Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

All the games need a fairly hefty install from what i have experienced so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyway, can anyone who has bought one in the last few weeks tell me if there is still a large update on initial startup? Have poor internet speeds where I am so would take it somewhere else if there's an update.

Cheers.

There was a system update once I connected to my network. I have a 4Mb package, didn't take too long though.

I got the 1TB plus Rare Replay and Jurassic World and €20 of vouchers in Argos Childers Road last Thursday. Used vouchers on Sunset Overdrive, very good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

bucks73 wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on the Argos prices with the intention of buying in next two weeks but when I saw that MGS was being thrown in I went for it but none available in the three Limerick stores.

Nearest one is Clonmel so booked it just in case and have to pick up tomorrow but they won't have MGS until next week. Awkward but worth it. Price for the bundle actually gone up a tenner today.

Anyway, can anyone who has bought one in the last few weeks tell me if there is still a large update on initial startup? Have poor internet speeds where I am so would take it somewhere else if there's an update.

Cheers.

what pack did you order 1tb or gears of war one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

There was a system update once I connected to my network. I have a 4Mb package, didn't take too long though.

I got the 1TB plus Rare Replay and Jurassic World and €20 of vouchers in Argos Childers Road last Thursday. Used vouchers on Sunset Overdrive, very good game.

Sounds grand so. I had one day one which had a 9gb update iirc. Will still have to download Destiny and all the DLCs anyway which is close to 50gb.
    what pack did you order 1tb or gears of war one

I went for the Gears bundle which has the 500gb console. Very few left availBle in Argos anywhere in the country so worth the one hour drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Where would the cheapest place to buy Xbox credit be? Struggling to find any deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TheGunns wrote: »
    Where would the cheapest place to buy Xbox credit be? Struggling to find any deals

Euro credit ? G2A or CDKeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Any recommendations/links for a decent external/usb hdd for the One? There was a 2TB one from Argos I seen linked to a while back, but I can't see it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Myrddin wrote: »
    Any recommendations/links for a decent external/usb hdd for the One? There was a 2TB one from Argos I seen linked to a while back, but I can't see it now...

This is it:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%252C%2BPCs%2Band%2Bphones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7C19780850%7CHard%2Bdrives%252C%2BUSBs%2Band%2Bdata%2Bstorage%7C14419053/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419053%7CPortable%2Bhard%2Bdrives%7C14419054.htm

Cheapest it's been is €76.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Myrddin wrote: »
    Perfect, cheers misky :)

Got it on Miskys recommendation last week as an upgrade to a 1TB Western Digital hard drive. The Seagate one is faster and more reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Argos offers for 1TB console now have no free game. Hopefully they'll have a good offer up again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Is there no 1TB Fifa bundle available in Ireland ?

brianon wrote: »

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/52628/fifa-16-xbox-one-1tb-console

Not out till 15/09

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

yep but its exclusive to gamestop

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/52628/fifa-16-xbox-one-1tb-console

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

15/9? Isn't fifa out 24/9?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

15/9? Isn't fifa out 24/9?

Usually a digital code not physical game. So still wouldn't unlock until it's out on digital store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Usually a digital code not physical game. So still wouldn't unlock until it's out on digital store.

Don't forget it comes with EA access so you will have access to it 5 days before the US release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Refurbished Xbox One 500gb Bundle With Assassins Creed Unity & Black Flag with 12 months warranty £224 from Tesco Outlet on Ebay. Offer of £210 accepted immediately according to HUKD. Would need to be shipped to Parcel Motel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291560792419?clk_rvr_id=895291920602&rmvSB=true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

bajer101 wrote: »
    Refurbished Xbox One 500gb Bundle With Assassins Creed Unity & Black Flag with 12 months warranty £224 from Tesco Outlet on Ebay. Offer of £210 accepted immediately according to HUKD. Would need to be shipped to Parcel Motel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291560792419?clk_rvr_id=895291920602&rmvSB=true
    I'd recommend Argos for a new Xbox One instead.

They always have a €350 bundle with a game.
    Both assassin's creed games are very cheap to purchase if someone would like those.

Also with Argos if anything goes wrong with the console you can walk in the door and exchange your console instantly during its warranty period. You won't need to ship it any where.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

.../fifa-16-xbox-one-1tb-console

Not out till 15/09

I was so waiting for an offer like this! Thank you!
    I just ordered it for my son's birthday. He'll be thrilled :)

• Advertisement

I'd recommend Argos for a new Xbox One instead.

They always have a €350 bundle with a game.
    Both assassin's creed games are very cheap to purchase if someone would like those.

Also with Argos if anything goes wrong with the console you can walk in the door and exchange your console instantly during its warranty period. You won't need to ship it any where.

Unless they're out of stock. Had to send my console to MS because of that, faulty disc drive straight out of the box. Used the advanced repair service had a new console in 2 days, they put a held charge on your cc until they receive your broken console though like Apple do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

When mgsv came out Argos were giving it away free with the xbox one gears of war bundle. Anyone know if this is a regular thing, more specifically, will they do it with Forza 6?.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

As above, Looking to go to next gen for Forza 6!
    Any bundles around at the moment?

Argos seem to be the cheapest for console deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

DakarVert wrote: »

I think the FIFA16 bundles are very good value.
    The 500Megs one is 369 at multiple places like Xtra Vision.
    ...but I went for the 1T version for 399 at GameStop. It's 30 EUR extra for +500 Megs.

DakarVert wrote: »

Hang on until next week. Argos tend to update their bundles on Wednesday/Thursday. They've consistly been the cheapest and their last offer was 500GB console and MGS5 for €349 I think. I'd be surprised if they don't have a Forza bundle in the next week or two.

xboxdad wrote: »
    ...but I went for the 1T version for 399 at GameStop. It's 30 EUR extra for +500 Megs.

An extra €30 for another 500GBs and another 11 months of EA Access.
    emmetkenny wrote:
    Hang on until next week. Argos tend to update their bundles on Wednesday/Thursday. They've consistly been the cheapest and their last offer was 500GB console and MGS5 for €349 I think. I'd be surprised if they don't have a Forza bundle in the next week or two.
    They currently have the Forza 6 1TB console listed at €420, will probably be a bit cheaper when actually released.

xboxdad wrote: »

Does this come with a disk for the game that could be sold if I didn't want to play fifa? Also do you have to pre order and collect after the 15th?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Does this come with a disk for the game that could be sold if I didn't want to play fifa? Also do you have to pre order and collect after the 15th?

If you don't want fifa get the argos bundle (might have changed)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Amazon Italy have the Thrustmaster Ferrari Racing Wheel for €48.08 (€60.71 Delivered).
    http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00IVHQ0KI/

If you throw in a game (or something else) it can bring the overall price down including shipping.

• Advertisement

There's a 20% sale on Xbox credit on the Microsoft Singapore Store. At the minute Forza 6 basic is $69.90.

If you buy $70 credit you can get Forza for around €35.

Edit: Halo 5 and MGS5 also available at that price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement