22 for the newer one.
    You're right, I checked the website. Think I should take what I can get and sell it in there?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You're right, I checked the website. Think I should take what I can get and sell it in there?

Not sure to be honest, you might get a bit more if you go through adverts or done deal maybe? Particularly if it's the black one with the two antennae.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not sure to be honest, you might get a bit more if you go through adverts or done deal maybe? Particularly if it's the black one with the two antennae.
    It's the white one so I might be better off trading into Cex but I'll look around at those sites as well. Thanks for the help Mick!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

thats not a lot for it. you might do better in a private sale - have a look through the older threads on here, you occasionally see people looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057464731

I dont know if this person ever got sorted, maybe send them a PM?

I messaged the guy, he got sorted. Thanks anyway Stone Deaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Xbox One for €299 (€323.83 Delivered) on Amazon Germany.
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00KB2WXJ8/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

On the new controller thing, I have one booked in jervis and my own with me today for CEXy time but as I was using a battery pack I couldnt find the battery cover. Are they interchangeable?

sweetie wrote: »
    On the new controller thing, I have one booked in jervis and my own with me today for CEXy time but as I was using a battery pack I couldnt find the battery cover. Are they interchangeable?

Yes all same color and shape

Not a huge bargain but the rare collection is €25 in argos. Seems to be €30 in other Irish shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Well worth it at €25

• Advertisement

How many games is it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

How many games is it again?
    30 games in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

its 30 digitally and 19ish on hungarian store but I think i'll get this in argos. cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

sweetie wrote: »
    its 30 digitally and 19ish on hungarian store but I think i'll get this in argos. cheers

Might as well get it physical instead of digital, as cant see myself anyway playing it again after I finish most games, so might as well get some cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »
    30 games in total.

Plus it unlocks Rash as a playable character in Killer Instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Seems like a bargain at the moment, especially for the 1TB model. Argos are doing Xbox One - 1TB version for €379.99 http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=111&partNumber=4254302

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Gamestop doing the 1tb version with fifa 16 for 399 aswel. Not a bad deal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The is a free car pack for Forza Horizon 2 players on XB1. You can get it by the Forza Hub app.

The cars are: 2015 Volvo S60 Polestar, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI, 1997 McLaren F1 GT, 1978 Ford Mustang 2 King Cobra, 1952 Fiat 8V Supersonic.

In addition to those cars, you get a free 1986 Honda Civic Si.

Offer ends at the 11th of August.

I had 198 cars in my garage before I got these cars. Now I have 204 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Gamestop doing the 1tb version with fifa 16 for 399 aswel. Not a bad deal

That's FIFA 16 and a 12 month EA Access sub for €399

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

That's FIFA 16 and a 12 month EA Access sub for €399

Even better bargain so. It didn't mention the ea access sub in the email I got

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement