Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Tinie wrote: »
    Pes 2015 day one edition is €5 new in smyths for those looking for a cheap football game.

Anyone know if this is a smyths nationwide offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Tinie wrote: »
    Pes 2015 day one edition is €5 new in smyths for those looking for a cheap football game.

Had a look in Galway, no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Xbox One 500GB Fifa 16 bundle is €319.99 in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4457910.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is argos best for controllers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

naughtb4 wrote: »
    At the moment, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

naughtb4 wrote: »

Yeah it's the cheapest. Keep an eye out for the covert controller for €45. It's out of stock atm but it's Gen 2 so that's a great price if they get more stock in.

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=%20415/9775

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just in smyths toys in cork there. Nice bargains on some games. Got dark souls 2 for a tenner, watch dogs is a fiver!

The elite controller will be 150 there also. Gamestop want 160.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Xbox One 500GB Fifa 16 bundle is €319.99 in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4457910.htm

Keeps dropping nearly on a weekly basis, wonder how low they will go with the Elite coming out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Bides time for halo 5/Argos pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Carphone Warehouse are having a clearance sale. Xbox 360 250gb for €129.99 or €139.99 with FIFA 15.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Shop/Tablets-Accessories/All-Accessories/Microsoft-Xbox-360-250GB

NEW-Microsoft-xbox360-Black-Front.png?ext=.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just in smyths toys in cork there. Nice bargains on some games. Got dark souls 2 for a tenner, watch dogs is a fiver!

The elite controller will be 150 there also. Gamestop want 160.
    The Indo today has a €6 off voucher when you spend more than €15 in Smyths. Combined with good value on older games (you could have essentially got Watch Dogs for free :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The Indo today has a €6 off voucher when you spend more than €15 in Smyths. Combined with good value on older games (you could have essentially got Watch Dogs for free :))

If i am not mistaking there vouchers for smyths can not be used on games, xbox live cards, pop toys and the likes ?. As in the past stuff like this was always removed from use with the vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Looks like Tales from the Borderlands EP1 is free on the xbox store at present
    (at work so dont have a good link) but search the store and it will show there

Toppy

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Looks like Tales from the Borderlands EP1 is free on the xbox store at present
    (at work so dont have a good link) but search the store and it will show there

Toppy

Everyone should give it a go, it's brilliant. The most recent episode was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

As it's essentially free game play for the next 4 days I may as well post here that the Star Wars beta is opening here at 5pm Irish time. Get into it early using this link to the Australian store. Open the link, change your region to Australia and download as per usual. Note: you'll have to be able to speak fluent Australian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Picked up up the Witcher 3 in Argos for €41.99 which is great value.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3455645/Trail/searchtext>WITCHER.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Asked in the Bargain Alerts Forum too but said I'd fire it in here too as it'd be more likely to get response.

Looking for a 1TB Xbox One.

This seems like the best deal I can find online.

Xbox One 1TB + Fifa 16 for €399.99

Anyone know of any better deals ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Korvanica wrote: »
    Asked in the Bargain Alerts Forum too but said I'd fire it in here too as it'd be more likely to get response.

Looking for a 1TB Xbox One.

This seems like the best deal I can find online.

Xbox One 1TB + Fifa 16 for €399.99

Anyone know of any better deals ?

Im looking to grab one too for my son,500GB would do me, its €369 in argos,im wondering will the prices come down with the imminent arrival of Xbone elite?
    I think thats arriving end of oct early nov?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Dcully wrote: »
    Im looking to grab one too for my son,500GB would do me, its €369 in argos,im wondering will the prices come down with the imminent arrival of Xbone elite?

I'd say they will, else there will be a surge in second hand sales as people upgrade.

EDIT: Only on selected bundles and now its only 13 euro off a controller.

Changed my mind now. I can always upgrade the HDD in future if needed. 500gb will do me.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »

I dont think you'll see a drop on the base console, the elite is aimed at a different type of consumer, i.e. one with more money than sense.

you'll probably see a better variety of games offered as a bundle though, Argos is regularly top of the class here.

That being said, the PS4 is apparently getting a price cut, so who knows what could happen. If its a christmas present, I'd say wait until thanksgiving has come and gone and you'll have an idea of what way things will stand.

For those looking for a physical copy of Halo 5: Guardians, Smyths are selling it at €54.99. I know €55 isn't a typical bargain alert price but for a pre-order delivery or store pick-up, it's cheaper than Amazon and it's €69.99 in Gamestop, HMV, Xtravision.

Pre-order bonus items: Projection SMG with Long Barrel Potence SMG Weapon Skin Saturnine Visor. I understand some of those words.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I just ordered the standard edition from game for €60 and the code they sent me redeemed as the digital deluxe

sound!

For those looking for a physical copy of Halo 5: Guardians, Smyths are selling it at €54.99. I know €55 isn't a typical bargain alert price but for a pre-order delivery or store pick-up, it's cheaper than Amazon and it's €69.99 in Gamestop, HMV, Xtravision.

Pre-order bonus items: Projection SMG with Long Barrel Potence SMG Weapon Skin Saturnine Visor. I understand some of those words.

great spot, bought it there myself I'll drop it in the halo 5 thread as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How are Smyths on delivery times? Any chance of getting it on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

great spot, bought it there myself I'll drop it in the halo 5 thread as well.

Lads there's a €6 off voucher for Smyth's when you spend over €50. Enter SMYOCT6

EDIT: my bad. Doesn't apply to games. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

How are Smyths on delivery times? Any chance of getting it on launch day?

Should be, they do next day delivery on all orders before 2pm Sunday-Thursday.

Should be, they do next day delivery on all orders before 2pm Sunday-Thursday.

Just got an order I made at 1:45 yesterday delivered to today for free. Awesome service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Guys, anyone know where I can pick on a Kinect 2 TV mount. My TV is at an angle so the kinect keeps seeing the table. I need to get it mounted on top of the TV to fix the problem.

Anyone know where I can pick one up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

logik wrote: »
    Guys, anyone know where I can pick on a Kinect 2 TV mount. My TV is at an angle so the kinect keeps seeing the table. I need to get it mounted on top of the TV to fix the problem.

Anyone know where I can pick one up?

Got this in GameStop last year, don't think they sell them anymore. Does the job brilliantly.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00FYMTUQY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1445255691&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=kinect+stand&dpPl=1&dpID=41X2526yVQL&ref=plSrch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement