Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Huell wrote: »
    well lads, i tried getting the fifa 16 bundle w/ blops 3 and halo but it said the bundle was out of stock but i reserved it anyway. Then in the reservation it says im getting blops 3 and halo for 10.50 each and gave me a confirmation email but no xbox. Do i have any case if I go in tomorrow or will they straight up say "no chance buddy"?

I was trying to reserve one last night. I went on Argos website this morning and Jervis Street has a couple of consoles and games back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I was using this last year to track down a console and other stuff I was buying for Christmas, might come in useful to you guys
    http://www.checkargos.com/

Interestingly, just noticed that they show you the price of products over the last few months and if it has gone up and down

Posted in the main games thread too, fallout 4 is 55.99 in argos. Not much if any stock in some places though.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Huell wrote: »
    well lads, i tried getting the fifa 16 bundle w/ blops 3 and halo but it said the bundle was out of stock but i reserved it anyway. Then in the reservation it says im getting blops 3 and halo for 10.50 each and gave me a confirmation email but no xbox. Do i have any case if I go in tomorrow or will they straight up say "no chance buddy"?

They'll probably give you the deal if they have Xbox Ones in stock. But if they don't have any......

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

From my experience with dealing with the argos bundles you can pick it up if one item is out of stock but "orderable".

So if you are getting a console bundle with say 3 games, only 2 are in stock, but the third will be there next week. you can pay the offer price and come back for the missing item.

I'd imagine that the Console has to be in stock however, also not sure how many of the items need to be in stock. Could you get the console and collect 3 games later (as per my hypothetical)? Not sure.

• Advertisement

Quick question in regards to Fallout, I have never played the other games and from what little I saw from the trailer/gameplay of the new one it looks interesting, now this might sound strange but are there lots of scare bits in it like will I be walking through some hallway when all of a sudden some huge monster will pop up and scare the hell out of my little nephew(and me)?
    I really cant be dealing with those types of scares at the moment, used to love that sort of stuff but heart problems have meant I have to avoid such games :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Quick question in regards to Fallout, I have never played the other games and from what little I saw from the trailer/gameplay of the new one it looks interesting, now this might sound strange but are there lots of scare bits in it like will I be walking through some hallway when all of a sudden some huge monster will pop up and scare the hell out of my little nephew(and me)?
    I really cant be dealing with those types of scares at the moment, used to love that sort of stuff but heart problems have meant I have to avoid such games :(

I didn't find Fallout 3 scary anyway, it's more like Skyrim than Resident Evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ask in the Fallout 4 thread. A lot of the guys are plating it at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The originals were never that scary, but the VATS targeting system makes for some crazy gory kills, think decapitation, dismemberment etc. depending on the age of your nephew you might want to avoid that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Cheapest place for fallout 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Rorok wrote: »
    Cheapest place for fallout 4

Argos. 56eu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The originals were never that scary, but the VATS targeting system makes for some crazy gory kills, think decapitation, dismemberment etc. depending on the age of your nephew you might want to avoid that.

Not scary games overall in the horror sense but some of the subway sections in Fallout 3 were fairly freaky!

And definitely not suitable for a child to be watching given the violence in any case, they are very violent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Just picked mine up in Argos, paid €350 at the till. Delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Im planning on picking up an xbox one early next week. Anyone know of the best place for the console + halo 5 + Master Chief collection?

Best I have found is Smyths where it is basically halo 5 free with the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Im planning on picking up an xbox one early next week. Anyone know of the best place for the console + halo 5 + Master Chief collection?

Best I have found is Smyths where it is basically halo 5 free with the console.

Buy the €365 Fifa 16, Black Ops 3, Halo 5 bundle in Argos. Sell Blops 3 and FIFA, buy Halo:MCC for €32.50 in HMV. Should get €35-40 for FIFA on adverts, CEX are giving €49 for Blops. Should make it around €300 for the console and both Halo games.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Buy the €365 Fifa 16, Black Ops 3, Halo 5 bundle in Argos. Sell Blops 3 and FIFA, buy Halo:MCC for €32.50 in HMV. Should get €35-40 for FIFA on adverts, CEX are giving €49 for Blops. Should make it around €300 for the console and both Halo games.

Sadly the offer ends today and the nearest place with the console in stock is way too far away. Not available for delivery. Hopefully they will have something to replace the offer tomorrow.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Davexirl wrote: »
    Just picked mine up in Argos, paid €350 at the till. Delighted!!!

Got mine too, be selling the games tho as I have a PS4 for my main gaming, X1 is just for Tomb Raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Got mine too, be selling the games tho as I have a PS4 for my main gaming, X1 is just for Tomb Raider.

Wait til you play the xbox one I bet eventually the ps4 will be a dust gatherer

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

On Argos at the moment, Xbox One 500GB Console and Gears Of War Bundle is listed as €319.99.
    It states if you add Fallout 4 you can get it all for €349.99 - but if add the game and go all the way through to the reservation, it stays at €319.99

Just checking on CEX and if I were to get that and sell it in CEX, I would get store value of €331
    Almost tempted :D

• Advertisement

Wait til you play the xbox one I bet eventually the ps4 will be a dust gatherer

I used to have a Xbox One but hated it, only got this for TR, the PS4 pad will keep me with Sony and Uncharted. Got the new pad with the console thank god as the newer bumpers ain't as bad as the original.

I used to have a Xbox One but hated it, only got this for TR, the PS4 pad will keep me with Sony and Uncharted.

Isn't Tomb Raider a timed exclusive? Won't it be coming to the PS4 eventually?

I mean you are obviously a big fan if you are buying the console for the sake of one game, but you couldn't have lasted til it comes out on PS4 in what (for you) would be a more enjoyable playing experience?

Faker74 wrote: »
    Isn't Tomb Raider a timed exclusive? Won't it be coming to the PS4 eventually?

I mean you are obviously a big fan if you are buying the console for the sake of one game, but you couldn't have lasted til it comes out on PS4 in what (for you) would be a more enjoyable playing experience?

Comes out in next Xmas for the PS4, I'll still enjoy it on the X1 with the newer controller tho, it was a great price too so why not.

Comes out in next Xmas for the PS4, I'll still enjoy it on the X1 with the newer controller tho, it was a great price too so why not.

Hadn't realised the exclusivity ran for nearly a year

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

I cracked and ordered all the currently available Lego Dimensions packs from shop.lego.com. It's my son's 5th birthday next week and Xmas is coming - that's my excuse...

Portal2 (71203)
    Back to the Future (71201)
    Dr Who (71204)
    The Simpsons (71202)

They're €10 cheaper each than Smyths, I used €15 VIP points (earned another 104 points) AND got a (2nd) free Xmas train (40138)!

Smyths don't let you use their vouchers on Dimensions, they classify it as "software" (each pack contains 80-100 bricks). Saved myself best part of €60!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

dbloke wrote: »
    I cracked and ordered all the currently available Lego Dimensions packs from shop.lego.com. It's my son's 5th birthday next week and Xmas is coming - that's my excuse...

Portal2 (71203)
    Dr Who (71204)
    The Simpsons (71202)

They're €10 cheaper each than Smyths, I used €15 VIP points (earned another 104 points) AND got a (2nd) free Xmas train (40138)!

Smyths don't let you use their vouchers on Dimensions, they classify it as "software" (each pack contains 80-100 bricks). Saved myself best part of €60!
    Oh no, what have you done?

Now I can't unsee that. Must. Not. Buy....... Arrrgh. :)

Oh no, what have you done?

Now I can't unsee that. Must. Not. Buy....... Arrrgh. :)

Same... off to Lego now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

dbloke wrote: »

Portal2 (71203)
    Dr Who (71204)
    The Simpsons (71202)

Did it still not cost a hella amount of money though

Is EA Access any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is EA Access any good?

Yes, everyone here would highly recommend it!

10+ full games yours for as long as your subscription is active. 10 hour trials for all new EA games including Star Wars Battlefront which isn't out until the 19th in Ireland but we can play 10 hours of full unrestricted gameplay including achievements starting from tomorrow.

Also, 10% discount on any EA game/dlc purchased digitally.

Thread about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057259396

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement