Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Will the black Friday deals that go live on XBL tomorrow be available from midnight does anyone know?

I think its usually around 10am they show up.

I eagerly await a nicely curated table. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just got my redeem codes for Gears 1 & 2 from XBL for playing the Ultimate Edition. No sign of codes for 3 and Judgment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just got my redeem codes for Gears 1 & 2 from XBL for playing the Ultimate Edition. No sign of codes for 3 and Judgment yet.
    Is it already in your "Ready to install" list in the My games and apps section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Is it already in your "Ready to install" list in the My games and apps section.

Yep, they were there a good few days ago for me.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Yep, they were there a good few days ago for me.

Gears 1 already was from getting it on GWG.
    I received a message with a redeem key for each game with a thanks for playing GoW UE. I have now just got a similar message with keys for GoW3 and Judgment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Gears 1 already was from getting it on GWG.
    I received a message with a redeem key for each game with a thanks for playing GoW UE. I have now just got a similar message with keys for GoW3 and Judgment.

The rest of them were already there for me all week. They popped up the day the bc list became available.

tony1980 wrote: »
    The rest of them were already there for me all week. They popped up the day the bc list became available.

They would if you already had all 4 games digitally, and also available to install by using the game disc.

369070.pngDon't bother trying to enter the codes on the message, both have been redeemed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Plenty of Elite controllers coming into stock in Argos, I picked mine up in Naas last weekend, there are 4 listed in Dundrum, 1 in Stephen's Green and 1 in Blanch, probably more in other stores but I just checked a few I would normally be near!

Plenty of Elite controllers coming into stock in Argos, I picked mine up in Naas last weekend, there are 4 listed in Dundrum, 1 in Stephen's Green and 1 in Blanch, probably more in other stores but I just checked a few I would normally be near!

Plus you get €20 off RotTR, Battlefront or Blops3 when you buy an elite pad in Argos. Or you can wait and see if Smyths get them back in stock at €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Halo The Master Chief Collection is only 32.49Euro on Extravisions website.

Great value imo considering gamestop are selling it for 70Euro.

Would make a brilliant Christmas present for anyone who has not yet played the halo series or those looking for some nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Halo:MCC is 32.50 in HMV as well, they have copies in both Henry St. and Grafton Street as of last week, if that suits anyone better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hmm and xtra vision Are the same stores lads

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

And Finkle is Einhorn :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

And now it seems Xtravision will be no more after Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

And Finkle is Einhorn :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭knobtasticus

Lads, anyone in the Carlow area or within driving distance of Carlow Argos - I've an Elite Controller on reserve for another 3 hours. There was only two left last night, one in Dundrum and one in Carlow so I opted for the closer one. Give me a shout if anyone fancies the reservation number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Cheapest place for bo3, everywhere the prices seem to be going up and I don't think my supervalu is getting a restock :(

Rorok wrote: »
    Cheapest place for bo3, everywhere the prices seem to be going up and I don't think my supervalu is getting a restock :(

I'd say you can forget about supervalu, most of them were gone on launch day.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    And now it seems Xtravision will be no more after Xmas

28 shops and 90 jobs gone by the end of January. Sorry about the jobs but in terms of pricing you would rarely see them/hmv featured in this thread anymore. Remember HMV used to be the day 1 shop of choice for picking up a physical copy of a game.

Argos need to start taking pre-orders for games like the do in the UK.

If xtra-vision went digital sub like netflix but with a better selection of films... and thats not hard to beat Irish netflix they could survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liordi wrote: »

Seems to be a very good deal alright. You could trade in either game for €50 cash each in CEX if they weren't for you so your getting the Xbox for €269

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

28 shops and 90 jobs gone by the end of January. Sorry about the jobs but in terms of pricing you would rarely see them/hmv featured in this thread anymore. Remember HMV used to be the day 1 shop of choice for picking up a physical copy of a game.

If xtra-vision went digital sub like netflix but with a better selection of films... and thats not hard to beat Irish netflix they could survive.

I'm sorry to derail this thread but in what world would Xtravision have the negotiation power to beat Netflix to movie selection deals?

miralize wrote: »
    I'm sorry to derail this thread but in what world would Xtravision have the negotiation power to beat Netflix to movie selection deals?

Plus Ireland is too small a pool to make a profit for that kind of service without also operating in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DylanGTi

1997 wrote: »
    Argos have a camouflage one for 44.99 reduced from 65,son got it few weeks back and says its better than his original. Think its called covert forces or something.

Managed to pick one up in Wexford yesterday, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know the cheapest place to purchase the Storm Island DLC for Forza Horizon 2?

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to purchase the Storm Island DLC for Forza Horizon 2?

it comes up on sale regularly enough on the deals with gold, I got it there for 50% off IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My local hmv come xtravison has quite a good offer that I take in since they started it as a trail is that you get unlimited game retails for 15 euros a month you can also take one blu ray with you as well. But your only aload one game at a time.

I find it to be extramly handy and thanks to it I have played maybe 12 games in 6 months on it. Considering a game is working out 7.50 each to play you would lose more if you where buying the game and then trading it in.

But I am lucky to have both ps4 and xbox one so if they don't have the game on Say the xbox I get it for the ps4. But sometimes you are going in hoping that they will have the game you won't. They also have a lot of the smaller ps4 games Eg the psn games that come out on disk.

They have up the price to 25 now but at 15 it's a bargin and won't get rid of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement