Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Any copy of it, as long as you play it by December 31st on your account, you will be credited the other gears games, probably via message with a redeemable code I'd imagine.

What's to stop you from renting the game ahead of time and claiming the downloads? Just curious, I have em all already.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Any copy of it, as long as you play it by December 31st on your account, you will be credited the other gears games, probably via message with a redeemable code I'd imagine.

Cool thanks.

Any idea how much delivery is with 'Game'?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What's to stop you from renting the game ahead of time and claiming the downloads? Just curious, I have em all already.

No idea tbh. Maybe it comes with a code in case but afaik it doesn't.

I'll check an unboxing video to confirm.

Cool thanks.

Any idea how much delivery is with 'Game'?

£2.95 or €4.20ish for delivery to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

That really is a bargain, think I'll purchase ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is it any good?

I really enjoyed the full game

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Maybe it works like the backwards compatible games that you own on disc? So you'd need to have the disc in the console to authenticate ownership before the game will launch?

That is just pure speculation

Faker74 wrote: »
    Maybe it works like the backwards compatible games that you own on disc? So you'd need to have the disc in the console to authenticate ownership before the game will launch?

That is just pure speculation

Oh yeah maybe, there's no code in games box apart from 2 day gold trial as far as I could see.

They were all games with gold before apart from Gears of War 2 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

sweetie wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the full game

Same, its good bit I think revelations 1 is betrer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have spent the past hour trying to download this game but anytime I click on it on the link, it asks me to add my credit card and when I try to and click next I get the error "Check your postal code and try again." Its annoying!! :mad:

You need a valid payment method associated with your account before downloading anything free.
    Go to the Microsoft commerce website to edit your payment details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Wouldn't recommend those scum at all, said my order was shipped, 2 days later told me they don't ship items of weight to Ireland and canned my order... why did they tell me it was shipped 2 days ago then, shower of...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Wouldn't recommend those scum at all, said my order was shipped, 2 days later told me they don't ship items of weight to Ireland and canned my order... why did they tell me it was shipped 2 days ago then, shower of...

A bit over the top i think. I ordered the Elite Controller from Game and had it 3 days later.

It clearly says on the website in the delivery section that they don't ship items above 1000g outside the UK.

So if your order was above that weight it's your own fault if you tried to have it delivered to your address as using Parcel Motel would have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Argos have Battlefront online for 66, will it be 56 in store or are they not doing it for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

You need a valid payment method associated with your account before downloading anything free.
    Go to the Microsoft commerce website to edit your payment details.

I do have a valid payment method though.
    I have been able to get the current GWG for the past year with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Check your account locale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I have a feeling that purchasing EA Access uses EA rules rather than Microsofts, and they've got more restrictions on purchasing methods. From their website, it seems that they only accept "select" prepaid credit cards.

It's just my thoughts on it, more anecdotal than anything else, but normally if I buy anything from Microsoft, I get a Microsoft email and a tax receipt from Microsoft, but with EA Access, I just got an EA Access email.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I have a feeling that purchasing EA Access uses EA rules rather than Microsofts, and they've got more restrictions on purchasing methods. From their website, it seems that they only accept "select" prepaid credit cards.

It's just my thoughts on it, more anecdotal than anything else, but normally if I buy anything from Microsoft, I get a Microsoft email and a tax receipt from Microsoft, but with EA Access, I just got an EA Access email.

I think you got the wrong person there Cat ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think you got the wrong person there Cat ;)

Lol. I'm so tired that I'm losing track of conversations that I've literally just read.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sop931

Hi guys,
    Quick question, any idea where to get the cheapest GTA V physical copy?
    Thanks!

sop931 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Thanks!

Try CEX
    I have seen it in Gamestop for €70 and 2nd hand for I think it was €60ish
    CEX have it for around €55
    Or try adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Odd that Argos have removed all Xbox One console listings.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Odd that Argos have removed all Xbox One console listings.....

The argos site goes mental around now with traffic issues. Make sure the url at the end is .html, rather than .htm

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

sop931 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Thanks!

£34.95 on the game collection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Argos really do have some great offers on at the moment. Xbox One with Tomb Raider or GOW for 339 euro.

You could sell Tomb Raider for 45-50 and the console would only stand you circa 285 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

logik wrote: »
    Argos really do have some great offers on at the moment. Xbox One with Tomb Raider or GOW for 339 euro.

You could sell Tomb Raider for 45-50 and the console would only stand you circa 285 euro.

throw a tenner with the GOW bundle and you can get Fallout 4 included as well.
    Gears gets you access to the other 3 games in the franchise too, so an xbox one and 5 games for €350. bargain. 4 gears of war games all at once might be a bit much though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

emmetkenny wrote: »
    A bit over the top i think. I ordered the Elite Controller from Game and had it 3 days later.

It clearly says on the website in the delivery section that they don't ship items above 1000g outside the UK.

So if your order was above that weight it's your own fault if you tried to have it delivered to your address as using Parcel Motel would have worked.

My fault? They took my money and emailed me saying my order has shipped!

Then days later said they cancelled it, bunch of liars, why did they tell me it was even shipped if it wasn't even ready.

Then days later said they cancelled it, bunch of liars, why did they tell me it was even shipped if it wasn't even ready.

It was probably boxed up and ready to be collected by the courier, and then cancelled when the weight and destination were realised. Not exactly a huge deal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Like Runawaybishop said it was probably boxed up for shipping and then put on a scale and they noticed it was over the shipping weight.

What did you order out of interest, Fallout Pip Boy Edition?

If you knew it was over the 1000g you should not have placed the order as you should have realised it was likely to be cancelled.

I've only order once from Game and mine arrived within 3 days so I can't complain about them.

Also bear in mind that Fallout 3 was out last week (maybe week before) and was the biggest preorder of the year so they were more than likely still playing catch up on that so shipping and processing may have slipped a little due to the demand.

• Advertisement

Will the black Friday deals that go live on XBL tomorrow be available from midnight does anyone know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement