Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Rorok wrote:
    Where are the games in supervalu, is there any in churchtown

They only get the big titles so they have them behind the customer service counter usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Site no longer appears to be working for me, when I try to reserve, just getting a "page not found" message - not just on this deal, but any other deal either.

Argos site is fuucked past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Argos site is fuucked past few days.

Yep, click most tabs and even the text can come up in numbers on the left side.

'Looking for an Xbox sir? Click here '....... 'Ok, here is a deep fat fecking fryer that you didn't click ' (it gets really annoying after a while, all the indexing is messed up)

tip for Argos site, which fixes most of the page not loading at all / correctly for me is to simply add letter L to the end of the url in the address bar and hit enter. so html instead of htm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Did you have to argue your case or were you just able to pick it up off the self service kiosk?

Checked the machine in there and it said games were free so asked at counter and he said my reserve price was wrong and that it was 364.99 on the system so worked out well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RIFK590

thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Checked the machine in there and it said games were free so asked at counter and he said my reserve price was wrong and that it was 364.99 on the system so worked out well!

have just a console reserved will go down in the morning so should i be good aswell or do you need to reserve all 3 items online??

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

I reserved the xbox 500gb with Halo 5, Black Ops 2 and Fifa 16 today. Went in this evening and went to the counter as the self serve kiosk advised I couldn't purchase there and I got the whole lot for 365 even though my reserve details showed as 385. Mention it to the staff and when they put it through the price will show as it should at 365 Euro.

Best bargain I have seen in a long time. Had to go for it.!!!!

Git on it.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Games top have 500gb console with fifa 16 and bo3 for 349

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not on their website? Closest is Fifa 16 Bundle and Halo 5 for 370.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

500gb Fifa console is showing at €349.99 on Argos today with special offer of Black Ops and Halo free. Gives a total of €370.99 when added to the basket but I reckon you'd get them for the €349.99 in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Not on their website? Closest is Fifa 16 Bundle and Halo 5 for 370.

Got an email showing that offer

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Which is better the argos deal or the attached

Nur 399 EUR: Xbox One 1 TB Tomb Raider Bundle + Star Wars Battlefront + Battlefront Early Access + 3 Monate Xbox Live

on amazon.de - won't let me post link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

got the argos deal chuffed

wats the best way to go about selling fifa game code though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

biggebruv wrote: »
    got the argos deal chuffed

wats the best way to go about selling fifa game code though??

Stick it on Adverts. Ie and it should sell pretty handy. Or you could try Ebay if you fancy letting an auction run.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Which is better the argos deal or the attached

Nur 399 EUR: Xbox One 1 TB Tomb Raider Bundle + Star Wars Battlefront + Battlefront Early Access + 3 Monate Xbox Live

on amazon.de - won't let me post link

For €408 delivered, I think the 1TB bundle is better value.
    You get 1TB drive, 3 Months Gold, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Download Code), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Star Wars Battlefront, and Battlefront Early Access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Supervalu has BO3 for only €50, but does anyone know where they keep their games, I can never find them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Rorok wrote: »
    Supervalu has BO3 for only €50, but does anyone know where they keep their games, I can never find them

Not all stores have them. My local one used to be a superquinn and has never stocked games. Another one around the corner was always a SV and stocks the big games like COD AND fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ask at the Customer Service counter.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Not all stores have them. My local one used to be a superquinn and has never stocked games. Another one around the corner was always a SV and stocks the big games like COD AND fifa.

It says on the site that my supervalu stocks games, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just be aware the free nuketown map doesn't come with the supervalu deal

Just be aware the free nuketown map doesn't come with the supervalu deal

It only comes with the game/marketplace and Im not going to spend an extra 20 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

So SuperValu is the cheapest place to buy Black Ops 3?

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    So SuperValu is the cheapest place to buy Black Ops 3?

Looks like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Or just do what I did, buy the Argos Deal, it's a 500GB Xbox One with Fifa 16, and physical copies of Halo 5 and Black Ops 3.

Sold the Xbox for 300, Halo 5 for 50, and got Black Ops 3 for free. :)

Or just do what I did, buy the Argos Deal, it's a 500GB Xbox One with Fifa 16, and physical copies of Halo 5 and Black Ops 3.

Sold the Xbox for 300, Halo 5 for 50, and got Black Ops 3 for free. :)

You genius, is a bit risky though for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You genius, is a bit risky though for me
    Very risky. Everywhere seems to have deals now.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Ok. Scored the Argos Xbox one 1TB with Halo for €349. Swapped Halo for Kinect (don't laugh kids want Just Dance).

Now looking to buy a few games and amazon.de and amazon.fr have the best prices. I assume the only downside is the packaging will be local? Games should run in English in my system?

I know the Germans have very particular ratings on games, blood has to be blue, language used and higher morals when it comes to innocents being shot.
    Anyone experience buying German games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

well lads, i tried getting the fifa 16 bundle w/ blops 3 and halo but it said the bundle was out of stock but i reserved it anyway. Then in the reservation it says im getting blops 3 and halo for 10.50 each and gave me a confirmation email but no xbox. Do i have any case if I go in tomorrow or will they straight up say "no chance buddy"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Huell wrote: »
    well lads, i tried getting the fifa 16 bundle w/ blops 3 and halo but it said the bundle was out of stock but i reserved it anyway. Then in the reservation it says im getting blops 3 and halo for 10.50 each and gave me a confirmation email but no xbox. Do i have any case if I go in tomorrow or will they straight up say "no chance buddy"?

Try one of the machines in Argos. It could still say no but saves the embarrassment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement