Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Does an old sky dish cable work as well, i think i remember that it should.

^^ I am wrong here, a feed off an old sky dish will not allow you to tune a saorview signal.

Saorview is a Digital Terrestrial Tv system (DTT) and as such must be received using an appropriate TV Aerial. The correct type of aerial for getting Saorview in ireland is a correctly grouped UHF Aerial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If you use a cable connected to a Sky Dish, would you be able to get Free to Air channels with the tuner or is it strictly for Saorview?
    I have a spare satellite box at home that I use in the spare room for FTA channels and its connected to the Sky Dish.
    Was thinking of doing the same thing with the xbox one of possible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If you use a cable connected to a Sky Dish, would you be able to get Free to Air channels with the tuner or is it strictly for Saorview?
    I have a spare satellite box at home that I use in the spare room for FTA channels and its connected to the Sky Dish.
    Was thinking of doing the same thing with the xbox one of possible

Just saorview in ireland or freeview in uk.

Won't work with satellite as it's not a satellite receiver just a terrestrial tv tuner.

An indoor aerial such as this from Argos for €10 will work: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1074815/Trail/searchtext%3EAERIAL.htm

Would one of these work cause I have a few?

lrgscaleIndoor%20VHF%20FM%20aerial.jpg

My small indoor one like that worked for me anyway but not sure if mine was uhf or vhf, the one in the pic is vhf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

the sales rep of the year from gamestop told me that I could trade in my existing xb1 for an elite console with the elite controller for 250.

Is the elite console out? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

simarconi wrote: »

havent a clue, a google got me this

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/54339/xbox-one-elite-console-1tb

so out yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's one showing in stockbin Argos in Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There's one showing in stockbin Argos in Cavan.

It's actually to console/elite controller bundle I'm on about, but thanks anyway. I'm waiting on Smyths to get the contoller in because it's 20 bills cheaper there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's actually to console/elite controller bundle I'm on about, but thanks anyway. I'm waiting on Smyths to get the contoller in because it's 20 bills cheaper there

Get you now.

On the Elite controller page on Argos it says the price is valid until 3/11 so I'd assume aa price reduction after then.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Amazon have no elite controllers by the looks of it, really weird. They seem to be ridiculously hard to come by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

If you have exactly that it won't work as it's a VHF aerial, you need UHF - http://www.saorview.ie/help-support/faqs/aerials/

If you have a UHF one give it a blast. Depending on where you are you might get away with an unamplified aerial, if the signal is too weak you may need to go down the route I went and buy an amplified one.

I think its a UHF, I just googled a picture of Bunny Eared Aerial :D

Anyway thanks to everyone for your help, its been greatly appreciated!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Amazon have no elite controllers by the looks of it, really weird. They seem to be ridiculously hard to come by.

Amazon.fr have it, about 160 with delivery:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00ZV0NH40?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's a Microsoft thing these days, ever since the Surface RT died a complete and total death at retail, along with spending 7 Billion on Nokia, just to write it off a few months later, they've been understandably wary of introducing new hardware without knowing exactly how much the market wants it.

The Microsoft Band is another example, they only made 30000 in the initial run, and waited until it sold out in a couple of days before ordering more. I'd say the Elite is the same, if it sells out quickly then they'll ramp up production pretty quickly for the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

In case you don't need the Kinect sensor you got in some Xbox One bundle, I might be interested in buying it from you. (CEX is selling them for 50 EUR, but those are not new)
    PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Is FIFA a physical disc or code does anyone know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Tinie wrote: »
    Is FIFA a physical disc or code does anyone know.

It would be a digital copy of fifa.

Any of the Ms pack in games that are in the box are digital copys

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

FORZA 6 is going for €41.99 in argos at the moment. Showing as €58 on the screen but when I went to pay (self service) it was €41.99 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ShaunC wrote: »
    FORZA 6 is going for €41.99 in argos at the moment. Showing as €58 on the screen but when I went to pay (self service) it was €41.99 :D

I bought it for 60 last week. **** you argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I bought it for 60 last week. **** you argos.

?

it was obviously worth 60 to you last week. Sure no one would ever buy anything if you thought it was going to be reduced. Its kind of like how everyone is gagging for Ryse to be deals with gold, but no one wants to pay a fiver or whatever it is now.

Firstly,if your looking to buy a game around this time of the year you should always wait until the Black Friday sales to get the best deals. Unless there is a sale on before then and you can get it cheap

Secondly, I got Ryse as part of my Bundle deal last year but only played about 10 minutes of it because I was really just into getting GTA. I played it one day when my broadband was down and my god it is a great game. I didnt expect to enjoy it so much.
    I've seen it in CEX fo about €20 if anyone is still looking for it. I havent yet tried the online part of the game

?

it was obviously worth 60 to you last week. Sure no one would ever buy anything if you thought it was going to be reduced. Its kind of like how everyone is gagging for Ryse to be deals with gold, but no one wants to pay a fiver or whatever it is now.

I think you over thinking my remark more, then it needs too.

Is it annoying that I could have gotten it for 20eu less? A bit Yes. Does it annoy me that much that I wont sleep tonight? Nope

Its my day off today and most of it I spent playing Forza 6.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I think you over thinking my remark more, then it needs too.

Is it annoying that I could have gotten it for 20eu less? A bit Yes. Does it annoy me that much that I wont sleep tonight? Nope

Its my day off today and most of it I spent playing Forza 6.

You could buy the new one and return it with the old receipt?

Tinie wrote: »
    You could buy the new one and return it with the old receipt?

Not worth it, I'll spend on petrol more then I will save lol.
    I am not bothered, I got the game and happy out. I need to keep an eye on argos more though. They coming uo with some nice deals lately.
    I missed out on witcher 3 for 40eu last time. At least I still managed to get it for 25£ from amazon, just waiting for it to arrive is a ****. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

xboxdad wrote: »
    In case you don't need the Kinect sensor you got in some Xbox One bundle, I might be interested in buying it from you. (CEX is selling them for 50 EUR, but those are not new)
    PM please.

I think most of those kinect sensors are new. Imagine they came in a bundle and were sold or exchanged straight sway.

too_sleepy wrote: »
    I think most of those kinect sensors are new. Imagine they came in a bundle and were sold or exchanged straight sway.

CeX have a 12 month warranty on all their items anyway so safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

xboxdad wrote: »
    PM please.

Strange bargaining position. Are you saying that because the ones on CEX aren't new, you would be willing to pay more than €50 for one that would be offered to you "as new"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Not worth it, I'll spend on petrol more then I will save lol.
    I am not bothered, I got the game and happy out. I need to keep an eye on argos more though. They coming uo with some nice deals lately.
    I missed out on witcher 3 for 40eu last time. At least I still managed to get it for 25£ from amazon, just waiting for it to arrive is a ****. :)

I was going to pay the €58 for it myself but was delighted to see it so cheap, it could be an error, I'm not sure, but wasn't going to complain. As I said it was still €58 on their system but it came up as €42 on the self service check out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement