Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I like using the Panasonic Eneloops

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KBRADY

miralize wrote: »
    I like using the Panasonic Eneloops

2nd that, eneloops are the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭boardbro

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Xbox One 36e (facebook 5% off)
    i saw this is out soon and this is the cheapest i found, is it a good deal worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Not sure this is exactly the right place for this, but I had an elite controller preorder. The price as a lot of people will know went down to £75 a few weeks ago, last week they sent out emails to people who ordered at that price saying it was an error and the price went back up to £119.99. At the time pre-orders weren't affected, they are now but I got onto support and with no hassle it was changed back to £75.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

boardbro wrote: »
    Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Xbox One 36e (facebook 5% off)
    i saw this is out soon and this is the cheapest i found, is it a good deal worth buying?

I'd say it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is this Elite controller made of gold? Obscene price imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Liamalone wrote: »

Well that's the price the scuf controllers go for. This will be better than a scuf imo especially with the changeable parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Liamalone wrote: »

It's called elite for a reason. It has customisable button configurations, removable paddles and far more accurate dead zones, and is in every way, a better controller designed for people who take gaming more seriously than most. It's not made of gold, but to expect a premium product for something closer to the 60 RRP of the regular controller is foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

KBRADY wrote: »
    2nd that, eneloops are the way to go

Sure are, AAA for my Turtlebeach headset and AA for the controller. Top quality, been using them for a couple of years now. I use Sanyo ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shane lad

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the xbox one fifa 16 bundle. The cheapest price I see is 370 in Argos. Any cheaper? Also, does anyone know what's in the box, like a headset or any cables?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

shane lad wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the xbox one fifa 16 bundle. The cheapest price I see is 370 in Argos. Any cheaper? Also, does anyone know what's in the box, like a headset or any cables?
    Thanks

Argos is generally considered the cheapest in here, and has been for some time. They change their deals every month or so, there a few posters in here who'll know more on it than I will.

There's a HDMI cable in the box, along with a fairly cheap headset, or at least there used to be anyway, I got it on day one,so they may have dropped it since. You might want to look into either getting a play and charge kit, or some rechargeable batteries.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Argos is generally considered the cheapest in here, and has been for some time. They change their deals every month or so, there a few posters in here who'll know more on it than I will.

There's a HDMI cable in the box, along with a fairly cheap headset, or at least there used to be anyway, I got it on day one,so they may have dropped it since. You might want to look into either getting a play and charge kit, or some rechargeable batteries.

Thanks mate, was wondering because I was reading about it and it had what was in the box listed. There was no cables or headset listed. Surely a hdmi cable would be included?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Thanks mate, was wondering because I was reading about it and it had what was in the box listed. There was no cables or headset listed. Surely a hdmi cable would be included?
    Cheers

I got a headset and hdmi cable with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CatInABox wrote: »

There is also an EA Access sub card in the FIFA 16 bundles, 1 month with the 500GB version and 12 months with the 1TB version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There is also an EA Access sub card in the FIFA 16 bundles, 1 month with the 500GB version and 12 months with the 1TB version.

1 year sub to ea access with 1tb edition? That's decent!

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I got a headset and hdmi cable with mine

Did you just get the normal xbox?
    I'm just not sure about the fifa 16 bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

dude they all come with a hdmi and headset. don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sweetie wrote: »
    dude they all come with a hdmi and headset. don't worry

HDMI cables can be got for €3 in dealz anyway, so no big panic even if they didnt.

e1.49 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

HDMI cables can be got for €3 in dealz anyway, so no big panic even if they didnt.

Yeah, but the Xbox requires a HDCP compliant HDMI. Tried to use a cheap one and it wouldn't work, ended up using the one that came with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

All of the Xbox packages are the same, it would actually cost them money to exclude something small like a HDMI cable, as they'd have to maintain two or more SKUs of the base model.

In addition, most of the "official" bundled games, like Halo or Fifa, will come as a digital code rather than as a disk. Games that are included by a retailer will probably come as a disk.

Yeah, but the Xbox requires a HDCP compliant HDMI. Tried to use a cheap one and it wouldn't work, ended up using the one that came with it.

I just used the Dealz €1.49 HDMI with my XB1 and it worked fine...

Had the Halo console bundle reserved in Argos but it never came in and now it has disappeared off of their site so looking at alternatives. The best value seems to be the upcoming Fifa 16 bundle as I can easily sell on the game/code but I'd prefer to get one sooner. Anyone spotted any good deals on the console of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Smyths have the Halo bundle, it's 399.99. How much was it in Argos?

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-752/xbox-one-consoles/p-12044/xbox-one-halo-master-chief-collection-console-bundle/

Edit: Seems you can get another game on top of that for 419.99 altogether.

Gizmo55 wrote: »

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-752/xbox-one-consoles/p-12044/xbox-one-halo-master-chief-collection-console-bundle/

Argos had it for 350 when I placed my order. Argos have the 1TB console for 369 but I may hold off and see if they do a special. Otherwise the 1TB with the special offer of Dying Light for an extra 25 isn't a bad deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Might have been mentioned, Spotted the elder scrolls online for €35 on the Smyth's website

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Argos had it for 350 when I placed my order. Argos have the 1TB console for 369 but I may hold off and see if they do a special. Otherwise the 1TB with the special offer of Dying Light for an extra 25 isn't a bad deal.

a great deal really, the 1Tb should tide someone over for a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

And CeX will buy Dying Light off you for €26/€32 voucher if you've no interest.

And CeX will buy Dying Light off you for €26/€32 voucher if you've no interest.

Happy to keep Dying Light, been playing it on PC but my save file corrupted and I haven't had the time to start again. Think that it may be one of those games which I enjoy more on console than PC though the mouse and keyboard controls were perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gizmo55 wrote: »

That halo bundle was €329 in Argos with the witcher 3 free with it like 3 months ago, as I remember getting it myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement