Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Thanks for the reply Miskyboy. Glad to hear they finally addressed the RROD. Having had Xboxs through the years I'm finding it hard to be swayed toward a PS4 and for a non techy person, I can't find a massive measurable spec difference between them. Having said that I haven't actually played either.

Ive been keeping a keen eye on the Bargain Alerts forum as prices are regularly thrown up but had forgotten about black Friday. I'll keep the ear to the ground.

Without going too much off topic, what's been your own experience with the Xbox one? I'd consider myself a fairly casual gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ok guys, I'm posting this in here because Harvey Normans do Xbox too
    Anyway, there is a big sale on this Wednesday in all stores but its a Friends & Family night so if anyone is interested they need to sign up at the following link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W9sGkdqmLJ4PJfEEc1LhU8KA9Y7rdcoTx7gapyLLmAI/viewform and they will need to know someone in one of the stores that they are going to.
    You should visit one today maybe and get the name of one of the employees there then use that ;)
    Discounts will be from 40% to 50% so for anyone still looking to get Ryse Son of Rome, you might be able to get it for €12

I'll be heading in to see if there is anything useful I could get like an external Hardrive

I was in one of these last year with my friend. It's is a load of ****. Original prices are marked up, the put of with discount to look nice.
    I was checking all stuff in there with my phone in competitors stores and those were cheaper elsewhere even after discount.
    You can come in even if you don't know anyone. They just make it look special in reality it's just amazing publicity stunt.
    Last year they did not had any discounts for games or consoles too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    They are not gone,just after buying one in Lackagh.
    What made you think that?

In my supervalu they arent there at all, besides for the 360 version (but no one wants that)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Hi Guys don't know if anyone has seen this but you can get Xbox one/ Gears of war bundle + fallout 4 for €319 on Argos.....

use the special offers.

Untitled_zpsmx4jzkot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Yep. Its sold out everywhere though.

Was looking at buying one today......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 DylanGTi

Anyone have any idea on wheres the cheapest place to pick up a Xbox one controller? (Preferably the new model with the 3.5mm jack) I think shopto is the cheapest but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Argos have a camouflage one for 44.99 reduced from 65,son got it few weeks back and says its better than his original. Think its called covert forces or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

1997 wrote: »
    Argos have a camouflage one for 44.99 reduced from 65,son got it few weeks back and says its better than his original. Think its called covert forces or something.

Stock running out on that one,most of Dublin stock gone.Still some stock in Wexford etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ben101 wrote: »
    Stock running out on that one,most of Dublin stock gone.Still some stock in Wexford etc.

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DylanGTi

1997 wrote: »

Ah thanks I'll have to have a look for that, hopefully I'll be able to pick it up somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

trixiebust wrote: »

Nice, this friday for gold members. If Gears goes cheap I might grab it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Needed to check the calendar twice there, got confused about the date :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I'm still a bit confused :O it says November 24th but that's not a Friday ?

YEah, Black Friday is the 27th but Microsoft are starting it on Tuesday instead.
    Americans are easily confused with dates ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

YEah, Black Friday is the 27th but Microsoft are starting it on Tuesday instead.
    Americans are easily confused with dates ;) lol

Ah rite so it starts next Tuesday until that Friday. Have a bit of time to put away a few pound so :)

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I'm still a bit confused :O it says November 24th but that's not a Friday ?

Tuesday 24th sale starts for everyone (gold & silver)

Friday 20th sale starts for gold members:

Dza84dZ.png?1

at least that's what I gathered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Me too. Thought black Friday wasn't until Friday the 27th, but Microsoft have decided otherwise :eek:

You have no idea how much restraint i showed last year and did not buy a single thing in the store.......same cant be said for the laptop I got in the PC World Black Friday sale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode One is currently free on Xbox One

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just bought xbox live gold for 12 months on cdkeys for my son, however he wont be using it until xmas with his new xbone,will there be any problems with this?
    Normally when I buy from here he uses code straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dcully wrote: »
    Just bought xbox live gold for 12 months on cdkeys for my son, however he wont be using it until xmas with his new xbone,will there be any problems with this?

Impossible to tell. I would redeem it ASAP. You really don't want to be trying to contact CDkeys at Christmas if any issue arises from the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Dcully wrote: »

Those codes are usually good until end of MS fiscal year which is end of june.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Dcully wrote:
    Just bought xbox live gold for 12 months on cdkeys for my son, however he wont be using it until xmas with his new xbone,will there be any problems with this? Normally when I buy from here he uses code straight away.

Does he already have live if so the 12 months will stack on top of the existing one

maximoose wrote: »

I have spent the past hour trying to download this game but anytime I click on it on the link, it asks me to add my credit card and when I try to and click next I get the error "Check your postal code and try again." Its annoying!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have spent the past hour trying to download this game but anytime I click on it on the link, it asks me to add my credit card and when I try to and click next I get the error "Check your postal code and try again." Its annoying!! :mad:

Make sure your locale is right, xbox.com can **** up your region and cause the issue you are seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    And Gears of War Ultimate for £15 which includes all the 360 Gears too, bargain!

Does every copy of GOWU come with the 360 ones or only if you buy it off Game?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

maximoose wrote: »

Is it any good?

• Advertisement

Does every copy of GOWU come with the 360 ones or only if you buy it off Game?

Any copy of it, as long as you play it by December 31st on your account, you will be credited the other gears games, probably via message with a redeemable code I'd imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement