Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Forza 6 is €59 in Argos just in case anyone is going there specifically for Forza.

Not €42.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

bajer101 wrote: »
    Strange bargaining position. Are you saying that because the ones on CEX aren't new, you would be willing to pay more than €50 for one that would be offered to you "as new"?

Yes.
    I had a very good experience doing this sort of business here on this forum thread.
    It was a controller in its original box (never opened) bought as part of a bundle.
    I bought it off another forum member. I got a nice price and the seller got more money than they would get from CEX.
    So it was a win-win situation.
    Maybe it can be repeated with a Kinect sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Do any of the xbox bundles actually come with a Kinect these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Forza 6 is €59 in Argos just in case anyone is going there specifically for Forza.

Not €42.

Even on the self serve machine?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Even on the self serve machine?

I was in Argos getting something so I asked. They said its €58.99 on the system. I didn't check machines.

• Advertisement

I was in Argos getting something so I asked. They said its €58.99 on the system. I didn't check machines.

Yeah that's what whoever said it originally said it was 58.99 on their systems but showing up as 42 on the self service machines where you pay by card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah that's what whoever said it originally said it was 58.99 on their systems but showing up as 42 on the self service machines where you pay by card.

I picked a copy up for €42 yesterday in Stephens Green at the regular tills. Thanks ShaunC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Anyone know where dying light is for les than €30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rorok wrote: »
    Anyone know where dying light is for les than €30

Argos €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭wandererz

Had an xbox 360 but only ever used it for SkyGo access.
    Don't need sky now as I have Netflix, Hulu & Amazon Prime directly on TV.

When I sold the 360 I demo'd forza to the purchaser on my new TV and boy was i surprised at the difference compared to my old TV.

When we had the wii, we got great use out of it due to the interactivity e.g. Tiger Woods, tennis etc.

With the price of the xbox 1TB now so low I am tempted to get one.
    What justifications do I have? Haven't really been a big gamer over the years.

For example, Are there any good kinect games?
    Need to convince the wife as well.

Still €42 at till.

Still €42 at till.
    Hmm, might go back and use the €5 voucher I got from yesterday's purchase.

Is it the regular checkout till? Or the self service machine?

Hmm, might go back and use the €5 voucher I got from yesterday's purchase.

Is it the regular checkout till? Or the self service machine?

The self serve checkout and the till. Still €59 on the stock checker.

Dishonored Definitive Edition is €20 in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Wireless controller 45 in Argos. Covert force version, think its the same as standard one but a tenner cheaper.

too_sleepy wrote: »
    Wireless controller 45 in Argos. Covert force version, think its the same as standard one but a tenner cheaper.
    Improved version over the original. Improved bumper buttons and a 3.5mm input while still supporting the chat adapter and orginal Xbox One headset.

Improved version over the original. Improved bumper buttons and a 3.5mm input while still supporting the chat adapter and orginal Xbox One headset.

And updates wirelessly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is the best xbox one deal right now the argos one, Halo 5 + evolve + FIFA download code + console for 350?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Where is the cheapest place to buy Fallout 4 on release? Best I've found is amazon.co.uk for £40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Is the best xbox one deal right now the argos one, Halo 5 + evolve + FIFA download code + console for 350?

Yep.

Smyths have the elite pad in stock for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Smyths have the elite pad in stock for €150.

Did you pick one up Sniper ?

I thought I'd reserved one in Argos in Carlow yesterday and went to pick it up only to realise I'd reserved it in Cavan :D

emmetkenny wrote: »

I thought I'd reserved one in Argos in Carlow yesterday and went to pick it up only to realise I'd reserved it in Cavan :D

No. Little short atm after getting Forza 6 and Dishonored yesterday. Btw Smyths only got their stock this morning so its not showing up on the website and mightn't be in every store yet. Will probably be in stock on the website tomorrow.

Still €19 cheaper than Argos if a Smyths near you has received their stock.

Will probably be after Christmas that I can afford it now between presents and Eirtakon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

EmacB wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to buy Fallout 4 on release? Best I've found is amazon.co.uk for £40.

A lot of the lads have ordered from here through parcel motel I think http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGameshbhvcnthar/Fallout-4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »

Did you get yours yet Emmet? Got mine Saturday morning, it's very very tasty but will definitely take a bit of getting used to the paddles

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you get yours yet Emmet? Got mine Saturday morning, it's very very tasty but will definitely take a bit of getting used to the paddles

No not yet Stone. Went to collect yesterday only to realise I'd reserved It in the wrong store.

You think its worth the €150 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yep.

Thanks. Get that for 350, sell the evolve and Fifa code for 40 say, 310 for the console and Halo 5 seems a pretty good deal to me.

• Advertisement

I've heard that too, any review I've seen has said it's worth every penny. The paddles are supposed to work extremely well for the clutch and gear shift in Forza once you do get used to it.

Bit silly that at that price MS didn't throw in a rechargeable battery, especially as it comes with the usb cable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement