Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "Free shipping. Free returns."

Brilliant!

Think Im going to go ahead and buy Ryse. Been wanting to play it for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

not sure if posted previously but some good deal on physical games on the microsoft store, picked up sunset overdrive for 20 there

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/list/Games/categoryID.66228100

Oh god...I wonder if it'll accept one more transaction...

culs108749.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Anybody know what the cheapest official controller is at the moment? I've an €10 voucher for Argos expiring soon and trying to decide will I use it on a controller or a game. All but one of the limited edition controllers are out of stock in any Argos near me. It'll work out at about €53.

Side question. Cheapest Master Chief collection? I'll be buying it and the controller before Xmas so just trying to decide which to use my voucher on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anybody know what the cheapest official controller is at the moment? I've an €10 voucher for Argos expiring soon and trying to decide will I use it on a controller or a game. All but one of the limited edition controllers are out of stock in any Argos near me. It'll work out at about €53.

Side question. Cheapest Master Chief collection? I'll be buying it and the controller before Xmas so just trying to decide which to use my voucher on

Halo was 22.50 on black friday in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I just bought Halo MCC yesterday and it was still around 22.50 in hmv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

was just about to buy the normal edition in smyths for €55, might as well pay the extra five euro for this one. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

not sure if posted previously but some good deal on physical games on the microsoft store, picked up sunset overdrive for 20 there

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/list/Games/categoryID.66228100

The Mortal Kombat and Wireless controller for €55 doesn't seem too bad a deal either

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

deadl0ck wrote: »
    The Mortal Kombat and Wireless controller for €55 doesn't seem too bad a deal either

Thanks for that. That's what I was going to pay for the controller alone. Might sell the game :D

Thanks for that. That's what I was going to pay for the controller alone. Might sell the game :D
    Yep - not too bad value on cex either

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

was just about to buy the normal edition in smyths for €55, might as well pay the extra five euro for this one. thanks :)

Don't, you only get req packs for the extra money and you can earn them for free by playing the game anyway, plus they're only for one specific mode in multiplayer. Any substantial dlc for the game is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone spotted any discounts on digital € gift cards? Cd Keys all out of stock

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Don't, you only get req packs for the extra money and you can earn them for free by playing the game anyway, plus they're only for one specific mode in multiplayer. Any substantial dlc for the game is free.

Just shows I'm not a Halo player :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭PGE1970

CoD Black Ops III is £36stg with gamestop uk

All in around €55 with parcel motel. Best I could find it. Gamestop ireland had it at €55 this morning but by the time I went through the order process, it was out of stock!!! I'm not sure if a store would honour their online price?

See link:

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/51051/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii

1TB Xbox One with Fallout 4 & Fallout 3, €331 via parcel motel or €342 direct.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0166E0JC2?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Dacarm wrote: »
    Forza 6 €39.59 in Argos

(sorry I can't post the link as new user)

Do you guys know if I can get a similar price for the digital download somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

xboxdad wrote: »
    Do you guys know if I can get a similar price for the digital download somewhere?

Not really, most places are around €60 for a digital key for Forza.
    Best digital deal I've seen is a Forza 6/ Gears of War bundle for €71.49 from the Xbox store which nets you Forza 6 and all 4 Gears of War games. It's only available at that price until the store updates overnight, then it will go back to €109.99. If you consider that Forza 6 is €70 at full price you are getting an additional 4 games for €1.49.
    https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Bundle/Forza-Gears-Twin-Pack/ae0fd32f-8fdd-4fa4-b52d-680cbe278070

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

maximoose wrote: »
    Anyone spotted any discounts on digital € gift cards? Cd Keys all out of stock
    Gameladen.com has a decent price, if you don't mind that the site is in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Had the Mortal Kombat and controller in my basket but site wouldn't let me buy it. The online help lady says she'll call me. Turns out it's out of stock, then she says I see you have Shadow of Mordor, it's a great game isn't it? Had a nice chat about it, gave her some tips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

PGE1970 wrote: »
    CoD Black Ops III is £36stg with gamestop uk

All in around €55 with parcel motel. Best I could find it. Gamestop ireland had it at €55 this morning but by the time I went through the order process, it was out of stock!!! I'm not sure if a store would honour their online price?

See link:

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/51051/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii
    Its still
    €50 on amazon but both companies delivery is god awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rainbow 6 Siege is €52 in Argos.

I thought it wasn't out until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭knobtasticus

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Rainbow 6 Siege is 52 in Argos.

I thought it wasn't out until next week.

Don't waste your money. It's a terrible game. There's absolutely nothing 'Rainbow Six' about it.

Unless you played the beta and happened to enjoy it?

Don't waste your money. It's a terrible game. There's absolutely nothing 'Rainbow Six' about it.

No not picking it up myself just posting here in case someone fancied getting it.

3 for 2 on all games on Littlewoods.

Most games seem to be around €65 so three games for €130 or €43 each.

Just checked CEX for trade in prices and they give €52 for BLOPS and Battlefront so if you want one game say Rise Of The Tom Raider you can order the above as well and trade into CEX for €104 and get TR for €28

So got this today (very fast shipping !) but it's not a physical copy of MK - it's a download code for it :(
    Not too impressed as I live in the sticks and my download speed is 5 Meg so this will take days to download while hogging my bandwidth :mad: - it's 38 Bloody gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I enjoyed the beta and it wasn't even my type of game :)

I bought rainbow 6 siege. I loved the beta. It has pretty good reviews all around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

So got this today (very fast shipping !) but it's not a physical copy of MK - it's a download code for it :(
    Not too impressed as I live in the sticks and my download speed is 5 Meg so this will take days to download while hogging my bandwidth :mad: - it's 38 Bloody gig

Sell the download code on adverts or something like that and you can pick up a new hard copy of it in store at Argos for €25.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Wouldn't you have to install the physical copy aswel and download the updates. I don't think it would make any difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you have to install the physical copy aswel and download the updates. I don't think it would make any difference

Switching to offline and installing from Disc is quicker - ok the updates will still need to install later but that would only be 12-15 GB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement