Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Oh severely tempted by that 1TB deal. Could get that and put the 20 euro worth of vouchers against a Live sub or Sunset Overdrive.

Have reserved it in my local Argos so have the next 24 hours to make a final decision.

Have a PS4 already so am in two minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Oh severely tempted by that 1TB deal. Could get that and put the 20 euro worth of vouchers against a Live sub or Sunset Overdrive.

Have reserved it in my local Argos so have the next 24 hours to make a final decision.

Have a PS4 already so am in two minds.

Just go for it! Join the good side :D

Get EA Access subscription for 1 year for just €24.99 when you do and you'll have 13 games in your collection instantly as well as mutiple 10 hour trials of other games :cool:

I'm unbelievably tempted alright.

What's the deal with Gold these days? I have a lapsed Live account already for my 360, does the Xbox One come with a free 1 month sub or similar?

Also can the sub still be bought cheap online? If so where? I don't think I ever paid full price for Gold on my 360. :-)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What's the deal with Gold these days? I have a lapsed Live account already for my 360, does the Xbox One come with a free 1 month sub or similar?

Also can the sub still be bought cheap online? If so where? I don't think I ever paid full price for Gold on my 360. :-)

Thanks!

It does come with a 1 month card. The best place to get xbox subs is http://www.cdkeys.com, you can get a 12 month sub for €28 there. There is a code generator on their Facebook which will give you a 5% discount

Thanks!

Yeah also if you do get it tomorrow of if you plan on getting it soon, then claim this months games with gold before August 31st:

It's Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes & How to Survive: Storm Warning

http://www.xbox.com/en-ie/live/games-with-gold

Next months are Tomb Raider Definitive Edition & The Deer God

• Advertisement

Well I took the plunge and picked up that Rare Replay and Lego bundle. Used the 20 euro of vouchers to pick up Sunset Overdrive, an exclusive I've been interested in.

Setup Gold and got the current Gold games. Quick question though, how can I purchase the games without automatically downloading them?

As for my thoughts on the console and games, got roped into spending quality time with herself last night but am free to morning playing, which is just what I'm going to do soon! :-)

Thanks for the tips above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Well I took the plunge and picked up that Rare Replay and Lego bundle. Used the 20 euro of vouchers to pick up Sunset Overdrive, an exclusive I've been interested in.

Setup Gold and got the current Gold games. Quick question though, how can I purchase the games without automatically downloading them?

As for my thoughts on the console and games, got roped into spending quality time with herself last night but am free to morning playing, which is just what I'm going to do soon! :-)

Thanks for the tips above.

I never got the voucher with it, only realised now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I never got the voucher with it, only realised now

They could be on the end of your receipt ?

Is there alright bit looks like I only got 10 euro off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is there alright bit looks like I only got 10 euro off

Go back to them. I'm sure they'll sort it out for you

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Go back to them. I'm sure they'll sort it out for you

Yeah will do, from experience with argos does it need to be that store or any?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

sop931 wrote: »
    Argos listing XBOX one 500gb with ultimate edition Gears of War for €339.99
    I'm seeing 349.99 but with €20 Argos voucher so if you get that and the €10 for spending over €100 you are effectively getting it for €319.99
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Yeah will do, from experience with argos does it need to be that store or any?

I'd say you'd be better off going to the same store. I'm not sure tho maybe any store would do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Nutgrove Argos still has the Gears of War 500gb bundle for 339.99. It's stocked behind the collection points.

Delighted with the One, have messed about in the system menus for a bit getting used to it. Spent a few hours playing Sunset Overdrive, great game, great fun! Good for quick blasts but noticed I always want to do one more mission.

I won't post anymore on this thread with my One experiences in order not to drag things off topic, thanks for answering my questions earlier.

Delighted with the One, have messed about in the system menus for a bit getting used to it. Spent a few hours playing Sunset Overdrive, great game, great fun! Good for quick blasts but noticed I always want to do one more mission.

I won't post anymore on this thread with my One experiences in order not to drag things off topic, thanks for answering my questions earlier.

Good to hear! :)

Keep up with the posting updates tho, just do it in general discussion here or in Xbox Gaming thread either. Or whatever other relevant thread :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Hey if anyone is interested I have a 13 month Xbox gold membership to sell.

I bought it for £30 (€38.55) from Game Codes Direct as I thought I needed a gold membership to watch Netflix and Sky apps but turns out things have changed since last year and you can watch those apps on a free membership.

Anyway that's all I use my Xbox for so will sell someone the Gold membership code for reduced €25 if they want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Does the gears of war bundle in Argos come with the new controller with the 3mm headphone jack and a headset?

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Does the gears of war bundle in Argos come with the new controller with the 3mm headphone jack and a headset?

It does.
    "The Xbox One Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle1 includes:

500GB Xbox One console with matte finish

New Xbox One wireless controller with 3.5mm headset jack

Full game download of original Gears of War remastered in 1080p

Get the entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection to play for free

Superstar Cole multiplayer skin

Early access to Gears of War 4 Beta2"

It doesn't say headset though.
    Some bundles don't come with a headset anymore.

• Advertisement

Just watched an unboxing. It does have a headset. Have you bought an xb1 without a headset? I just can't see that happening is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

People have been saying this but the Xbox has always come with a headset. I think its a rumor that has probably grown legs.

No I didn't buy one ,just wondering I was thinking of getting one so just asking.
    I saw a US unboxing and the console was matte and there was no headset.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLm2NpOUDE

I saw a UK unboxing and the console was glossy not the matte one and came with a headset and I don't know if the controller had the 3.5mm jack or not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feQuM5qLr_g

There's loads of people in US saying on amazon US that there's no headset included.
    Then I see people on youtube saying it's the old controller that's coming with it in EU and that Microsoft are pawning us off with old hardware. They're just comments though so it could be just a load of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Argos are now throwing in the GoW Ultimate Edition with the 1TB console for €399, which already includes Lego Jurassic World and Rare Replay with the €20 voucher.

I imagine all those games are hard copies too

EDIT: When you put them all in your basket, GoW jumps to full price. Knew it sounded too good to be true....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Argos only allows one special offer at a time doe, so its either rare replay and lego, or gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I picked up the 1TB model in Argos today for €399. There are a few offers available with it and I went for the free Logo Jurassic World and Rare pack. There is an argos voucher for €10 when you spend more than €100 and this was printed at the bottom of my receipt. There was also supposed to be an additional voucher for €20 which is an offer on all the consoles, but this didn't show up. Customer services sorted it out and gave me the €20 in gift cards. I used the €30 to buy Far Cry 4. I was tempted to buy Tomb Raider but spotted that it is on GWG next month.

There seems to be a decent amount of people buying Xbox ONES all of a sudden. Why is this?

The more the merrier tho! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sop931

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    There seems to be a decent amount of people buying Xbox ONES all of a sudden. Why is this?

The more the merrier tho!

I am a new owner of an Xbox One and was wondering if there is a board for gamertags, I am flying solo at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sop931 wrote: »
    I am a new owner of an Xbox One and was wondering if there is a board for gamertags, I am flying solo at the moment.

There's a sticky in the Xbox forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement