Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yes, everyone here would highly recommend it!

10+ full games yours for as long as your subscription is active. 10 hour trials for all new EA games including Star Wars Battlefront which isn't out until the 19th in Ireland but we can play 10 hours of full unrestricted gameplay including achievements starting from tomorrow.

Also, 10% discount on any EA game/dlc purchased digitally.

Thread about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057259396

You can play it for 10 hours without buying the full game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

SMC92Ian wrote:
    You can play it for 10 hours without buying the full game?

Yep as long as you have the EA Access subscription active.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yep as long as you have the EA Access subscription active.

Cool, guess I'll use my free month and have a go of Battlefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Game are currently selling MGS V:Phantom Pain for £30 and are selling Transformers Devastation for £20.

Game are currently selling MGS V:Phantom Pain for £30 and are selling Transformers Devastation for £20.

And Gears of War Ultimate for £15 which includes all the 360 Gears too, bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

And Gears of War Ultimate for £15 which includes all the 360 Gears too, bargain!

Great price. Parcel motel?

Can't make my mind up as they are doing the pre-owned version for £22.99 :D

amadablam wrote: »
    Great price. Parcel motel?

Can't make my mind up as they are doing the pre-owned version for £22.99 :D

Up to you whether to PM it or not ,shipping to here is £2.95 and Game don't adjust for Irish VAT like they should under EU law.

The preowned version of Transformers is a bigger bargin, only £13 more than a new copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Amazon have some pretty good lightening deals on games today.

I just picked up Arkham Knight (a collectors edition with a statue) for GBP 25.00, and see they have the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for GBP 5.00.

Need to be quick before they are all claimed though.

Lego Dimensions is €85 in Argos until Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Faker74 wrote: »
    Amazon have some pretty good lightening deals on games today.

I just picked up Arkham Knight (a collectors edition with a statue) for GBP 25.00, and see they have the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for GBP 5.00.

Need to be quick before they are all claimed though.

Gutted I missed out. I'm on a waiting list but I'm not hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Lego Dimensions is €85 in Argos until Tuesday.

Just for the 360. Xbox one still 119.
    Amazon FR has it for 80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Is supervalu still doing the Black Ops 3 for 50. It says "while stocks last" would that mean when they get more it won't be 50 cause my supervalu has ran out ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Rorok wrote: »
    Is supervalu still doing the Black Ops 3 for 50. It says "while stocks last" would that mean when they get more it won't be 50 cause my supervalu has ran out ;(

I don't think they will get anymore. Once there gone there gone kind of a thing. It's only 56 in argos anyway I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Any Elite controllers available anywhere , if not any idea when stock will become available again?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I don't think they will get anymore. Once there gone there gone kind of a thing. It's only 56 in argos anyway I think

Its €70 in argos ;(

Anyone know the cheapest place for black ops 3 now, amaxon has it for €56 and supervalu is sold put almost everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Its €70 in argos ;(

It went up so. think it's 65 in smiths

rottie 11 wrote: »
    It went up so. think it's 65 in smiths
    No €70 there too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Think i heard something about Supervalu having it for 50

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any Elite controllers available anywhere , if not any idea when stock will become available again?

Game in the UK. I got mine there last week. Delivery was very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Anyone know the cheapest place for black ops 3 now, amaxon has it for €56

Yeah some Supervalu shops are selling at 50.
    Here's the full list of the shops that sell it
    https://supervalu.ie/view/var/files/about/Call-of-Duty.pdf

Shabaz50 wrote: »

Sold out though

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    until stocks last, sadly theyre gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ok guys, I'm posting this in here because Harvey Normans do Xbox too
    Anyway, there is a big sale on this Wednesday in all stores but its a Friends & Family night so if anyone is interested they need to sign up at the following link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W9sGkdqmLJ4PJfEEc1LhU8KA9Y7rdcoTx7gapyLLmAI/viewform and they will need to know someone in one of the stores that they are going to.
    You should visit one today maybe and get the name of one of the employees there then use that ;)
    Discounts will be from 40% to 50% so for anyone still looking to get Ryse Son of Rome, you might be able to get it for €12

I'll be heading in to see if there is anything useful I could get like an external Hardrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Ok guys, I'm posting this in here because Harvey Normans do Xbox too
    Anyway, there is a big sale on this Wednesday in all stores but its a Friends & Family night so if anyone is interested they need to sign up at the following link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W9sGkdqmLJ4PJfEEc1LhU8KA9Y7rdcoTx7gapyLLmAI/viewform and they will need to know someone in one of the stores that they are going to.
    You should visit one today maybe and get the name of one of the employees there then use that ;)
    Discounts will be from 40% to 50% so for anyone still looking to get Ryse Son of Rome, you might be able to get it for €12

I'll be heading in to see if there is anything useful I could get like an external Hardrive

Sounds good :) but I hope that the Xbone game stock is better for the rest of the stores in the country than it is here in limerick as its non existent :)

amadablam wrote: »
    Sounds good :) but I hope that the Xbone game stock is better for the rest of the stores in the country than it is here in limerick as its non existent :)

It doesnt seem to be good anywhere, they havent got BO3 or even FALLOUT 4, their newest game seems to be in dying light, its a shame they have so little because the prices are actually good there :/

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

until stocks last, sadly theyre gone

They are not gone,just after buying one in Lackagh.
    What made you think that?

I was at one of them "VIP" nights in harvey norman a few weeks back. I didn't really see anything that great. My friend got a tv which was a few hundred off but then seen a similar tv on sale in argos for cheaper the next day :pac:

Sorry if you work for them, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Hi all. I'm currently in debating whether to buy an Xbox one. I've had 3 Xboxs so far, 2 have developed RROD and the latest has caused me problems also. So I'm slightly worried about going with another Xbox given the history. Any thoughts or opinions ?

Argos seem to be the best place for a console deals. Would be looking for a 500gb console with Fallout 4 and the likes of assassins creed/black ops etc.

Is the run up to Christmas the best time to purchase or are they likely to drop much post Christmas.

Also, I'm slightly confused by the backward compatibility with older 360 games. Is this across the entire range or only select titles?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Negative_G wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm currently in debating whether to buy an Xbox one. I've had 3 Xboxs so far, 2 have developed RROD and the latest has caused me problems also. So I'm slightly worried about going with another Xbox given the history. Any thoughts or opinions ?

Argos seem to be the best place for a console deals. Would be looking for a 500gb console with Fallout 4 and the likes of assassins creed/black ops etc.

Is the run up to Christmas the best time to purchase or are they likely to drop much post Christmas.

Also, I'm slightly confused by the backward compatibility with older 360 games. Is this across the entire range or only select titles?

Thanks in advance.

Regarding the RROD. You have absolutely nothing to worry about in that sense on xbox one. That was their number 1 priority when building the console. There is one giant ass fan nearly half the size of the console inside it keeping it more than cool enough whilst still staying quite.

Yeah Argos generally has the best deals, keep an eye out on Black Friday November 27th & Cyber Monday on the 30th, there's usually great bargains to be had.

I would expect the best bargains to be then & before Christmas.

The backwards compatibility there is 100+ games at the moment, with more being added regularly. They've already announced more for December all the bioshocks, black ops etc.

When it comes to backwards compatibility, all microsoft need is the thumbs up from each game developer to enable it in b.c.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement