Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Actually it's healthier for the Xbox One internal hard drive if you use a USB3.0 external drive, I basically moved all my games to a 2TB external drive and just kept the OS and certain apps on the internal,this should extend the life of the internal drive. Anyway that's my theory :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Actually it's healthier for the Xbox One internal hard drive if you use a USB3.0 external drive, I basically moved all my games to a 2TB external drive and just kept the OS and certain apps on the internal,this should extend the life of the internal drive. Anyway that's my theory :-)

Even healthier for the original internal HDD if you take it out and put it in a drawer ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

My current XB360 is a 20GB.... Still never had storage problems. :)

How much does the standard XB1 software take up out of 500GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

DakarVert wrote: »

yeah, but every game needs to be installed to the HDD of the one to work, on 360, the amount of games that required installation was minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

DakarVert wrote: »

The games didn't take up near as much memory as the new ones do. Updates and everything else are much larger too. Not long in filling 500gb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Halo takes up 70GB, GTA 5 50GB, Batman 52GB, Call Of Duty: AW takes 46.2GB (and thats without the 26GB of DLC). Thats half the 500GB taken up by 4 games.

If you are getting the 500GB model, upgrade at a later date with something like this 2TB Seagate hard drive in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Halo takes up 70GB, GTA 5 50GB, Batman 52GB, Call Of Duty: AW takes 46.2GB (and thats without the 26GB of DLC). Thats half the 500GB taken up by 4 games.

If you are getting the 500GB model, upgrade at a later date with something like this 2TB Seagate hard drive in Argos.

The Taken King DLC alone for Destiny was around 35/40 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Taken King DLC alone for Destiny was around 35/40 GB
    The updated Destiny game is 35gb. The taken king DLC is included with that.

Just back to the hard drive as soon as I'd buy an Xbox one I'd buy a 2tb portable hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone see any X1 console deals with Destiny around?

FIFA 16 Physical Edition in SuperValu for cheap if anyone wants it:

9gBbt7C.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    FIFA 16 Physical Edition in SuperValu for cheap if anyone wants it:

And cheaper if you've got a supervalu card as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

How does SuperValu end up being so cheaper than other places? i always notice COD is cheap in there on release day also.

CatInABox wrote:

Is it? I seen them mentioning 36 on the bargain alerts site buy I thought they said it was a price error or something. I do have a SuperValu card so if I wanted it, how much could I get it for?

How does SuperValu end up being so cheaper than other places? i always notice COD is cheap in there on release day also.

Because the other places are ripping you off. Cough GameStop cough. I know they have to pay their overheads etc and don't sell primarily games but still they do do take the piss lol

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

So what's the best value on the Destiny DLC? Is it CD Keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Seesee wrote: »
    So what's the best value on the Destiny DLC? Is it CD Keys?

Do you have the base game or any of the previous DLCs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

CatInABox wrote: »

Nope. That was only for release day I tried it there but had to pay the 50 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Nope. That was only for release day I tried it there but had to pay the 50 :(

Ah well, I saw the reports online, but again, EA Access means I won't be getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyone see any X1 console deals with Destiny around?

Was thinking of buying the X1 500GB FIFA 16 bundle from Argos for €350. Then trading FIFA in and buying destiny.

Two questions - is the Fifa game an actual disc and is the controller with this going to be one of the new redesigned ones with the standard headphone jack?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah well, I saw the reports online, but again, EA Access means I won't be getting it.

Well I paid 50 for mine and I'm sure il get close to that from cex in credit once it comes out on ea access so it's not too bad. That's the reason I didn't go digital with it

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    Was thinking of buying the X1 500GB FIFA 16 bundle from Argos for €350. Then trading FIFA in and buying destiny.

Two questions - is the Fifa game an actual disc and is the controller with this going to be one of the new redesigned ones with the standard headphone jack?

Not sure about controller but the game is digital. You'd easily sell the code for 45-50 on adverts tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

It's unusual to say this, but consider gamestop. An extra €50 and you get a 1tb hard drive as well as 12 months ea access, as opposed to 1 month from argos

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

Looking around for some Christmas shopping for my 8yr old son. Argos currently have a bundle deal for XB1 500GB: includes fifa16 digital with forza 6 disc and additional controller. All for €399.99.
    He wants fifa and a 2nd controller would also be on the list.. Is this good value or would deals get more favourable closer to Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I would think that's an excellent deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

aidz wrote: »
    Looking around for some Christmas shopping for my 8yr old son. Argos currently have a bundle deal for XB1 500GB: includes fifa16 digital with forza 6 disc and additional controller. All for €399.99.
    He wants fifa and a 2nd controller would also be on the list.. Is this good value or would deals get more favourable closer to Christmas?
    I don't think you'll see better value than that and I would guess that at Christmas there may be stock shortages so I'd act on that now.

If you need an Xbox live subscription cdkeys.com is the best price at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

I don't think you'll see better value than that and I would guess that at Christmas there may be stock shortages so I'd act on that now.

If you need an Xbox live subscription cdkeys.com is the best price at the moment.

Just got 12mth gold for e28.90 ,almost half of what GameStop are asking and it was instant download and works perfectly😀ðŸ˜ðŸ˜€chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

I got the 1TB Fifa 16 deal in Game stop but looking to sell the game. Whats a fair price to ask for it seeing as it's a digital download and not actual CD?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I got the 1TB Fifa 16 deal in Game stop but looking to sell the game. Whats a fair price to ask for it seeing as it's a digital download and not actual CD?

In adverts.ie only 2 digitals today the asking prices are €49 and €65, I would go in the middle, maybe €55, also check if Supervalu still selling it for €49 probably not as they were sold out over the weekend in most stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

nava wrote: »
    In adverts.ie only 2 digitals today the asking prices are €49 and €65, I would go in the middle, maybe €55, also check if Supervalu still selling it for €49 probably not as they were sold out over the weekend in most stores.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Hi All,

What is currently considered the best way of pre-ordering Star Wars Battlefront for the Xbox One?
    I'd prefer a digital download over a disc.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement