Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So with all the great work MS has been doing lately to turn around their initial terrible approach to the Xbox One, I'm tempted to buy one.

Any rumours yet of a possible price drop for the Christmas market? What's the general feeling?

I'm in no rush as I already have a PS4 and will probably use the One for exclusives and things like Rainbow Six Siege (amazing they will include the older games!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Even better bargain so. It didn't mention the ea access sub in the email I got

Doesn't mention it on the website either, but it is a pack in from MS as shown on the box art
    Xbox_One_1TB_FIFA_Bundle_Back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    The is a free car pack for Forza Horizon 2 players on XB1. You can get it by the Forza Hub app.

The cars are: 2015 Volvo S60 Polestar, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI, 1997 McLaren F1 GT, 1978 Ford Mustang 2 King Cobra, 1952 Fiat 8V Supersonic.

In addition to those cars, you get a free 1986 Honda Civic Si.

Offer ends at the 11th of August.

I had 198 cars in my garage before I got these cars. Now I have 204 :D
    Im not around internet for my xbox for a while yet. Does anyone know if I can get these some other way, or does it have to be the hub on the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

kiddums wrote: »
    Im not around internet for my xbox for a while yet. Does anyone know if I can get these some other way, or does it have to be the hub on the console?

I'm afraid you can only get them through the Forza Hub on your console. It stated it on the e-mail I got from Microsoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

If there's a friend you can trust to sign in on your behalf, they could claim the cars through the hub and it'll download to your console when you sign in. You could change the password specifically for them and change it back when its done. It's not an easy solution but it would work if you really need the new cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got that car pack at the weekend, Tbh, unless the 1984 Honda civic is near to your heart, it's pretty forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Got that car pack at the weekend, Tbh, unless the 1984 Honda civic is near to your heart, it's pretty forgettable.

The Civic isn't, but the Charger Daytona is one of my all time favorite cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I won't even bother driving the Civic. The Fiat 8V Supersonic stole my heart.

The 1TB console is now €369.99 in Argos. Price valid until the 7th of December.

Doesn't look a bad deal.

Anyone find any better bundles at the moment for the 1TB console?

EDIT: I see the 1TB with FIFA 16 for €399.99 in Gamestop.

Some places are selling the 1TB on it's own for €449.99.

Think I'll keep a close eye on prices and take the plunge closer to Christmas.

That email from game stop was a bit misleading.

In the title it said 1tb cosole but when you click into the email it shows in the picture 500gb + Kinect + fifa 15 for 399 for plus members only.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/628497119050133504

Elite controller almost half price, very tempted.

It's UK, so I don't know if they deliver to Ireland

Controller.

Gift Card.

Boooo.

Amazon cancelled all the orders for the controller at the sale price, saying it was a mistake. Ah well.

See here.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Boooo.

Amazon cancelled all the orders for the controller at the sale price, saying it was a mistake. Ah well.

See here.

just had a mini rollercoaster of emotion, euphoria at the thought of getting it half price, disappointment at seeing that they cancelled the old orders, then schadenfreude at that fact that "if I cant have it, no one can" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

just had a mini rollercoaster of emotion, euphoria at the thought of getting it half price, disappointment at seeing that they cancelled the old orders, then schadenfreude at that fact that "if I cant have it, no one can" :D

Haha, evil bastid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Fifa 16 is on cdkeys.com for 53 euros pre order, it varies day to day and haven't used them myself for pre-orders but normal orders are grand. Hoping they pop up with something for Forza 6, they're usually good with bundled games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I see anyone that bought the elite controller off Amazon last week for half price will be receiving a refund. Amazon have said it was a pricing error and they are cancelling all orders.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-04-129-xbox-one-elite-wireless-controller-nearly-half-price-at-amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Key Giveaway for PC, PS4 and Xbox One

It's actually a pre-order Beta key. I ordered mine this morning, I think it said i will be notified in September. I signed both me and the Nephew up (PS4 and Xbox One).
    1. Go to www.rainbow6.com/beta.
    2. Select “REDEEM CODE”
    3. Select your platform of choice.
    4. Click “NEXT” to log in to Uplay, or create a Uplay account.
    5. Enter your unique Access Code from this Closed Beta widget.
    6. Once confirmation is received, Ubisoft will contact you with your access instructions for your platform of choice when the Closed Beta starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

gamestop has thief new for a tenner.

Seagate 1TB drive for 56.99 Seems like a good price?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1427187.htm

Seagate 1TB drive for 56.99 Seems like a good price?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1427187.htm

I got the 2tb for only 14 euros more, might be better off trying to get that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I got the 2tb for only 14 euros more, might be better off trying to get that?

Was that with Argos as well? I wouldn't mind picking up one myself.

amadablam wrote: »
    Was that with Argos as well? I wouldn't mind picking up one myself.

Yeah, got it in a sale at the start of the year in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Have a cheap eBay charge kit for the xbox one controller but it doesn't hold a charge for longer than a days gaming.

What would be recommended to charge the controller? The official xbox play and charge kit or get rechargeable batteries? Also, what's the cheapest place to get the play and charge kit? 20.99 in argos is cheapest I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Colemania wrote: »
    Have a cheap eBay charge kit for the xbox one controller but it doesn't hold a charge for longer than a days gaming.

What would be recommended to charge the controller? The official xbox play and charge kit or get rechargeable batteries? Also, what's the cheapest place to get the play and charge kit? 20.99 in argos is cheapest I've seen

Don't know about rechargeable batteries, I use the official play n charge kit. Get about 3 full days ( heavy sessions included ) from mine. Say you won't get cheaper, mine cost me 28 yoyo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have the official play and charge kit. It still holds a great charge almost 2 years later after a crazy amount of hours played. It comes with a good long cable also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I use orb play n charge kit. I get about a day and a half out of one but alot less with the headset plugged in. Once one goes dead I always have the other one in charge so it's grand. I paid 12 euro for a double pack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Energizer rechargeable batteries ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Energizer rechargeable batteries ftw.

How long do they last?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

How long do they last?

They just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going.....

I realise that there's probably at least a generation here who have no idea what that reference is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

How long do they last?

I never timed them exactly but they do seem to last a long time for me even when they're a year old.

As far as I can find the official play and charge kit has a 1200-1400mah battery. They Energizer ones are usually 2000-2400mah so up to double the capacity.

I also find the energizer batteries don't lose their hold as quick as they age.

When they do start getting short life after a year or 2 then it's as simple as picking up a new 4 pack in tesco, argos or online instead of having to buy a whole new play and charge kit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement