Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've heard that too, any review I've seen has said it's worth every penny. The paddles are supposed to work extremely well for the clutch and gear shift in Forza once you do get used to it.

Bit silly that at that price MS didn't throw in a rechargeable battery, especially as it comes with the usb cable.

I just went into Ken Black in Wexford to see if they had it but the guys there were completely clueless and said to ring head office :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No not yet Stone. Went to collect yesterday only to realise I'd reserved It in the wrong store.

You think its worth the €150 ?

Personally I think so, there's a lovely weight to the controller, and the whole thing is very well built. The thumbsticks and paddles click into position with a reassuringly strong magnetic pull. The app for remapping the button layout is very well laid out as well and there are lots of suggested profiles. You can also deactivate the paddles at any time by simply tapping the pair button twice .

Oh, and the trigger stops to shorten the pull are great. There's a long braided usb cable, handy if you want to use it with a pc as well.

I don't get why people are so hung up on rechargeable batteries. When the thing eventually reaches the end of its life you won't be able to replace it. And the xb1 pads last so long on a pair of standard AAs that I'd rather not sarcrice that lifespan for chargeability.

The case is well made and I think my controller will live there permanently, it definitely won't be on the arm of the couch / coffee table within reach of the kids.

Personally I think so, there's a lovely weight to the controller, and the whole thing is very well built. The thumbsticks and paddles click into position with a reassuringly strong magnetic pull. The app for remapping the button layout is very well laid out as well and there are lots of suggested profiles. You can also deactivate the paddles at any time by simply tapping the pair button twice .

Oh, and the trigger stops to shorten the pull are great. There's a long braided usb cable, handy if you want to use it with a pc as well.

I don't get why people are so hung up on rechargeable batteries. When the thing eventually reaches the end of its life you won't be able to replace it. And the xb1 pads last so long on a pair of standard AAs that I'd rather not sarcrice that lifespan for chargeability.

The case is well made and I think my controller will live there permanently, it definitely won't be on the arm of the couch / coffee table within reach of the kids.

Thanks for that Stone. It'll be my main controller and used most days.

The battery issue is no problem for me as I've two offical Xbog plug and play kits at home. One which is never used.

I'm really looking forward to picking mine up now. Hopefully one will come in stock shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Very tempted to buy the elite controller and trade my controller to cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Very tempted to buy the elite controller and trade my controller to cex.
    I probably would too but cex give less for the covert controller than the standard black the b@stards :/

• Advertisement

I think I saw Smyths have the €6 off voucher in one of the papers during the week when you spend over €15.

Might be worth picking up even if it only saves €6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Still would have been nice to have come with a rechargeable battery. Ended up cracking and going back for one on the cc. Nice weight to it, the usb cable is sturdy and the magnets on the pad are surprisingly strong. The bumpers have a very nice clicky feel to them and the diamond d-pad is much nicer than the cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Thanks. Get that for 350, sell the evolve and Fifa code for 40 say, 310 for the console and Halo 5 seems a pretty good deal to me.

Instead of selling evolve just ask argos for a gift card of the same value,it worked for me last year and it could save you some hassle if you want to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Xbox 1 500GB with Fifa 16 and Halo 5 for €349.99 in Smyths

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/xboxonedealone/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im thinking of picking up the console next week for tomb raider are the bundles all 1tb models

id realy be only interested in the 500gb model
    the ps4 will still be my main console

• Advertisement

No the standard xbox is 500gb then you can buy a usb 3.0 external hsrd drive to plug in for extra storage if needed.

Tomb raider 1tb bundle in Smyth's for 399 you probably already know 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    No the standard xbox is 500gb then you can buy a usb 3.0 external hsrd drive to plug in for extra storage if needed.

Tomb raider 1tb bundle in Smyth's for 399 you probably already know 

cool wat are smyths like with deliverys might just order that bundle online

biggebruv wrote: »

Not sure never had anything delivered from them.

This is from their site FAQ re: delivery:

"For customers in the Republic of Ireland, order by 2pm for delivery in 1-2 working days. Working days are Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. Any orders placed over the weekend will be considered as being placed on a Monday before 2pm. This is only a guideline and is not a guarantee Smyths Toys are unable to take responsibility for any delivery delays which are outside of their control."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

biggebruv wrote: »

Very quick.

Saw on over the general bargain alerts thread Guitar hero live is down to 78 quid in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Thank's for the heads up, been humming and hawing over getting it from amazon.fr, this is only a couple of euro more but I dont have to wait to get it.

Amazon.com sells digital codes for some XB1 games. Amazon.co.uk really should start doing this more.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-4-PC/dp/B00YQ2MM2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446648207&sr=8-1&keywords=fallout+4 €55 for Fallout 4 for example.

Edit: Actually now that I look closer, U.S one sells digital xbox codes but not PSN ones whilst the UK one is vice versa :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Amazon.com sells digital codes for some XB1 games. Amazon.co.uk really should start doing this more.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-4-PC/dp/B00YQ2MM2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446648207&sr=8-1&keywords=fallout+4 €55 for Fallout 4 for example.

Why? It's not like there's any kind of discount there. It saves jumping through a hoop, that's all.

Nolimits wrote: »
    Why? It's not like there's any kind of discount there. It saves jumping through a hoop, that's all.

I mean for the people who don't want to go foreign market route. Trust me, that isn't me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I mean for the people who don't want to go foreign market route. Trust me, that isn't me :p
    Thought you were on Malaysia ( or wherever time ) Misky??!!!

• Advertisement

Right, so it's no different to just buying it from the marketplace on the Xbox itself.

It would obviously be different if they offered competition and were giving a better price.

Right, so it's no different to just buying it from the marketplace on the Xbox itself.

It would obviously be different if they offered competition and were giving a better price.

It's €15 cheaper on Amazon.com than it is on the Irish xbox store is my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

trixiebust wrote: »
    Thought you were on Malaysia ( or wherever time ) Misky??!!!

He is Thailand now, you know all those juice ladyboys. Amd yeah, cheap xbox games.

It's €15 cheaper on Amazon.com than it is on the Irish xbox store is my point.

But it's not cheaper than the American store, if they sold on the UK site it would be the same.

But it's not cheaper than the American store, if they sold on the UK site it would be the same.

It's €56 on uk site.............

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

Saw on over the general bargain alerts thread Guitar hero live is down to 78 quid in Argos.

Pretty good deal. Thanks for informing us even though I don't have an argos anywhere near me.

It's €56 on uk site.............

For the physical copy presumably? If they sold digital it would be at our around rrp just like it is on the American amazon. In America there are places selling significantly below rrp on physical copies just like there are here. You'll probably be able to get a disk version for around that price in Argos or Smyths

For the physical copy presumably? If they sold digital it would be at our around rrp just like it is on the American amazon. In America there are places selling significantly below rrp on physical copies just like there are here. You'll probably be able to get a disk version for around that price in Argos or Smyths

Digital and physical are same price on U.S amazon. Not sure where you're going with this...

Digital and physical are same price on U.S amazon. Not sure where you're going with this...

Right, they're just selling it at or around the rrp, think it was 4c under. Why do you want the UK site to do the same? If you want to pay the RRP you can just do it on the Xbox, no need for another place selling it for the same price.

Edit: if they started selling it on the UK site, do you think they'd be charging €55? No chance, would be closer to £55

• Advertisement

Right, they're just selling it at or around the rrp, think it was 4c under. Why do you want the UK site to do the same? If you want to pay the RRP you can just do it on the Xbox, no need for another place selling it for the same price.

Just forget it :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement