Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

People are still buying discs? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

MJohnston wrote: »
    People are still buying discs? ;)

Sometimes I don't even buy games, like every 2nd time;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They've seemingly worked out the design issues with their shopping cart, and have now announced a wish list feature to go along with it. They're both available to test from this week.

See here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

November update is live for everyone now.

It includes:

Mouse and Keyboard Support for Xbox One
    Xbox Skill for Cortana and Alexa Updates (US and GB only for now, I think)
    Amazon Music app comes to Xbox One
    Search Expansion

Anyone else getting a black screen after the most recent update? Was working fine after updating it earlier, but now has a black screen when it loads the dash. Sounds like it's trying to refresh itself after failing to load.

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting a black screen after the most recent update? Was working fine after updating it earlier, but now has a black screen when it loads the dash. Sounds like it's trying to refresh itself after failing to load.

They're aware of the issues

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/1090678762704822272?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

answers.microsoft.com has gone off line because it was getting slammed with people looking for answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah. **** sake, I spent the last half hour resetting and factory reset to get the same issue each time. Decided to just check the Xbox Live status to see if there's an issue and then here.

I thought I had the black screen of death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

Same problem here, was playing fine until about an hour ago but now when I turn it on I get a black screen, glad I checked here and know it not a problem with my console so I guess it's just a case of wait until it's fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

How the **** did that get pushed to external testing? The head of Xbox testing left a while back, whoever the new guy is he needs a kick up the hole.

• Advertisement

They think they know the issue.....can they fix it?

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/1090692399771217920?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Basil3 wrote: »
    They think they know the issue.....can they fix it?

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/1090692399771217920?s=19

They will just roll and push a new build. Someone is in a lot of trouble.

Just an FYI for everyone, there'll be a lot of builds being pushed out this weekend, presumably there'll be a host of new features to coincide with their E3 conference.

https://twitter.com/WorkWombatman/status/1137128348281262080

Perhaps even an updated dashboard, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd love a redesign alright! :)

They've got to do something about the laggy performance on the dash. Not even gigabit broadband fixes it.

Got a new version overnight on beta ring!
    Seems a little quicker in the home area, but not 100% sure :)

I've been back and forth between the X and PS4 over the last week having not played PS4 since Spiderman came out. There is so much wasted space on the Home section of the Xbox dashboard. On almost every part of the dash stuff is generally too big imo. Mixer, Game Pass and Community tabs don't need to be there, I never use them.

I've been back and forth between the X and PS4 over the last week having not played PS4 since Spiderman came out. There is so much wasted space on the Home section of the Xbox dashboard. On almost every part of the dash stuff is generally too big imo. Mixer, Game Pass and Community tabs don't need to be there, I never use them.

Weirdly enough, my GamePass tab says unable to display games, please go to the store! So it might be on the way out :)

New Home screen incoming.

console_home_PR_940.png?fit=938%2C528

See here.

Whatever it is, they needed a change!
    Told them as much in feedback a couple of times :)

• Advertisement

Just got it there, 3.6gb update.

Still not right, they need to get that Discover and sponsored stuff out of there.

Just got it there, 3.6gb update.

Still not right, they need to get that Discover and sponsored stuff out of there.

I wouldn't mind the discovery one, if it wasn't totally useless. The stuff it shows me makes me wonder if my wife and kids get up in the middle of the night to play and look at stuff I've no interest in.

Any chance that there's an update all button for the updates in that latest alpha? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I really don't like that new dashboard redesign - The 'Resume' label is completely unnecessary information and is taking up so much space, and the 'Discover' label isn't much better (what does it even mean?). Plus it annoys me that you can't set your custom groups as your primary dashboard home. So I took a stab at mocking up what I think it should look like:

jr3Usn7.jpg

That's not bad. Think you may have too much on the left, but I like the density of the section on the right. I hate the design trend that came in a few years back of having only a few icons or info on a screen, it's always seems a massive waste of space on a screen. Not sure why it's caught on, the new redesign of twitter is the same, it's like a fisherprice design.

CatInABox wrote: »
    That's not bad. Think you may have too much on the left, but I like the density of the section on the right. I hate the design trend that came in a few years back of having only a few icons or info on a screen, it's always seems a massive waste of space on a screen. Not sure why it's caught on, the new redesign of twitter is the same, it's like a fisherprice design.

something something responsive design? I'm not that well read on it as web and ui are not my area but that was definitely a thing a few years back and I hated sites that used it as it made some desk top sites feel like mobile ones.

Latest alpha update reverts back to the older style one. Pity, I thought the new one was a big improvement.

Latest alpha update reverts back to the older style one. Pity, I thought the new one was a big improvement.

Yeah, it definitely is. They're taking it down while they look at all the feedback. I'd assume we'll see it again soon enough.

Details from the 1910 update have been announced.
    Wish List Notifications
    We’re so happy to see everyone enjoying the Wish List feature on the Microsoft Store! The October update is adding more to this feature, starting with notifications that alert users when an item in their Wish List has a price discount. We know how exciting it is when a game you want goes on sale. The new Wish List notifications will make sure you never miss a great deal.

Mixer Viewing Improvements
    Mixer and Xbox One are integrating further with the 1910 update. We’ve built a full Mixer viewing experience right into the dashboard, with a focus on speed and simplicity. Viewers will no longer have to navigate to a separate app to enjoy their favorite streamers. Getting to the Mixer content you want to watch has never been easier!

Recent Players Improvements
    We listened to your feedback regarding the popular Recent Players feature, and its frequent use with large-scale multiplayer games. We’ve made significant improvements to the Recent Players experience. The service is now more reliable and allows you to connect with other gamers instantly. You can now more quickly and easily engage with your Recent Players, whether you are sending a message, inviting players to a party, or adding them to your Friends List.

More Flexible Capture Settings
    We heard your feedback on wanting more control over your game capture experience. The “Allow game captures” setting now has multiple options, giving you a choice of what types of captures can be taken. You may now select between ‘”Captures by me,” “Captures by me or games,” or “Don’t capture.”

Recommend a Game Pass Title
    In 2017, we announced Xbox Game Pass. Since that time, we’ve seen an incredible turnout of users joining the service that brings you unlimited access to over 100 titles and counting! If you’ve ever found yourself recommending these spectacular games to your friends, with the 1910 update, Game Pass users will have the option to do so directly from their Xbox One console. Discover your next favorite game and bring your friends along for the ride in October.

Under-the-Hood Game Update Improvements
    With 1910, players can jump into their favorite games even faster! We’ve added improvements, based on your feedback, to background game updates, resulting in players encountering the “update required” screen less frequently upon launching a title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I got an update this morning and it looks like they have re-enabled the new style dash without the extra tabs.

Advertisement