Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭knobtasticus

OP could rent a physical disc (or borrow one) and install the bulk of the game from there. He can then verify the purchase using the digital code. Then it's just the updates and MK seems to have had a LOT of updates since release, 12-15GB seems about right if not spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So got this today (very fast shipping !) but it's not a physical copy of MK - it's a download code for it :(
    Not too impressed as I live in the sticks and my download speed is 5 Meg so this will take days to download while hogging my bandwidth :mad: - it's 38 Bloody gig

If you didnt mind spending another fiver, you could always rent the disc copy, install it, then redeem your download code to allow you to keep playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

25% off Singapore Credit on the Microsoft store now. Fill your boots lads.

It was 15% off over the weekend and I got enough for two new release games for €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Thanks for that, just got Rise of the Tomb Raider for €36 :)

Now trying to find something to spend the other $30SG on, does anyone remember that site that shows you the price of games in all the different marketplaces? Browsing xbox website store is still such a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Presume you'd need a Singapore account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Good man emmetkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »

Now trying to find something to spend the other $30SG on, does anyone remember that site that shows you the price of games in all the different marketplaces? Browsing xbox website store is still such a pain

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

is that the one?

emmetkenny wrote: »

It was 15% off over the weekend and I got enough for two new release games for €80.

Just an update here on some prices when I got them at 15% off

Black Ops 3 works out at €37
    Ori and the Blind Forest works or at € 7.25
    Tomb Raider works out at €40

Obviously they'll be cheaper again if you get 25% off your gift cards.

Save the Credit until the Xbox sales ?

Yeah I plan to now, had a quick look and wasn't much under 30 that tempted me. Let's hope the sales are good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yeah I plan to now, had a quick look and wasn't much under 30 that tempted me. Let's hope the sales are good :)

Can you buy the credit and redeem it on your own account?

Buy more credit. I've $140 on my account but might get another $100 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Got some credit there bought Rainbow Six and hoped I had enough to Tomb Raider with the remaining credit I had. Ended up $3 short :o Oh well better buy more credit

Buy more credit. I've $140 on my account but might get another $100 :D

If I wasn't going to Vegas next week I'd be going wild :pac:
    SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Can you buy the credit and redeem it on your own account?

Yep, you buy - get the voucher code and redeem. Then buy from the singapore online store

If I wasn't going to Vegas next week I'd be going wild :pac:

Yep, you buy - get the voucher code and redeem. Then buy from the singapore online store

Lucky you , to see the fight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

I have to stop reading this forum. You guys have me broke! Last thing I need is another game, but it just has to be done. I'll keep it for later.

Well spotted, cheers for sharing.

wrt40 wrote: »
    I have to stop reading this forum. You guys have me broke! Last thing I need is another game, but it just has to be done. I'll keep it for later.

Well spotted, cheers for sharing.

I need a new HD :(

I've only bought one game on disc in two years now. May see if any of the lads want to game share so I can get even more games for cheaper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I've only bought one game on disc in two years now. May see if any of the lads want to game share so I can get even more games for cheaper :D

I wiped a console and needed to re-downoad my games. Had about 70 in my queue yesterday, still 5 to go and so far have pulled down 800GB of data.

I wiped a console and needed to re-downoad my games. Had about 70 in my queue yesterday, still 5 to go and so far have pulled down 800GB of data.

Your ISP will love you :P

I was half thinking of getting a second HD and just keeping a copy of all my 'main' games on it just in case something went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Glad to see I'm not the only one to run out of space! My internal 2TB filled a while back. Now the extra 500gb external is half full already :eek:

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Glad to see I'm not the only one to run out of space! My internal 2TB filled a while back. Now the extra 500gb external is half full already :eek:

I've an external 1TB and the internal 500gb. Space is getting tight now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've an external 1TB and the internal 500gb. Space is getting tight now though.

I've an internal 500 and an external 2tb. Filling up rapidly, less than 1tb free space between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Jesus that will save me a mint, needed to pickup black ops3 , just cause 3 and battlefront for the young lad for Chrimbo, nice one thanks for that.. now to buy from a different region store for the first time GULP! whats the deal with language and DLC??

Jesus that will save me a mint, needed to pickup black ops3 , just cause 3 and battlefront for the young lad for Chrimbo, nice one thanks for that.. now to buy from a different region store for the first time GULP! whats the deal with language and DLC??

No problem with language or DlC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

No problem with language or DlC.

If I buy star war from Singapore, I can buy the DLC from say the US ? I also thought you had to buy DLC from the same region u bought the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If I buy star war from Singapore, I can buy the DLC from say the US ? I also thought you had to buy DLC from the same region u bought the game
    Yes, there are no region restrictions on Xbox One, both DLC and games.

No there are no region restrictions on Xbox One.

DLC tends to follow the main game pricing. If the main game is the cheapest on the US store then the DLC is usually cheapest there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So got this today (very fast shipping !) but it's not a physical copy of MK - it's a download code for it :(
    Not too impressed as I live in the sticks and my download speed is 5 Meg so this will take days to download while hogging my bandwidth :mad: - it's 38 Bloody gig

Crap. I got the same deal and was hoping to sell the game to CeX. Only interested in the controller.

Anybody interested in buying it? I'll stick it up on Adverts in a while

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think beanbagjohnny is looking for an Xbox life partner. :p

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think beanbagjohnny is looking for an Xbox life partner. :p

Might say it to him and see what he thinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement