Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

baldshin wrote: »
    Halo Fan Bundle (Halo 5, Halo MCC and Halo Controller)

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...)(881692730)()

From the UK Microsoft store, works out at roughly €77 + Parcel Motel/Wizard charge.

Link seems to be broken. Redirects to main page. I did a search and the only version I can find is £95STG.

Is there anything special about the controller other than it being Halo branded?

Edit: Did some research and it's being covered on HUKD. The price is £45 if you order over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Link seems to be broken. Redirects to main page. I did a search and the only version I can find is £95STG.

Is there anything special about the controller other than it being Halo branded?

Edit: Did some research and it's being covered on HUKD. The price is £45 if you order over the phone

Dunno what happened the link, price has been fixed now anyway, offer was a misprice!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Some good deals on consoles over at the Microsoft Store too...

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/list/Consoles/categoryID.66228000#

Consoles starting at €299

Anyone any idea how long these prices will be available for?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Anyone any idea how long these prices will be available for?

According to the website 4 days-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Argos has the 500GB Xbox One with Fifa 16 bundled (445/7910), Star Wars Battlefront (455/1139), and Rise of the Tomb Raider (439/7850) for €370. Deal expires today, and stock might be hard to find. Arklow, Carlow, Clonmel, and Monaghan currently have the console and Star Wars in stock. Only Arklow has Tomb Raider. The other three stores may allow you to take the bundle and come back for Tomb Raider when it's in stock.

If Argos isn't handy, the Mircosoft store has 500GB consoles starting at €300 and 1TB consoles at €350. Free delivery too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Argos has the 500GB Xbox One with Fifa 16 bundled (445/7910), Star Wars Battlefront (455/1139), and Rise of the Tomb Raider (439/7850) for €370. Deal expires today, and stock might be hard to find. Arklow, Carlow, Clonmel, and Monaghan currently have the console and Star Wars in stock. Only Arklow has Tomb Raider. The other three stores may allow you to take the bundle and come back for Tomb Raider when it's in stock.

If Argos isn't handy, the Mircosoft store has 500GB consoles starting at €300 and 1TB consoles at €350. Free delivery too.

Gamestop also have a 500gb, Fifa 16 and watchdogs for €299.95 only tomorrow and sat. (this was in the bray store)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Tippex wrote: »
    Gamestop also have a 500gb, Fifa 16 and watchdogs for €299.95 only tomorrow and sat. (this was in the bray store)

where do you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

hangar18_ wrote: »
    Great deals, tempted to cross over to the dark side

tumblr_inline_nsl4pbD7VC1rgk511_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Some good deals on consoles over at the Microsoft Store too...

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/list/Consoles/categoryID.66228000#

Consoles starting at €299

Was about to get the PS4 + Star Wars + FIFA 16 bundle from Amazon, until I saw this. Damn, not sure which one to get now

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

I'm between the fallout 4 bundle or the tomb raider bundle, whats rise of the tomb raider like lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I've been keeping an eye out for a good Xbox One deal and am tempted now to buy direct.

I'm looking for thoughts regarding the 500gb vs the 1tb models. I wouldn't be a hard core gamer by any stretch, nor do I store photos or videos on the console. At present I've a 250gb 360 with several games installed and never have come close to the limit.

Interested to hear opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Negative_G wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye out for a good Xbox One deal and am tempted now to buy direct.

I'm looking for thoughts regarding the 500gb vs the 1tb models. I wouldn't be a hard core gamer by any stretch, nor do I store photos or videos on the console. At present I've a 250gb 360 with several games installed and never have come close to the limit.

Interested to hear opinions.

Games for One and bigger than 360, we have a 500GB and is quite full just with free games with Gold, I would recommend a 1TB or of you go with 500GB get external drive, you can get cheap in Argos or Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

500gb fills up much quicker than you'd think. I'd go for the 1tb now if I had the choice!

booooonzo wrote: »
    where do you see that?

in the bray store

maximoose wrote: »
    500gb fills up much quicker than you'd think. I'd go for the 1tb now if I had the choice!

Totally agree on this but it is very very easy and cost effective to get an external drive to up the capacity

Shadow of Mordor (GOTY) is £15.99 at the moment in a flash sale on Amazon for XB1.

Also spotted Rare Replay for £9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know if the Shadow of Mordor season pass is worth getting? I see it's €12.50 on the Xbox Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone looking for Argos deal I have a code for the Xbox bundle. Have code for FIFA bundle and they have both games in stock so all you need to do is add them to basket.

Can't buy myself as won't get paid till tomorrow.

GONE...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xrflive

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for Argos deal I have a code for the Xbox bundle. Have code for FIFA bundle and they have both games in stock so all you need to do is add them to basket.

Can't buy myself as won't get paid till tomorrow.

Sent PM

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shadow of Mordor (GOTY) is £15.99 at the moment in a flash sale on Amazon for XB1.

Also spotted Rare Replay for £9.99

is rare replay worth it at that price?
    I like a good platform game so Banjo K would get played anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

xrflive wrote: »
    Sent PM

Gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

nava wrote: »
    Games for One and bigger than 360, we have a 500GB and is quite full just with free games with Gold, I would recommend a 1TB or of you go with 500GB get external drive, you can get cheap in Argos or Amazon.

Thanks. Is it a requirement that all games must be saved to the HD or can you opt to just play from the disc as is the case with the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Games need to be installed before you can play them from the disc

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

IIDSIIELMO wrote: »

100% claimed at the moment.

Delighted with Shadow of Mordor GOTY for 15.99. Been looking at getting it for a while.

hangar18_ wrote: »
    I'm between the fallout 4 bundle or the tomb raider bundle, whats rise of the tomb raider like lads

Everything I've heard about Tomb Raider is all VERY positive. It's a definite pickup for me, usually buy digital but might pick this up on disc, clear it in a few days and sell it on quickly to minimize cash spent.

This is one redditors review:
    Rise of the Tomb Raider is everything a video game should be

"Rise of the Tomb Raider has stunning visuals, wonderful sound design, a great story and excellent direction. The amount of intense obstacle/escape scenarios is so awesome, not to mention the huge amount collectibles and tombs. This is such a great game, it's just honestly such a shame that it doesn't seem to have taken off amidst Halo and Fallout.
    If you're on the fence about it, grab it, you'll love it."

But saying that, I'm a massive Fallout fan, it was a definite day 1 purchase for me whilst tomb raider was not. It might have been if there was not so many other games released around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Shocker, Gamestop seem to have a good deal tomorrow
    Xbox 500GB with Fifa 16, 1 Month EA Access and Watch Dogs for €299.99

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Shocker, Gamestop seem to have a good deal tomorrow
    Xbox 500GB with Fifa 16, 1 Month EA Access and Watch Dogs for €299.99

Not bad but Watchdogs is a bit crap :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Not bad but Watchdogs is a bit crap :)

Just see it as a further €9 off thanks to CeX :p

• Advertisement

anyone else just get that email from gamestop re: black friday ok a ps4 with watch dogs for 299 then if you click on games under 20 euro a pre-owned copy of mafia 2 your's for only 14.99 :Dhttps://www.gamestop.ie/black-friday-games-under-20

Was going to twitter or facebook them but seems they have me blocked for a past instance of calling them on their BS pricing lol

Edit: I challenge anyone who clicks on "Top titles slashed" on that page not to wet themselves laughing, surely they haven't applied any discounts yet ??????????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement