Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mickeroo wrote:
    I think beanbagjohnny is looking for an Xbox life partner.

Me three!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

How many people can you have game sharing with?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

How many people can you have game sharing with?

Think you can only share with 1 other person. Open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Think you can only share with 1 other person. Open to correction

Yeah just 1 person. But you could create another account to share with someone else, as long as that secondary profile is logged in on your xbox, you'll be able to play the games on your main account too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah just 1 person. But you could create another account to share with someone else, as long as that secondary profile is logged in on your xbox, you'll be able to play the games on your main account too.

How many people can set an Xbox as their home xbox?

• Advertisement

How many people can set an Xbox as their home xbox?

I'm not sure if there is a limit. I never seen it mentioned anywhere anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Some great deals for the game awards. On mobile so can't post link but details are up on major Nelson. Life is strange 10, witcher 3 25 etc

Sale now on live - /middle finger to tables
    :cool:

Of the ones I've checked dollar pricing is pretty close to eu pricing.

The Game Awards 2015 Sale

Batman: Arkham Knight - $32.49
    Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition - $53.99
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition - $24.00
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III - $49.79
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III Deluxe Edition - $89.99
    Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition - $40.19
    Forza Motorsport 6 - $49.79
    Halo 5: Guardians - $47.99
    Life is Strange: Episode 1 - $2.50
    Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) - $10.00
    Mortal Kombat X - $25.00
    Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition - $43.99
    NBA 2K16 - $47.99
    NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition - $59.99
    Ori and the Blind Forest - $10.00
    Skylanders Superchargers - $29.99
    Tales From the Borderlands Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) - $10.00
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - $24.00
    The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition - $32.00
    The Elder Scrolls Online Premium Edition - $48.00
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - $25.00
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt + Expansion Pass - $48.74

I'm going to copy past this and post in the other thread too mods in case it's missed due to the unusual timing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'm not sure if there is a limit. I never seen it mentioned anywhere anyway.

I thought just one, will check it out tomorrow at work.

I thought just one, will check it out tomorrow at work.

I have 2 friends set my xbox as their home xbox and it's working fine :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have 2 friends set my xbox as their home xbox and it's working fine :cool:

Nice. I have a few accounts so to organise tomorrow!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    25% off Singapore Credit on the Microsoft store now. Fill your boots lads.

It was 15% off over the weekend and I got enough for two new release games for €80.

I finally buckled and bought 100 Singapore dollars worth of credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I finally buckled and bought 100 Singapore dollars worth of credit.

Your saving money though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I just bought JUst Cause 3 & Tomb Raider 2 for about 73 euro. Not sure if I'm ecstatic or weeping at my wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

So I buy Singapore credit on the Xbox site on my account, change my location to Singapore and buy the game?

If it can't be discussed on the thread maybe someone could pm me on how it works
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Hococop wrote: »
    So I buy Singapore credit on the Xbox site on my account, change my location to Singapore and buy the game?

If it can't be discussed on the thread maybe someone could pm me on how it works
    Thanks

I would like too know this too just got an Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Bought some SG credit, tried to redeem using my Irish XB account. It told me I am in the wrong region and if I had moved, to change location in settings. Am I going about it the right way? Can I just change the region through the console?. Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You can change the region on the console yeah

I redeemed the code on http://billing.microsoft.com and then bought games through http://www.xbox.com/en-SG

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Bought some SG credit, tried to redeem using my Irish XB account. It told me I am in the wrong region and if I had moved, to change location in settings. Am I going about it the right way? Can I just change the train through the console?. Thanks..

You shouldn't keep change the regions on the console itself.

As far as I'm aware Microsoft only allow a certain amount of region switches every few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's the locale setting for your XBL profile, console region can be switched willy nilly afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You shouldn't keep change the regions on the console itself.

As far as I'm aware Microsoft only allow a certain amount of region switches every few months.

I think that's only for the 360 because you need to change your profiles region but on the one you just change the console region, I have changed my region on my one as much as 5 or 6 times in one day and bought from different marketplaces within minutes of each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE:

Discussion of deals found on foreign websites are totally fine, however, talk of how to get around region restrictions is not allowed across all boards.ie forums.

Please bear this in mind.

CIAB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Picked up one this morning. Was showing 339.99 at the till, but had the reservation on my phone.

Just setting it up now. Its huge compared to the PS4. Forgot that it had the external power brick as well. They really must have the fear of RROD (had two myself) when designing it. It's not a bad looking machine and I don't have the urge to have to hide it as with the 360s. Controllers feel a little on the cheap side. I was huge fan of the 360s controllers and just over two years later still haven't fully got used to the stick layout of the playstation.

Updating....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Picked up one this morning. Was showing 339.99 at the till, but had the reservation on my phone.

Just setting it up now. Its huge compared to the PS4. Forgot that it had the external power brick as well. They really must have the fear of RROD (had two myself) when designing it. It's not a bad looking machine and I don't have the urge to have to hide it as with the 360s. Controllers feel a little on the cheap side. I was huge fan of the 360s controllers and just over two years later still haven't fully got used to the stick layout of the playstation.

Updating....

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Updating....

Yeah I moved from PS3 to XB1 in the last month, couldn't get over the size of the thing! Although its weirdly unobtrusive when tucked in a tv unit, almost like it is so black that your eye is never drawn to it ot never takes in its full dimensions!

Disagree on the controller though, after moving from the DualShock 3 it feels like much more the quality product, to me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Faker74 wrote: »
    Yeah I moved from PS3 to XB1 in the last month, couldn't get over the size of the thing! Although its weirdly unobtrusive when tucked in a tv unit, almost like it is so black that your eye is never drawn to it ot never takes in its full dimensions!

Disagree on the controller though, after moving from the DualShock 3 it feels like much more the quality product, to me at least.

Oh I thought the DS3 was a shockingly bad controller. I really liked the PS3, but that controller never worked for me. If sony hadn't had such a drastic redesign I'd have gone with the XBO over the PS4. As I said still not 100% on the symmetrical sticks. It's FPSs that it hits me on. Everything else I love about it (bar maybe the cheap rubber on the launch units). They again I'd literally over 1000 hours of FPS games with the 360 and dramatically less time with BF4 on the PS4. DAFUQ is with still having AA batteries or rechargeable packs!!!!

Other observations...

Lots of ports on the back.

The external drive thing is excellent. C'mon Sony, FFS.

Super quiet so far. Still installing though. I remember my launch 360 sounding like a hoover.

My internet is balls. I miss UPC when I lived in the city.

I'll post from now on in General as I'm off topic.

Oh I thought the DS3 was a shockingly bad controller. I really liked the PS3, but that controller never worked for me. If sony hadn't had such a drastic redesign I'd have gone with the XBO over the PS4. As I said still not 100% on the symmetrical sticks. It's FPSs that it hits me on. Everything else I love about it (bar maybe the cheap rubber on the launch units). They again I'd literally over 1000 hours of FPS games with the 360 and dramatically less time with BF4 on the PS4. DAFUQ is with still having AA batteries or rechargeable packs!!!!

Other observations...

Lots of ports on the back.

The external drive thing is excellent. C'mon Sony, FFS.

Super quiet so far. Still installing though. I remember my launch 360 sounding like a hover.

My internet is balls. I miss UPC when I lived in the city.

I'll post from now on in General as I'm off topic.

See can you get to bold an Xbox One Elite Controller. It's on a different planet to everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Updating....

Don't touch them for a few weeks then come back and tell us how cheap the 360 ones feel in comparison.

• Advertisement

I look forward to the day that mankind can accept a controller taking AA batteries and no longer have to comment on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement