Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

sop931 wrote: »
    I am a new owner of an Xbox One and was wondering if there is a board for gamertags, I am flying solo at the moment.

Here's what you're looking for:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056207793

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    There seems to be a decent amount of people buying Xbox ONES all of a sudden. Why is this?

The more the merrier tho! :D

Without waving the fanboy flag, it's a good package at the moment, the console plus a game for around 360 euros, ea access, backwards compatibility, and a well packed line-up of exclusives over the next 9 months and it still gets the majority of games that are coming to the ps4 anyway.

Shur why wouldnt Ya? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

There seems to be a decent amount of people buying Xbox ONES all of a sudden. Why is this?

The more the merrier tho! :D
    I have them both and tbh the xbox one is by far the better console and the controller for xbox one is a mile ahead of the other one in terms of build quality and general usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Nolimits wrote: »

Have many people used these guys? It works out cheaper than cdkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Without waving the fanboy flag, it's a good package at the moment, the console plus a game for around 360 euros, ea access, backwards compatibility, and a well packed line-up of exclusives over the next 9 months and it still gets the majority of games that are coming to the ps4 anyway.

Shur why wouldnt Ya? :D

The EA Access and Backwards Compatability are massive winners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The EA Access and Backwards Compatability are massive winners
    Definitely EA Access and Backwards Compatibility are massive draws and easy sell for those looking to move to the new console. There are some great bargains and bundles available in stores.

Also, it has been almost two years since the first wave of people bought "another next gen console that cannot be named", they are probably coming around for an Xbox One as a second console now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Have many people used these guys? It works out cheaper than cdkeys

Would also like to know has anybody used this site looking to pick up madden

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Any one know where to pick up a 3.5mm Xbox one headset adapter for the best price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinAFC wrote: »
    Any one know where to pick up a 3.5mm Xbox one headset adapter for the best price?

Don't bother, it's cheaper to buy a covert ops pad, which has a 3.5mm jack on it, in Argos for €45 and trade in your old pad for €31 in CEX than to buy the adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Don't bother, it's cheaper to buy a covert ops pad, which has a 3.5mm jack on it, in Argos for €45 and trade in your old pad for €31 in CEX than to buy the adapter.

Didn't have a clue about them, thanks. I was researching the adapter from china but surprisingly they aren't even making them.

The adapter seems to be running for £20 which seemed quite pricey for what it is.

Will look into the ops pad now.

• Advertisement

The Witcher 3 is 30% off this week. Absolutely brilliant game!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Witcher 3 is 30% off this week. Absolutely brilliant game!

Dam you Misky !! Works out at €32 from the Canadian store and €36 from the US store.

Friend of mine lives in Canada so might see will he game share with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shane lad

Anyone know of any good xbox one deals in their local store? Some amazing deals can be found in your local store rather than from the website, which is only a general price.
    Thanks in advance

shane lad wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good xbox one deals in their local store? Some amazing deals can be found in your local store rather than from the website, which is only a general price.
    Thanks in advance

Argos tend to have the best deals to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Got the argos gears xbox one edition for €350 and was lucky that the MGSV was added as a special today and got that aswell. Used the €20 vouchers for 3 months live.

String wrote: »
    Got the argos gears xbox one edition for €350 and was lucky that the MGSV was added as a special today and got that aswell. Used the €20 vouchers for 3 months live.

You can get 12 months xbox live for €27 here, if you don't want it yet save link for future as it's usually cheapest: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Also a further 5% off by liking their FB page.

Welcome to Xbox ONE btw :)

You can get 12 months xbox live for €27 here, if you don't want it yet save link for future as it's usually cheapest: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Also a further 5% off by liking their FB page.

Welcome to Xbox ONE btw :)

Cheers for that, how do they offer them so cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Another Argos update!

They are throwing Phantom Pain in for free with the Xbox One 500GB GoW and Xbox One 1TB versions

Another Argos update!

They are throwing Phantom Pain in for free with the Xbox One 500GB GoW and Xbox One 1TB versions

That is a super deal !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

These Argos deals are really helping to push Xbox One sales.

As you can see from a little earlier in the thread I was someone that was sitting on the fence a while with the Xbox One, these deals along with MS coming out with strings of good news pushed me towards buying one. MS were a little slow off the mark but they're definitely turning things around now in a big way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I just wish i had waited a week on the Argos deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

These Argos deals are really helping to push Xbox One sales.

As you can see from a little earlier in the thread I was someone that was sitting on the fence a while with the Xbox One, these deals along with MS coming out with strings of good news pushed me towards buying one. MS were a little slow off the mark but they're definitely turning things around now in a big way.

its amazing how gamestop are continuing to charge crazy prices
    they are loosing out big time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

dunworth1 wrote: »

I remember being in Gamestop at Christmas looking for a headset adaptor (wouldn't usually darken their door, but wanted it quickly) and I felt sorry for all the clueless parents in there paying way over the top for consoles, game disc protection etc.

Really did feel like telling them to get their a$$es over to Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Another Argos update!

How do you get Phantom Pain for free with the 1TB console? When I select the 1TB and go to specials and select GOW and Phantom Pain my order charges me for GoW.

I see "Metal Gear Solid V free when bought with Gears Of War bundle" on the 500Gb console but not the 1 TB one.

How do you get Phantom Pain for free with the 1TB console? When I select the 1TB and go to specials and select GOW and Phantom Pain my order charges me for GoW.

I see "Metal Gear Solid V free when bought with Gears Of War bundle" on the 500Gb console but not the 1 TB one.

GoW is not included in the 1TB bundle only the 500GB GoW edition console.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I bought the GOW bundle on Monday from argos goddamit. At least we get ground zeros as a freebie this month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

dunworth1 wrote: »

Don't talk about Gamestop, they're absolutely woeful.

I guess as some said they get a lot of their business from people buying gifts.

I remember the delight of one of my colleagues a few years back when I told them they could buy Xbox 360 games for their kids on Play Asia and Video Games Plus for much less than €65-70.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I bought the GOW bundle on Monday from argos goddamit. At least we get ground zeros as a freebie this month :)

Ground zero was last month. Tomb raider is this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ground zero was last month. Tomb raider is this month.

Oh yeah, I got is on the 31st so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Been keeping an eye on the Argos prices with the intention of buying in next two weeks but when I saw that MGS was being thrown in I went for it but none available in the three Limerick stores.

Nearest one is Clonmel so booked it just in case and have to pick up tomorrow but they won't have MGS until next week. Awkward but worth it. Price for the bundle actually gone up a tenner today.

Anyway, can anyone who has bought one in the last few weeks tell me if there is still a large update on initial startup? Have poor internet speeds where I am so would take it somewhere else if there's an update.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement